• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whooot, think i found somehting useful! or just somehting else other ppl already do

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
I was just playing online on luigis mansion. i jumped to dair ROB and landed on the small short platform as the first hit attacked. I pressed c stick down again and when i hit the platform i dsmashed him pretty quick (both connected like a combo!)

So i jumped to the platform, the dair canceled on the platform and i had no lag and attacked right after. I know there is platform canceling, but this looked diff. I can try to get a vid (the match was too long.)

This worked cuz Rob was below me and got the first hit of the dair that just stuns a little allowing me to attack him again. Downsmash hits below so it worked out pretty nice. sorry if im being confusing, any questions just ask.

Trela

Smash Lord
Lol, yeah, imma little confuzed =D

I want to see a vid, cause im an idiot and get confuzed REALLY FAST, right SSK?

Browny

Smash Hater
dair has no landing lag, since you cant actually land while using it, hence it cannot be cancelled. I actually have footage of this same thing happening in the videos i put up yesterday, i dont remember which match, but only the first hit of the dair connected so i could follow up immediately with an AAA since there was no knockback from the dair unless the 2nd part hits (at least its very low at 0%)

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
yeah thats what i meant dj. I dair level with the platform and was abale to attack right after cuz i was on the ground of the platform

Timbers

check me out
wouldn't this be the same as jump cancelling a dair onto battlefield's platform into dsmash?

I mean, it'd work on Mansion better I suppose due to the lower platforms, buuut.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
yeah except its a lot harder to catch someone with it on a flat stage like that when on Luigis mansion u can use the low platform to make it easier.

Flat stage = much faster timing and u have to be almsot on top of em (but not too close cuz then the 2nd hit will knock em too far)
Low platform = easier to time and u dont have to be as close to them

I know its nothing big, but it caused me to win a match so it has to be of some good use.

Top Bottom