• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
this whole thing is dumb

youve spent the last 48 hours or so just ******** about the hammer thing. if you had simply played mafia, you wouldnt b getting **** on so hard. part of me thinks youre scum but the other part is like 'he couldnt b this bad as scum.' but then again its hard to think youre this bad as town

hopefully you just get clapped by scum and give us a free town/mafia

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup, if you think reads are fake, then vote someone you feel is scum then. I think we need a paper trail from you at the very least. The record shows that you voted Lore after a drawn out argument with him. As you can see, I'm playing in a closed manner, but I have my vote out there at the very least and change it if my reads change. You were just sitting on your ass. Do you disagree?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Soup, if you think reads are fake, then vote someone you feel is scum then. I think we need a paper trail from you at the very least. The record shows that you voted Lore after a drawn out argument with him. As you can see, I'm playing in a closed manner, but I have my vote out there at the very least and change it if my reads change. You were just sitting on your ***. Do you disagree?
Vote: Pythag

Done :)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why do readslists matter so much? They're so easy to fake, man. I'd say scum are more willing to give them because it takes 0 thought to randomize a bunch of people and think of bull**** reasons. I get it's about credibility but scum love faking credibility because it gives them more room to push bad lynches under the pretense of muh reads
Because then you have a bunch of bull**** reasons they have to rationalize when they need to shift their stances later. Readlists SINK scum players later.

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP: I don't think that all scum are on me and there's probably a few weenie townies and I thought about it and felt like Kary had more equity for trying to be the safest game imaginable

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Why do readslists matter so much? They're so easy to fake, man. I'd say scum are more willing to give them because it takes 0 thought to randomize a bunch of people and think of bull**** reasons. I get it's about credibility but scum love faking credibility because it gives them more room to push bad lynches under the pretense of muh reads
Because it gives content, it let us know where your head is at, and I asked SPECIFICALLY caused you said you disagreed with another readlist, meaning we can potentially get more insight of both players.

If its so easy to give one, then give me one.

#HBC | ѕoup

Because it gives content, it let us know where your head is at, and I asked SPECIFICALLY caused you said you disagreed with another readlist, meaning we can potentially get more insight of both players.

If its so easy to give one, then give me one.
I gave you a on-the-brain one just to Ranmaru, I wanted to take my time and I guess that's what annoys me

#HBC | ѕoup

Meanwhile Kary nowhere to be seen discussing in the scumchat what to do :joyful:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
A few inches from a hamburger.

Realistically, I think a lot of the Lore/Soup interaction is ****ing useless. You have a situation with Soup doing stupid **** and then getting angry about being pressured for doing stupid ****. I need to dig further into his explosion, but my primary issue with Soup is his original sin with that vote. I don't care if it was a joke or not.
You really think we don't get anything out of the other on Lore or Soup flip?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
cut the passive aggressiveness and play the game. youve complained about being wagoned, weve given you ample material to provide, play ball

#HBC | ѕoup

Why hoping? Last I checked you are still not voted out, you could give us those reasons now.
Have you read Spak's posts? Dude has the tone and clarity of a really friendly next door neighbor. I'm sorry, I know this is not substantiated either but for ****S SAKE! Please give me a moment to chill out because I am clearly frustrated and not thinking properly right now so I would be unhappy with whatever answer I'd give you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I still want Spak lynched. Curious to know what changed for you from your #99 to your #457 in regards to Spak.

#HBC | ѕoup

The only argument I see for Spak honestly is if you believe Spak has the capability to fake tone in the way he has. If I'm leaning on tone for my reads it's because that's what I do, and I think most of them are pretty ****ing good. Spak is not a player who would concede to someone like that if he were scum, he would back up his thoughts and try to sell his own disposition, but instead he's shown interest otherwise. When I said I was indecisive to you Fanny, it was that reason alone. I backed on my Spak read earlier on because I just felt like there's no way Spak's capability to fake that is possible, and that's not an insult to Spak rather he would be far more mechanical in his assumptions if he were scum.

Spak had every opportunity to bury Lore there for coming at him the way he did and he merely conceded when he did nothing wrong. I don't see Scum just deciding that wasn't a good opportunity. I thought at first perhaps that meant Lore was suspect so I tried to push where Spak dropped it but now I'm feeling like maybe this is what scum wants. I talked about this before about the dangerous precedent, and now you see why I was talking about it.

Jeez.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup, did you crumb at any point?
I never crumb, I usually just keep it in my pocket until I have relevant information or I'm forced to. Obviously, I was not at L-1 but my emotions got the better of me.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Unvote

I am fine with continuing the Soup lynch for a plethora of reasons, but I don't want this wagon anywhere close to hammer time until we hear from everyone on the wagon why they are OK with risking a PR lynch.

I personally believe that his inconsistency in his defense ("I didn't realize vote count" to "saying I didn't know post count was part of the joke" then back to saying it was just a mistake), his blow up, and his lack of scum hunting make him feel like scum going for damage control to me.

I'd like to hear similar confirmations from every wagon person that they are OK with the risk before I hop back on. This is not a lynch where lazily just keeping the vote on is OK.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why did you claim this early? Also why didn't you go further into Spak as you are doing now back then when Gorf and I were talking to you? Why did you dip from that point?

#HBC | ѕoup

Unvote

I am fine with continuing the Soup lynch for a plethora of reasons, but I don't want this wagon anywhere close to hammer time until we hear from everyone on the wagon why they are OK with risking a PR lynch.

I personally believe that his inconsistency in his defense ("I didn't realize vote count" to "saying I didn't know post count was part of the joke" then back to saying it was just a mistake), his blow up, and his lack of scum hunting make him feel like scum going for damage control to me.

I'd like to hear similar confirmations from every wagon person that they are OK with the risk before I hop back on. This is not a lynch where lazily just keeping the vote on is OK.
I am an un'CCd PR, get a better alibi

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Votecount

Soup (4): Kary, Kevin, Ryker, Fandangox
Lore (2): Marshy, Tom,
OrangeXHTML (4): Gorf, Ranmaru, Frozen Flame, Pythag
Pythag(2): OrangeXHTML, Soup

Not Voting(1): Lore

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

Why did you claim this early? Also why didn't you go further into Spak as you are doing now back then when Gorf and I were talking to you? Why did you dip from that point?
I was mad and I hate seeing town do stupid **** even if it's my fault. Sorry.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Unvote

So, is Soup still your leading lynch?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It's funny because in my notes it says "don't trust any claims from soup from now on. he would have outed himself at L-3 if he had a PR"

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I want that Lore response, but I REAAAAAALLY want to just freeze the thread until I hear from Tom/Kev/FF on this one.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup, what's your read on me right now? Talk to me more about Frozen and Pythag.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I am an un'CCd PR, get a better alibi
Scum can risk a fake claim, and you claiming so early makes me believe it is possible.

So, is Soup still your leading lynch?
Yes. Ran's sudden thinking about setup makes me immediately suspicious upon a Soup flip, since it shows that setup was on his mind at the time. Which it would be if scum had been discussing setup for a fake claim.

I also would like to look more into FF and Pythag for the reasons I agreed with Tom on, but Soup is my focus. I also am unsure on Spak, but I would like more time to think on him. I'm 50/50 on my lean direction with him.

I want that Lore response, but I REAAAAAALLY want to just freeze the thread until I hear from Tom/Kev/FF on this one.
Hence my unvote.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm gonna be oracleing Kary cause his push has no weight now and he's been townread for the dumbest ****ing reasons

My game now :)
Also the smugness at the end of this post ****ing reeks. Especially after your blowup. We're expected to believe you went from boiling pissed to sickeningly smug in such a short time frame?

Top Bottom