• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well what do you make out of Lore's discourse with Spak? If Lore's hypothetical irked you as you said in your #180 why not just bring it up then at that point?
What? These are two totally separate questions, and I'm not missing something, right?

1. Spaks initial reaction to Lores hypo was not too different from mine, but Spak pressed a claim bait angle that I didnt feel the need to press. In their back and forth they both basically kept posting to each other finding things to back-and-forth even when they kept reiterating it was all null.

2. really it was the false dilemma [Lore] proposed to pythag that irked me. but also the hypothetical was not very great

I read it as a weirdo null thing initially. You basically already asked me this in your #82 and #89. I felt it noteworthy and commented on it. I find it good to share my reactions to things. I could obviously be wrong about my #85.

Fandangox Fandangox : Talking Lore interactions, how about Ryker v Lore in 201 and 205? I find that more interesting.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I mean "more interesting than Lore v Spak," not more interesting than 236. I got ninjad by a few posts.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I was just going to keep following Kevin but I know hes cool with

vote Lore

I really don't know **** about Soup but I dont feel as strongly about this AtE **** as everyone else seems to

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Towm:
Tom
KevinM

Should stay:
Fandango
Ryker
Marshy
Kary

Good for now:
Gorf
Spak
Pythag

Need more from:
Frozenflame
Ranmaru

Can go:
Soup
Lore

Fandangox

Smash Lord
What? These are two totally separate questions, and I'm not missing something, right?

1. Spaks initial reaction to Lores hypo was not too different from mine, but Spak pressed a claim bait angle that I didnt feel the need to press. In their back and forth they both basically kept posting to each other finding things to back-and-forth even when they kept reiterating it was all null.

2. really it was the false dilemma [Lore] proposed to pythag that irked me. but also the hypothetical was not very great

I read it as a weirdo null thing initially. You basically already asked me this in your #82 and #89. I felt it noteworthy and commented on it. I find it good to share my reactions to things. I could obviously be wrong about my #85.

Fandangox Fandangox : Talking Lore interactions, how about Ryker v Lore in 201 and 205? I find that more interesting.
Yes those were two different questions.

And I think all of Lore's interactions are worth revisiting, but those two specifically (201 and 205) are not too interesting, its just Lore misunderstanding Ryker's argument and then sort of backing down, I don't think there's anything too important there. What did you get from that interaction?

Either way now specially I would like for Lore Lore to answer Kary's question.

and Tom Tom what's your read on Spak right now?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Its crazy how I'll end up writing three versions of my post in the quick reply that follows you page to page and end up with some version that's missing material or jumps around

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Towm:
Tom
KevinM

Should stay:
Fandango
Ryker
Marshy
Kary

Good for now:
Gorf
Spak
Pythag

Need more from:
Frozenflame
Ranmaru

Can go:
Soup
Lore
This is a good list for this point in the game and I'll cosign it.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Not quite sure what to say about Spak. Nothing quite jumps out right now as awful, but level of activity is okay and I expect my read to go stronger so they aren't Can Go and aren't Needs More

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
seems like youre giving him the benefit of the doubt here. i think ill get more from poking. i take issue with it cuz theres more to gain as scum with his approach (establish yourself as a top poster, mold discussion in your favor, look like youre prodding and pushing) than as town (...get people talking i guess? but this always happens)
Nah I did similar in the last couple games I was in too, and it's what I do as town or scum. I just get bored sitting there, as previously said. It's why I post so much. I feel like the lack of me being there early game in the last one is influencing your read a bit here.

Also wtf at the last paragraph lol. Yes, spurring discussion and trying to get the game going is scummy. Come on. This is a hard reach.
youre spinning my words with the last part here. i didnt say spurring discussion and trying to get the game going is scummy. i said your hypotheticals will likely lead nowhere but being as outspoken about it (something that doesnt really help town) has more scum motivation than town. as in, scum hav many more reasons to take that route as opposed to townies making me think youre the former

hard to believe you honestly thought i would say what amounts to "hey, playing the game in an obvious protown manner is scummy"

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Ask again later toDay.

Just realized that "hbc meme" would literally be the easiest cover for scum to quick lynch day 1 ever. For someone to be that casually cool with it D1 in such a big game (and as a redo game for a game that got ruined, no less) makes me suspicious now.

Vote: Soup
This is like baffling that people think I would genuinely want to quickhammer Ryker here. Newsflash: Flaming huge red text sarcastically posted right after marshy proclaimed this game was more ****post-y is not indicative of me being serious.

HAMMAH is something that has been said in the past before regardless of where the wagon was at, and me saying 'oh **** I hope I hope I didn't just hammer him' was me furthering the joke made in the previous post. I'm not sure who I should be offended for, you or everyone else.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
gorf

whats your take on ryker and spak atm?

ryker

plz lay out for me how you went from (paraphrasing) "lore doesnt know the meaning of organic, giving him the benefit of the doubt" to voting him and being as complacent as you are with the gamestate

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
btw soup

can you extrapolate on what you found weird about me that you mentioned earlier? or just vibes?

out for now. hoping for more ppl to hav weighed in roughly 24 hours from now. things need to develop

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
ryker

plz lay out for me how you went from (paraphrasing) "lore doesnt know the meaning of organic, giving him the benefit of the doubt" to voting him and being as complacent as you are with the gamestate
I primarily just want the option to exist. Right now, there are three viable wagons and I love that. His vote on Soup reeks of thinly veiled, bandwagonning garbage.

I'm perfectly complacent with the game at the moment. It's moving and we haven't even gotten everyone involved yet. You'll have more than enough of me by the time this game is over and I'm in no rush to attempt to take over a thread that's been up for less than 48 hours.

#HBC | ѕoup

btw soup

can you extrapolate on what you found weird about me that you mentioned earlier? or just vibes?

out for now. hoping for more ppl to hav weighed in roughly 24 hours from now. things need to develop
It segues how I feel about this precedent being set right now despite it being very early. I think Lore's vote on me sucks, but if I tilt my head I could say that the votes on me kinda suck too. Am I supposed to think that scum are just playing with their food this early, or is it misguided townies trying to split the difference? That is harder to determine in my perspective because I have Ran who is actively playing different, Kary who is being Kary, then Tom/Kevin who I have very limited experience with. What do you think? Do you think that this is a double net profit and that both Me/Lore are just two scum caught together, or one is a mislynch? You've been avoiding how you feel about me, but yeah I guess what I could call it is just vibes for sure.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
dawg the worst thing about playing town is that i have to have actual reads instead of just faking them and saying **** that makes town ride my ****

#HBC | Gorf

That's...really shallow. Cmon man, when people criticized you at the end of the game it wasn't us telling you to completely change who you are. I don't want to try and read through this facade you're putting up
i dont understand why of all people youre choosing to poke at ranmaru here. 1 how deep did you expect his reads to be four pages into the game? 2 the only thing i notice that hes really changing so far is not flooding the thread with things i scroll past, and lore seems plenty willing to take that mantle on. 3 this exchange is <24 hrs into Day say start, whats got you so intrigued to egg him on at this juncture

#HBC | Gorf

gorf

whats your take on ryker and spak atm?
rykers straight. im bout the way hes poking at the whole lore/soup thing

spak = doop from last game.

That whole hypothetical sounds a little role fishy to me... I appreciate the attempts to get us out of RVS more quickly, but that whole hypothetical seemed very oddly specific and sorta out of nowhere lol.
first impression is im getting maaaad doop vibes from the last game. lores dumb hypothetical smells kinda bad but i can see a world where hes p much just lynchbait off it, but spak turns something thats mostly innocuous and strange into something thats got this veil of scumminess to it without really being firm about it in any way. and the fact that this comes out 12 minutes after toms post is sketch

I dunno, it just seemed to be calling out one specific person/role pairing and asking if they'd shoot to prove they're a vig. I guess it's not fishing after re-reading it (since it's all a hypothetical), but it's building a line of questioning on the assumption that Pythag is vig and I don't really see how that'd be useful information. I think Lore was trying to pressure Pythag, but two votes and saying that it's "not an RVS vote" despite having no content on Pythag at all is a little odd. And furthermore, why would Lore go for Pythag in order to pressure him rather than voting a slot that already had votes, like Ryker? And why specifically a Vig? The only thing that pops to mind would be if he's breadcrumbing as a N0 cop, but we don't have any possible N0 roles in the game. It just seemed oddly specific and strangely targeted lol.

After thinking on it some more, though, it seems like it could be a town!Lore-ish thing to do based off of last game's observations (and pretty much anything goes in RVS, so I'll read it as null), but it just seems a little weird lol. Anyways, I'm sick with a sore stomach today, but hopefully I'll still be around.
this is also some mad logorrhea when he couldve just said something to the tune of "lol my b." this isnt the first time any of us have seen a random person ask another random person about a dumb random thing

that being said i fux with your lore scumread from beyond this point, as well as the whole dynamic he took voting soup. i dont really feel like reading lores posts though so imma just sheep you and take the credit if he flips scum and blame you if he flips town

also the way lore and spak went back and forth early on was pretty awko taco too and it didnt really go anywhere. like i was reading that and i was hoping to see some spice but it deflated mad quick. all of that to say that i dont wanna hear any mother ****ers talking about LoRe Vs SpAk CaNt Be sVs

unvote

vote: spak

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount:

KevinM (1): Spak
Spak (1): Gorf
Ryker (2): FrozenFlame, Pythag
Soup (4): Kary, Kevin, Lore, Ryker
Lore (4): Ranmaru, Marshy, Fandangox, Lore

Not Voting(1): Soup

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Lore for what it’s worth feels like one of those liability lynched I’m always down for on D1 where Soup feels like I’d legitimately want the lynch to go down and Spak is kind of in the middle for me.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Either way now specially I would like for Lore Lore to answer Kary's question.
I think it's aight to answer this now, since the Soup wagon has more solid ground than before imo.

I strongly suspected that Kary and Ryker both had mostly light reasons for voting Soup, but instead they put down firm votes to both apply pressure and get more out of Soup. Ryker's post about how "early game votes don't really need reasons" (paraphrased) made me realize this; I assumed his post was a roundabout way of smacking me on the back of the head to realize what he and Kary were doing.

Saying this earlier would have deflated the pressure and gotten less out of Soup, especially since I didn't realize the issue with the hammer earlier. I also didn't have much reason to hop on, with Kary and Ryker already applying plenty of pressure. Once I realized the hammer issues (as I laid out earlier), I got on the wagon. I feel like enough reasons have been laid out by multiple players to make this post safe to say now.

If I misread the situation from Kary and Ryker then so be it, but that was my view at the time and still is my view.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
youre spinning my words with the last part here. i didnt say spurring discussion and trying to get the game going is scummy. i said your hypotheticals will likely lead nowhere but being as outspoken about it (something that doesnt really help town) has more scum motivation than town. as in, scum hav many more reasons to take that route as opposed to townies making me think youre the former

hard to believe you honestly thought i would say what amounts to "hey, playing the game in an obvious protown manner is scummy"
This explanation makes more sense, then. Your initial post was a bit more unclear; I took it as you saying the parts in parentheses (establishing yourself as town, etc) were the issue.

As an aside, I suspect that I had major heat exhaustion from yesterday (it's nearly 100 with high humidity, and we were trying to get the heavy fridge through a door for several hours), especially after rereading my own material. I misunderstood so many posts and literally had to have them laid out by each person, like yours. I have a searing headache today that's likely related, but at least advil is starting to get rid of that.

This is like baffling that people think I would genuinely want to quickhammer Ryker here. Newsflash: Flaming huge red text sarcastically posted right after marshy proclaimed this game was more ****post-y is not indicative of me being serious.

HAMMAH is something that has been said in the past before regardless of where the wagon was at, and me saying 'oh **** I hope I hope I didn't just hammer him' was me furthering the joke made in the previous post. I'm not sure who I should be offended for, you or everyone else.
I didn't take the "oh **** I hope I didn't just hammer him" as what you're saying here; I took it as you not knowing the vote count and realizing that you may have just hammered. Whether it was true or fake remains to be seen.

Again, doing flaming huge red text for a quick hammer in this group is practically encouraged. It's the easiest situation imaginable for scum to hop on and fake it, and I feel like I should continue to find it suspicious.

Lore for what it’s worth feels like one of those liability lynched I’m always down for on D1 where Soup feels like I’d legitimately want the lynch to go down and Spak is kind of in the middle for me.
Alignment aside, I'd like to ask about the liability lynch bit here.

For my last few games, I've been read as scum pretty quickly. This is as town or scum, not just one alignment. More often than not I'm able to continue and not get lynched as people read more of my content, but the fact that it's a trend (and with both alignments) means that it's playstyle causing issues.

I'd like to argue that this is my playstyle that is to blame, and I'd like to have a discussion either now or post-game about how I can improve this. I will also add that whether I'm town or scum in this game is irrelevant to this discussion; this trend has been happening as both alignments, and I need to fix whatever is causing people to scum read me.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ask again later toDay.

Just realized that "hbc meme" would literally be the easiest cover for scum to quick lynch day 1 ever. For someone to be that casually cool with it D1 in such a big game (and as a redo game for a game that got ruined, no less) makes me suspicious now.

Vote: Soup
Really don't like this post or vote. For some reason it would've been more acceptable to if you had just stated "Lore v Soup? Wonder how I'm gonna vote." and then vote soup.

Vote: Lore

Soup's almost hammer of Ryker was a red flag, but Lore's sudden vote and his reasoning are even worse. I don't like his #236 either reads really forced.
I also don't like this.

spak = doop from last game.

I know what I said earlier about Lore v Spak, seemed TvT. However, I also recall reading early Spak interactions and thinking it reminded me of doop (with some of doops first posts being negative). I might could find myself voting for Spak.

unvote, Vote: FrozenFlame for now

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Really don't like this post or vote. For some reason it would've been more acceptable to if you had just stated "Lore v Soup? Wonder how I'm gonna vote." and then vote soup.

unvote, Vote: FrozenFlame for now
I try to avoid OMGUS or self-preserving voting, as it was something I used to do way too much back in the day. So I only vote someone if I have actual reasons to do so. I still fall into the trap occasionally, but I'd much rather have my vote on someone I think should be lynched rather than just to save my skin. If I end up lynched, this style of voting gives more useful information to those who are left.

Any reason for the FF vote? Feels kinda random after you said 3 different people have stuff that you dislike.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag Also to be fair, please don't take my "my playstyle is to not self-preserve vote" as a defense, take it more as an explanation. I would do the same as town or scum.
I don't totally understand what you mean. If it's an explanation I think it actually looks worse, because of the timing? Maybe I'm reading that wrong.

Re: My FF vote
While people have posted things I don't like, FF has a total of 1 post. Right now I think I don't like that even more.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I don't totally understand what you mean. If it's an explanation I think it actually looks worse, because of the timing? Maybe I'm reading that wrong.

Re: My FF vote
While people have posted things I don't like, FF has a total of 1 post. Right now I think I don't like that even more.
You might be misreading. What I'm saying in my post is that it's the explanation for why I voted Soup with reasoning rather than just a simple Soup vote for the competing wagon.

However, I want to be fair and say that the explanation should be taken as null, since I would do the same as town or scum. You can find the vote itself towny or scummy all you'd like, but I wanted to make sure you knew that the explanation itself is pure playstyle and not alignment-centric.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
However, I want to be fair and say that the explanation should be taken as null, since I would do the same as town or scum. You can find the vote itself towny or scummy all you'd like, but I wanted to make sure you knew that the explanation itself is pure playstyle and not alignment-centric.
I do understand what you mean now. Thanks for clarifying

#HBC | ѕoup

KevinM KevinM

Lol, you keep saying I'm weirding you out or whatever but I ain't got a clue where to start. Maybe its my own pride but being lynched or accused for dumbass (or unknown) reasons really irk me. I wanna think I'm a good townie, able to articulate myself and get ppl to see my perspective. I dont care if you dont drop a paragraph about it but I'm just like ????

Top Bottom