• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's going to main DK in Brawl?

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hmm... probably not, if he doesn't get some buffs or maybe he's already good enough (we'll see it when Brawl is out)... I played him VERY OFTEN in Melee... he's probably my most used character (never used him competitively though, only tried it about 5 times). I hope I'll be able to use him in "real" battles, or else he'll be only used for fun matches /:

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
i just started playin as dk in melee for fun and im gettin to be pretty good with him. i may pick him up just for fun cause i already have my mains and secondaries decided for brawl.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'm probably going to main him and/or Pokemon Trainer. There are a few newcomers that I'd rather use (like K. Rool), but I'm happy with DK's playstyle, and, since it seems to be pretty much the same in Brawl, I'll probably end up going back to him in the end.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong is going to be my number one main in Brawl, along with Fox, Mario, and hopefully Mewtwo (if he makes it in of course). Donkey Kong is my favorite video game character, so yeah, he will definitely be my most played character.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
no way to tell until Brawl comes out for us to judge, but I'm a hardcore DK fan, and that means that no matter how much he would be nerfed, he will always stay my main

but to the people who say they're gonna main DK, they better keep their word on it, I doubt it though

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
Having not played Brawl yet, I having decided who to main. But I will definitely be using DK a LOT.

Though so far with the minor buffs and nerfs done to him, I think he'll be roughly about the same spot on the tierlist as Melee.

Chains

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone seen some of the videos with DK in them? His final smash isn't as bad as you think it is, on battlefield, if you get the buttons all right, the sound waves engulf the whole stage. also, now his down+b does 60+ damage if your caught in the whole thing (according to a video).

Colenstien

Smash Ace
I mained him in 64, and Melee. (Looks at avatar and location). Soooooooo

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Gosh, lol. Not to seem really weird, but I picked up melee after a long long time and I played as the fastest characters and they seemed too slow to me. lol. I'm saving my #1 for Sonic and De De De as my Heavyweight. DK will have to be practiced b4 I could say anything.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Gosh, lol. Not to seem really weird, but I picked up melee after a long long time and I played as the fastest characters and they seemed too slow to me. lol. I'm saving my #1 for Sonic and De De De as my Heavyweight. DK will have to be practiced b4 I could say anything.
Good choice.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Nah, heavy characters (with the exception of Dedede) dont really appeal to me, for me, its Diddy, Pokemon Trainer, and Dedede

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whoa. DK really isn't a popular character at all. o_o I am deffinatly gonna main DK again, togheter with Diddy ofcoarse. Still, the amount of people saying "first him, then her and if X doesn't make it maybe then DK" posts suprises me. Slightly...

DGK all day

Smash Apprentice
Im totaly gonna main DK. When I got my NES the first game i had was Donkey Kong, SNES first game DKC, N64 first game DK64, First GC game ..... Luigis Mansion, but that doesnt matter because DK ROCKS

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Im totaly gonna main DK. When I got my NES the first game i had was Donkey Kong, SNES first game DKC, N64 first game DK64, First GC game ..... Luigis Mansion, but that doesnt matter because DK ROCKS
Now thats a DK fan for you!

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
He's not that slow, he just has very lag-oriented attacks, especially his FAir. His Headbutt was always a crappy attack, little to no range, small damage for the requisites, and a crappy spike because of unreliability. He'd be a bit more favorable to me if his Down B was useful in solo battles and didn't have upward knockback and if he had his Coconut Cannon rather than his Headbutt.

Giant Punch is great, but DK suffers from having a lack of good reliable attacks to use. This is why he has always suffered IMO.

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
when i want power i always go to dk he never lets me down i might main him hes always been my main, well he and fox...until i saw they put wario in wario is what ive been waitin for

Lord Climactis

Smash Rookie
I had thought of having DK as a main from the original cast, but it occurred to me how slow he was with his attacks. A sort of lag, it made it awkward to control him in Melee. But seeing his smash attack leveled my opinion completely. I think your onto something with that Coconut cannon. That's a really good idea, like some huge gun with rounds that knock you off your feet, or just altogether makes you explode in a flurry of blood and gore that's altogether not supposed to be in a Smash bros. game.

Yoshi330

Smash Rookie
Aside from Yoshi and Kirby, Donkey Kong will be my main, like in the last 2 games, as well as Meta Knight, Wario, and Bowser.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Meta_Sonic was saying this game, as in Brawl. Gimpyfish said in his impressions that the change in mechanics didn't favor DK. Hopefully he'll still be a force like he was in Melee.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Me, definitely. I looove playing muscle characters in fighting games, it suits my pure-offense style of play.

DKSKOOT

Smash Rookie
Yeah I am probably going to main with DK. But I do like how diddy fights as well so I might main with him.

Top Bottom