• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Gamestop has the Brawl demo

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I just called mine and he said they will be getting the demo anytime now. I thought it was surposed to be the full game not a demo.

pesticide

Smash Lord
it's not like it matters that much anyway considering the game comes out in 3 days...

unless u want to play the demo to practice for the GS tourney. hey, wait a sec...

*runs down to his GS to see if they have a demo to practice on*

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
My Gamestop says they'll have it Friday, though people have posted saying theirs said Wednesday. Call yours up.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
The Gamestop where I am at will receive the demo tomorrow, March 6th. Most Gamestops will probably as well.

However, Gamestop is not allowed to even put in the demo until 8:00 PM March 8, 2008, Saturday night. And when they do they're suppose to start filling in the names in the tournament mode not let people "practice."

But don't let that stop you from seeing if they have it out. Some Gamestop ignore the rules, obviously, with people already stating the Gamestop around them are dramatically altering the tournament rules.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody else know if their Gamestop has it, or when they are getting it?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
*facepalm* *Points at edit button*

If my local GAME shop had a Brawl demo and I was going to be playing within a few days anyway, I'm not even sure I'd go. I don't want to stand in a huge crowd of people who aren't likely to be very good anyway, just to wait for like 5 mins of playing. :/

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I want to be able to practice for the Gamestop tournament. The first round is held BEFORE the game comes out.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
My second and third posts where fifty minutes apart.

On topic. The employee at mine said they would be getting the game on Saturday and that they will probably get the demo tomorrow.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
My second and third posts where fifty minutes apart.
It doesn't matter, you still should have used the edit button. I'll let you off this time, but please don't do that again :-P.

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
I guess it will vary. The two I've been to today said that they aren't allowed to put the demo out until the midnight launch. Methinks they were lying in order to avoid creating a huge line just to play the game.

Poel

Smash Cadet
I called four in my area to see about a demo, and three said they weren't allowed to to avoid spoiling the tournament. Said it came from a regional guy, not just themselves or their managers.

But the fourth said yeah they have it. But he's understaffed so probably won't have it set up til this evening. He told me to swing by, but that I need to be prepared to just play a 1/2 hour or so and not beat the whole SSE or anything. I hope he sets it up without talking to any other stores today... I really want to play it.

Tiwaz

Smash Cadet
I talked to my friend Mitch who works at Gamestop, he said that they are going to put up the demo on Friday. I don't really want to wait in line at a store to play a demo, so I'd rather go to my friend's house to play the Japanese version.

I'm not going to be in the tourney anyway, so I don't really care about getting some practice in for it.

Poel

Smash Cadet
So I showed up this evening and they said corporate is preventing them from putting it up til friday. I pushed the employee and he absolutely assured me it would be up at opening.

I'll be there. hopefully get a stretch of time alone w/ it too while the scrubs are schooling.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
My GameCrazy told me that Nintendo is not releasing any sort of demo for Brawl for game stores. You will get the game at launch and that's it. lol.

Ti11erTheKi11er

Smash Apprentice
IDK if mine is but i might be getting a copy today (friday) or tomorrow early in day so i can practice before tourny. Reason being i pre-ordered 2 copys one from Gamestop and one from a little store like gamestop but some weird name that i been buying from since i been in college and always get my games before release (Halo 3, Bioshock, Guitar Hero 3) I HOPE ! he comes threw with smash early 2 :) ! but if not :(

guess i get it at gamestop after tournament or during it

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
They had no demo when I checked Tuesday, although they've had a Melee one out for a while, lol.

I'm gonna see if they have the demos out Saturday when I'm in my GS's area! %D

Top Bottom