• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's gamestop ISN'T having a smash tournament?

superninja

Smash Cadet
This is BS! I checked online, and out of all the GS's doing it, mine isn't! Seriously...WHHHYYYYYY!!?!

it's not like it's somewhere in a big grassy field...Santa Barbara, CA, which is a medium sized city...nothing EVER happens here... :( Anyone else with this problem?

montyalbo

Smash Apprentice
Mine's not having a tourney or a midnight release in Northvale, NJ

Oh well, I'll get over it

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Chill man. You're not the only one who isn't going. 5 different Gamestop's near me, all within 5 minutes drive.... yet I have the flu, and will not be going.

ViciousL337

Smash Rookie
I almost did, but it I went out to buy a Gamecube Controller because I lost mine, and apparently the gamestop I went to was doing the tournament, but wasn't up on the big list
Did you check them all out? Or did you just look on the website and stuff

superninja

Smash Cadet
I almost did, but it I went out to buy a Gamecube Controller because I lost mine, and apparently the gamestop I went to was doing the tournament, but wasn't up on the big list
Did you check them all out? Or did you just look on the website and stuff
By "Check them all out" do you mean "call them"? If so, no I havn't and I might just to that tomarrow, but yeah, there's nothing on it online...whens it start again?

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
my gamestop is on the list that are supposed to have a midnight release, but I called the store and they claim that they arent doing it. funny thing is I got a recorded message about half an hour later saying that they were.

breaking and entering is still considered an option.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
My gamespot isn't doing a tournment or Midnight release and that's simply because of their lease agreement with the mall prevents them from remaining open after regular mall hours. But I guess they've got permission to open early so I'll get mine around 10 AM or so XD Considering time change Sunday it's not that bad of a wait anyhoo XD

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I have two gamestops here in Keene. One of them is having a tournament, one isn't. And wouldn't you know, the store MY reserved copy is at is the one NOT having a tourney.

Luz

Smash Apprentice
We have 3 gamestops in town, and none are doing it. The closest one is an hour away, but I'm lazy XD

KiRdaY

Smash Cadet
This is BS! I checked online, and out of all the GS's doing it, mine isn't! Seriously...WHHHYYYYYY!!?!

it's not like it's somewhere in a big grassy field...Santa Barbara, CA, which is a medium sized city...nothing EVER happens here... :( Anyone else with this problem?

You sure? When i checked the list, i saw the one on state street and another one that i didn't even know existed.

Komatsu Masato

Smash Cadet
All of the ones near me are having tournaments. ^^ I figure since I am already going to be there for the midnight release, I may as well have a little bit of fun as well instead of just watching or waiting for midnight.

I already know it will not be like most tournaments, but still fun and probably gain some more people or meet other teams around the area who will show up to this.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Do you have to have the game pre-ordered to get it on the mid-night release? I pre-ordered my copy at EBGames and they WHERE going to have a mid-night release but than they JUST called me (earlier, Fri after noon) to say they canned it and to come in Sunday morning (not going to take 2 buses on a cold a** sundaymorning because they lied to me. . ).

But before that my bud told me he fond a gamestop thats like 5 mins away thats doing a Mid-Night release and he pre-ordered it there (he is also going to be in their tourney). Im going to get my money back from that EB games and go to the GameStop but I would like to know if I have to pre-order it there (I figure it wouldn't hurt to do so anyway but still. . .)

Komatsu Masato

Smash Cadet
Yeah, to get it at midnight release you have to have a pre-order placed. Pre-orders for Brawl closed tonight at each timezone's respective Gamestop close time though, so...either way, your stuck until Sunday morning. :(

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yeah, to get it at midnight release you have to have a pre-order placed. Pre-orders for Brawl closed tonight at each timezone's respective Gamestop close time though, so...either way, your stuck until Sunday morning. :(
Oh, well Im still taking my money from that EB game (fuc*en lieing ****es. . .).

No biggy, my bud is doing the whole midnight thing and we will probly spend the night at his basement playing it. Hopefully they will still have some non-preordered copies left that morning. Its much closer than that EB is (he said it's around walking distance).

Komatsu Masato

Smash Cadet
Of course, you 'could' be lucky if you go in tommorow...I know some places on previous releases did not take them down the day of the release. (Which of course screwed up pre-sell counts, and people were dissapointed the following day...) But you never know. I know all of our local ones in the nearby cities pulled them tonight.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Of course, you 'could' be lucky if you go in tommorow...I know some places on previous releases did not take them down the day of the release. (Which of course screwed up pre-sell counts, and people were dissapointed the following day...) But you never know. I know all of our local ones in the nearby cities pulled them tonight.
Well, Im in Chicago so . . .

I will talk to them anyway. I might as well...plain on looking at the tourney seeing as my bud is in it and I want to ask them if they are going to have left overs for Sunday. Might get lucky as you said.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I live in nyc we have like 1000 gamestops lol... but the one closest to me isn't doing it and I don't really care about the tourney anyway I just want the game.

Necrochild313

Smash Apprentice
Mine isn't doing it, mainly because the manager is a prick. He's in his thirties and has a bowl haircut, and makes snide comments about the games you're buying all the while trying to get you to pre-order the games he likes. I wouldn't even shop there if the assistant manager and the associates weren't cool and helpful.

Top Bottom