• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's your second?

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
I wanted to get an idea of who Sonic mains are picking up as alt characters. I know that I personally thought that a good secondary would be a character with larger hitboxes and easier kills like Ike or Link, but for some reason I just can't tear myself away from the fast-paced combo-oriented playstyle.

So far, I've pretty well established Falco as my second, with some dabbling around with DeDeDe, Ike, Luigi, and Samus. Who are you guys playing in your off-time?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Pit seems to be doing well for me. Although maybe it's because he was my planned secondary before Falcon got nerfed and Sonic got announced. Psychosomatic ya know?

rushdown

Smash Rookie
I took a shine to PT. Then IC as my standby from Melee. Lucario and Bowser coming in at a good fourth. And oblivion to the rest.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Well I picked up Sonic and decided I really like his play style. I like the fast pace combos and have had an easy time with getting the spacing down.

My secondary I'm yet to really decide on.

I kinda' wanna' still use my old Melee main Yoshi but I don't like him much in Brawl. Pit has been alright and Metaknight too but I just don't feel comfortable with them. Aside from Charizard I'm liking PT but the problem is once Squirtle and Ivysaur get KO'ed what am I supposed to do? lol. Olimar has been pretty good for me, I sort of went right at using him when I got the game because I loved the Pikmin games so I have his moveset down pretty good, just had trouble with combos.

My secondary will probably be PT, Yoshi or maybe and just maybe Olimar.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Been playing me some Jigglpuff and Lucario, with a little bit of Bowser as well..

Jonkenden

Smash Cadet
hehe I been wavering and I seem to be wanting to main meta knight now instead, Sonic will be a close second if not main still. Ike is definetly one I want to learn to play as well since he is so different from the two quick main potentials I got. Lucario is another interest I have, I will be able to tell more once I gotten to play and get the feel for them all.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I've been using Marth and 3D a lot when I'm not Sonic. 3D is just too fun to play with him being able to chain grab half the cast.

GarrettB

Smash Rookie
I can't wait to unlock sonic because I am hoping to main if is play style is what I am hoping it is. Other than that though I am maining Olimar till then. He will be my second if sonic is what I think he is.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf was my Melee main, but he's been nerfed so badly I gave up on him. Snake and Olimar are my 2nd and 3rd, along with my other Melee guys Mario and Yoshi. But as I get more practice I'll be using Sonic almost exclusively.

M@v

Subarashii!
I play as sonic and Zamus/samus as my mains. Metaknight close second. After that I like pit,snake, and zelda. Last but not least i like ike for free for all brawls.

Dark Anakin

Smash Rookie
I don't have a second, I would rather get as good as I possibly can with my main which is Sonic.

Browny

Smash Hater
Im split between sonic and lucario for mains :/

I couldnt really put either of them as my preference. But if they were both my primary mains, my next would be Ness and toon link lol. i mained ness throughout 64 and melee and still love him in brawl, and link in melee. I really liked the wind waker so i couldnt ignore TL :>

D

Deleted member

I second Luigi and Zero Suit Samus. Luigi, because I used to main him in Melee. Luigi in Melee is similar to Sonic, since he is really fast horizontally (wavedashing) but has a seemingly terrible aerial pursuit. They also both have sex kicks!

Zero suit samus because she's light weight, and I like her whip/stunning attacks. It's odd, but playing as Zamus helps me in figuring out how to kill them whilst I'm Sonic, since that's usually the only character I have trouble against.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Captain Falcon, Mario, Dk, Metaknight, I have an alright Link, nothing great though. My best alt is Mario though.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
Ganondorf or Pokemon Trainer. It's nice to have some variety, but I still prefer the thrill of using someone like Sonic. Also, Link is my tertiary (if that can be considered a position >.>)...

phosphorus

Smash Cadet
Aside from Sonic, I also use G&W, and after that, Lucario. There has to be something hilarious about th characters I play as. G&W is, well G&W (and his Dair goes through a hammer), and Lucario is serious to the point of absurdity.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I use a Zelda/Shiek hybrid as a secondary. Originally it was just Zelda, but I found that Sheik has a better survival rate in the higher percentages.

Johnny Smash

Smash Cadet
Right now my second is King Dedede. Nice to have a character that completely opposes Sonic. I like Wario and Pokemon Trainer too but I played them a lot when the game came out so I'm kinda sick of them.

Top Bottom