• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHobby Starting Roster Thread

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8730/characterselectscreenny0.jpg

Revealed to us last Sunday at WHobby in Japan, but many don't even realize that its in the WHobby thread, let alone are talking about it.

Many thought that since Dedede(the last character revealed on the dojo besides Olimar) was in the Japanese commercials, that all the characters minus Snake and Sonic would be the starting roster. But to our surprise they only chose a distinct few and left out a few chars people thought to be staples at this point(Pit).

Lets have this discussion bring light on the delay to have us talk about something good during this low.

Let me just list the people on the box art and the japanese trailer commercials to show you the chars that have their spots on the real starting roster almost set in stone:

BOXART
Pit --- Metaknight
PT --- Wario
Kirby --- Samus
Link ---Peach
Mario ---Fox
Pikachu

COMMERCIALS
Yoshi ---Mario
Pikachu ---Bowser
Diddy ---Ice Climbers
Ike ---Zelda
Dedede

Total:18(but DK is kind of implied so 19)
EDIT: editted title to maintain discussion and not have this turn into a "it isn't" thread.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Yeah, there've been three playable demos so far, each of which with a different roster (usually varying by two characters.)

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
Just because the game is completed doesn't mean the demo has the full starting roster.. I have no idea where you got that from.

SP49833

Smash Rookie
Pit still hasn't been in a demo...Has he? And he's on the cover of the game. So...logic would point towards "we haven't seen the full roster yet."

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I believe, everyone in the JPN commercials and everyone in the premiere traiiler (Newcomer Wario!) will be in the starting roster.

Not so sure about Snake though. 3rd Party would be unlocked. The fact he was a bonus in the trailer means he could be a secret character.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Not in this one, which is wierd. Because he is in the boxart it leads me to believe that this isn't the starting roster either, but would they just add Pit to this roster, or would they replace someone to but him in. Most of these people are in the boxart except Dedede(but he's in the commercial).

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I'm still thinking that the Dojo -Snake Sonic is just the starting roster. And I think we will get one more starter (to make it 22 chars). That doesn't include transformations.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
I'm still thinking that the Dojo -Snake Sonic is just the starting roster. And I think we will get one more starter (to make it 22 chars). That doesn't include transformations.
I'm actually thinking 19-20 chars for the true roster would be about right do to whats been revealed thusfar on trailers/art.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Zelda though. I can't see her as an unlockable. Other than that, this could very well be the starting roster, although I think Pit too but that's just my opinion...

Top Bottom