• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon-Eater

Smash Rookie
After the reveal of the Dragon Quest Hero and Banjo Kazooie, which two characters are most likely to get unvieled as the final two picks?

I have to be honest, I'm setting my sights low and amusing the final two characters are not going to top the emotional high of B & K.

I think we'll get either a new Pokémon, A new Fire Emblem (axe wielder hopefully) or either Professor E. Gadd or King Boo from Luigi's Mansion.

If we do get third party characters, I'm expecting Ray-Man and probably Tails

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Hollow Knight.

Only because I want it so bad, not because it's likely.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It’s just about impossible to guess who the “most likely” characters are since damn near anybody can get into Smash now, but I still foolishly hold out hope that Geno will finally get his chance.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think a Bandai Namco rep may be next, as they’re the only “veteran” third party still at one character, and they are helping develop Smash.

Could be most likely either a Tales Of character (like Lloyd Irving) or KOS-MOS from Xenosaga (she is highly demanded last I checked).

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Definitely third party. Almost definitely not Tails. Rayman is possible.

Doom Slayer is a likely candidate, as the series is putting out new entries on the Switch, is a longtime fan request, and would represent a new game genre and playstyle in FPS. Crash wouldn't play very uniquely but he's also likely as he's very popular in and out of Japan and has re-achieved relevance with recent games. Sadly Spyro lacks the popularity in Japan to be in the running. Minecraft Steve and/or an Undertale character are very possible inclusions, love it or hate it. And despite previous statements, maybe even because of previous statements, I'm actually not putting Master Chief or Waluigi off the table. Like, of course the companies will say it's not happening. They don't want to ruin the surprise.

I think a Bandai Namco rep may be next, as they’re the only “veteran” third party still at one character, and they are helping develop Smash.

Could be most likely either a Tales Of character (like Lloyd Irving) or KOS-MOS from Xenosaga (she is highly demanded last I checked).
If we're talking Namco I'd be really happy with a Digimon character. I don't know how or who, but actually seeing a Digimon fighting a Pokemon would be kind of awesome. Agumon's the face of the franchise, but he's also not really a very interesting combatant.

Last edited:

RyanSim

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7573-5210-5239
Well, I would like to see Highlander from Etrian Odyssey Untold/Shin Sekaiju no MeiQ

KIRBY MAIN

Smash Cadet
King Boo

Paper Mario (NOT a Clone)

Hollow Knight

Ryu Hayabusa

Master Chief

Any of theses would be awesome....

Edit: Forgot about Crash Bandicoot and
Rayman

Last edited:

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
I have to be honest, I'm setting my sights low and amusing the final two characters are not going to top the emotional high of B & K.

I think we'll get either a new Pokémon, A new Fire Emblem (axe wielder hopefully) or either Professor E. Gadd or King Boo from Luigi's Mansion.

If we do get third party characters, I'm expecting Ray-Man and probably Tails[/B]
I agree, it's going to be nearly impossible to top the Banjo reveal trailer so I'm pretty sure it's going to be downhill from here (at least for me). I'm hoping they at least keep introducing new third party characters or at very least go for some first party's with low representation like F-Zero and Earthbound. I personally think we have enough Fire Emblem characters and Pokemon characters for now. Tails is pretty unlikely because of his confirmation as a Mii Fighter Costume (can I get a F in the chat) but Rayman is a possibility. I'm hoping for Crash Bandicoot as a new fighter, he seems to be making a mini comeback of sorts with the Insane Trilogy and CTR Nitro, both games are on Switch I may add, and he would fit in really well with the rest of the roster.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
The only thing I'm 100% certain on is that it's definitely not gonna be someone from a franchise that already has representation in Smash. I'm fully expecting two more third party characters, though I wouldn't be surprised if the added a Nintendo character from a franchise that's yet to appear.

I think characters who are currently assists or spirits are completely out of the question considering they had DLC set in stone when the game came out.

As for who specifically?

Hard to say. Joker opened pretty much all the doors tbh. He's not exactly a world-wide icon, and he doesn't have many connections to Nintendo. Besides, the choices so far aren't exactly consistent, don't follow quite the same logic, and seem to target different audiences altogether. Buuuuuuuuut if you ask me? I'd look at third party characters from highly popular games from 2-3 years ago. We could get anything from Doom to Dark Souls to Overwatch to Tomb Raider to Crash Bandicoot... Freaking anything could happen.

Actually, to be more specific, I'd look at third party characters from games that were highly popular in Japan 2-3 years ago.

If I was forced to bet, I'd say Yokai Watch. I'd be pretty certain about Monster Hunter, but Rathalos appearance in the base game gives me doubt. Then again, it's a bit weird that we have Rathalos as a boss, but absolutely nothing else. No spirit. No songs. Nothing. Just Rathalos.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
If it's not just Third party I think Bandana Dee could be a likely candidate. Maybe not? I just know that Banjo and him were two of the most wanted Smash introductions. Among others of course. Just I would see Dee and Banjo quite a lot in predictions and the such. Or you know, another Fire Emblem fighter, but if they were going that route for 3Houses. You'd think they would had introduced them before the game comes out and it comes out in July I think?

For third party, It'd be awesome to see Lloyd in Smash from ToS. He'd be a sword fighter yes. I can hear the groans of many, but he'd also be the first double-sword fighter. That could give him some interesting movesets. Plus he had that ring thingy that activated certain dungeon lighthouses. My memory is a little fuzzy I haven't played it since early 2000. But I remember some ring that got different power-ups depending on what dungeon you were in.

And Scott Melvin would voice him for the game. He's the guy that voiced Robin from the original Teen Titans. And also Go, but that show is crap.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
So far, my inductive reasoning based on SSB4's DLC has not yet been disproved. First-party characters are still possible, but given three have been third-party characters, I suspect it'll remain the case. This makes the case for my original opinion stronger. My opinion is that no character from a pre-existing series will be included. It would be interesting if Rayman was included and he breaks free from the ice on Battlefield, forever altering the stage's appearance.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Definitely third party. Almost definitely not Tails. Rayman is possible.

Doom Slayer is a likely candidate, as the series is putting out new entries on the Switch, is a longtime fan request, and would represent a new game genre and playstyle in FPS. Crash wouldn't play very uniquely but he's also likely as he's very popular in and out of Japan and has re-achieved relevance with recent games. Sadly Spyro lacks the popularity in Japan to be in the running. Minecraft Steve and/or an Undertale character are very possible inclusions, love it or hate it. And despite previous statements, maybe even because of previous statements, I'm actually not putting Master Chief or Waluigi off the table. Like, of course the companies will say it's not happening. They don't want to ruin the surprise.

If we're talking Namco I'd be really happy with a Digimon character. I don't know how or who, but actually seeing a Digimon fighting a Pokemon would be kind of awesome. Agumon's the face of the franchise, but he's also not really a very interesting combatant.
He can evolve , and this will make him interesting!

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
He can evolve , and this will make him interesting!
What, like another meter mechanic to turn into Greymon? It would be something, I suppose. I've only seen the anime so as far as I'm aware his only special move is a fireball. Does he have more signature attacks in the Digimon games?

Not related to Agumon specifically, but I miss Bowser's fireball from Smash 4. It should come back in some capacity.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think it comes down to any of these characters.

-Crash Bandicoot
-Doom Slayer
-Elma (Still pulling for her!)
-Lloyd Irving
-Phoenix Wright
-Resident Evil rep (Jill or Leon)
-Ryu Hayabusa

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Newcomer speculation is over thataway. There's a sticky for general newcomer chatter, as well as individual threads for various characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom