• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's the most annoying rival?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
someday I want to go in, edit a rom, and give Gary the badass team he deserves that you should actually struggle to beat.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nah son give him mad koffings and voltorbs and geodudes with only selfdestruct cuz that's what everyone else has.

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
So what if you had started with a Level 1 instead of a Level 5, which would mean your first battle would be against a rival with a Level 1, only to find out that this rival has an entire team of six Level 100 'Mons in the endgame (in fact, every major character you fight post game would have six Level 100's just like this rival), and they even balance each other? Now THAT would be tough.

The most annoying rival for me would have to be post-game Cheren in Black and White. His starter carries Focus Sash, and Gigalith has Sturdy Ability, both of which deny you that OHKO you would have been seeking.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
anime gary is a baller lol

blue from the game is crazy cocky. and i feel bad for killing his raticate

Then123

Smash Cadet
Gary- AFTER I FINALLY GOT OUT OF THAT CAVE HE COMES OUT!! Dude, can you not see my team is like half dead?
Hes cool, but annoying at the same time.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Gary (I always called him that). He always made unexpected appearances and was always rather mean as a rival. He was the one rival that very few would pity for after he got defeated in the league by you.

Sitien maker

Smash Cadet
Gary m***********g oak is annoying...I beated elite four and champion my pokemon are all low HP or fainted,guess who shows up revealing he is the real champion?Gary m***********g oak that's who!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I killed his beloved raticate, broke his bones with a critical strike water gun blast. Then went back his his house and partied with his sister.

Gary cried alone with no parents to comfort him and a grandfather that can't remember his name.

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who isn't saying Cheren and Bianca is wrong.
While Blue and Silver come out at the right time while being mean, Cheren and Bianca come out OFTEN, AT THE WRONG TIME, MANY TIMES.
It comforts me to know that someone shares my pain.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I killed his beloved raticate, broke his bones with a critical strike water gun blast. Then went back his his house and partied with his sister.

Gary cried alone with no parents to comfort him and a grandfather that can't remember his name.
rofl

this is why he is the best

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Notice the similarities? The timeline makes this POSSIBLE as well.

As for most annoying, I would say Barry. The mount of times he runs into you without eer admitting he likes it is annoying.

BlueStar03

Smash Cadet
Bianca in Black and White, she is the only rival I've ever lost to. I lost the first fight against her, I had some bad luck (missing) she had some good luck (critical hits x2).

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

Notice the similarities? The timeline makes this POSSIBLE as well.

As for most annoying, I would say Barry. The mount of times he runs into you without eer admitting he likes it is annoying.
I feel stupid for asking, but is that pic saying that Giovanni gave birth to the gold/silver rival, who became a trangendered member of team galactic?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Gens II and IV are in the same timeline/dates. This is given by the reports for Red Gyarados at the beginning of the games. Silver would still be the same kid as in GSC because it's occuring at the same time.

The other assumption to make that they're relatives, Silver and Mars would most timely be related.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I too lost in the first rival fight in black and white. LOL, complete bad luck in it.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Barry or whatever the kid's name is from Gen IV. I didn't even see him as a rival, just some colossal ****** that keeps bumping into me, charging me money for no reason, shouting, and getting his *** handed to him by my pokemon at every given opportunity.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Gary was annoying in the best way I would want him to be.

Silver was cool cause he had all the same Pokemon as me by the end. O_o

Wally made me groan whenever I saw him. The whole "zero to hero" thing was overplayed. Deathly ill to Victory Road master kind of made me tilt my head. And May was just the typical "hero derp I liek teh pokes" daughter of the professor.

Barry... Rofl. He was funny. My buddy named him after me, and it made me lulz.

Cheren made me angry. "I r 2 b liek teh champ and stalkz himz. O_O" Like seriously, you have to follow that guy EVERYWHERE cause he was nice to you ONCE?! Bianca never annoyed me. She knew she wasn't good, and she took on a different profession outside of battling. At least she understood her faults.

I think Cheren, May, and Wally would get my votes as most annoying. Gary ****ing Oak is just the best.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Barry or whatever the rival from DPPt is officially called. He constantly got on my nerves.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Barry is a *******. Gary mother****ing Oaks official middle name should be gary f---ing oak or(even better) Gary Mother****ing Oak.
I vote either of them.
To May: Why cant I see 3rd evolution pkmn starter?

The extremely disliked the ??? guy from pokemon silver, gold, and crystal. I seriously named him ??? because when the officer asked me who was it I saw, it was ??? when the game named him. So, ??? has been his name ever since for me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Blue (Gary) and Silver are awesome, and always what I thought a real rival should be, especially Silver. (That, and learning after all these years in HG and FR/LG that he was Giovanni's son was AWESOME.)

Cheren/Bianca and Barry were just really, really annoying, especially Barry. Jeez. That guy never stopped. And the "I'm fining you x amount if you're late" jokes got old REAL fast.

Cleod

Smash Cadet
Gary/Blue will and will always be the one rival that always annoys me to no end

Top Bottom