• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whoah. Invisible ceiling glitch?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Me and my friend were playing team battle against 2 level 9 Yoshis. (We had nothing better to do. :ohwell: ) So anyways, near the end of the battle, we have one Yoshi left. So I yo-yo glitch off my friend and equip a thunder jacket. Then the Yoshi comes at me, I sheild, and he gets sent flying by my jacket. He flew at about a 45 degree angle, but just before he went into a magnifying glass above the stage, he seemed to crash into an invisible ceiling, and fell back down. You could tell he crashed because of that green "Splash" you get when you hit something. Has this ever happened to anyone, or does anyone have an explanation of this? BTW, if you don't know anything about the yo-yo glitch, check the FAQon the Ness boards.

REØ

Smash Lord
I never get this stuff, the only time I see this happen frequently is when I sued to play on Venom, when you're in the cave.

homsar

Smash Ace
commonyoshi said:
I think it can happen anywhere. I happened in a match with ken versus PC chris I believe.
It can happen on any stage. I can remeber many times on many different fields. Its unknow why it happens though.

For some reason, its getting worse on my game...

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
ya im pretty sure i can happen with any char any stage with almost any move, (probably not moves with set knockback, i dunno) but it does come up kind of often and pretty frequently with counter attacks. its been around for a while but no one has found anything out about it that i am aware of.

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
anyone have a video of this? i've never had that happen before, maybe a long time ago... but not usually.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
At the last tournament I went to, I hit an invisible wall twice throughout the day...two different matches, both on Pokemon Stadium. It was from any old normal attack too...it was somewhere just above the right platform, and a bit to the right of it I believe. :ohwell:

Eaode

Smash Champion
Has anyone tried to tech off it xD. Virtually impossible cause you never know, but maybe you could keep tapping L and wait for it to happen. That'd look so shweet.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Nope. This happened on FD. I know what would have happened on Venom (Cave), Green Greens(Falling Blocks), Rainbow Cruise(PLatforms above), and all of those other stages.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
One time, me and three friends were having a FFA in FD. One of my friends was sent flying by some attack, then walljumped off of nothing. >_>
We were all confused. o_o

homsar

Smash Ace
[Cowboy] said:
One time, me and three friends were having a FFA in FD. One of my friends was sent flying by some attack, then walljumped off of nothing. >_>
We were all confused. o_o
Wow, he got lucky.

Anyways, I had a mtach were it didnt go away and we couldnt kill upwards. We just kept bouncing away and racked up so much damage.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Roy's counter is the only move that is supposed to do it.

Otherwise, it is a random event, generally correlated to how long your gamecube has been on.

It has nothing to do with a yo-yo glitch, nor does a player experiencing the invisible ceiling show the green "smack" animation when they change directions, so you were mistaken.

SipherothXIII

Smash Apprentice
phanna said:
Roy's counter is the only move that is supposed to do it.

Otherwise, it is a random event, generally correlated to how long your gamecube has been on.

It has nothing to do with a yo-yo glitch, nor does a player experiencing the invisible ceiling show the green "smack" animation when they change directions, so you were mistaken.

i had this happen several times with other characters. Roy's up-smash can cause this too. as well as any other move that can send people up or at a 45 degree angle. They all of the sudden bounce off of nothing and survive my killing blow.

Thomaz

Smash Lord
Heh, a few weeks ago in a tournament, we were doing team friendlies. Man, I've never had so many ceiling glitches. XD

I've even had in Venom, that was fun. Getting Upsmashed at 220% as Fox and surviving and then teching the next Upsmash. =P

throwaway

Smash Rookie
Surprised nobody has posed this yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMeUd9J85Qw

0:59 (seconds in) Isai gets KO'ed with the help of this glitch. Just to mention this was: Cataclysm 3. [Please post in the regional section if there are any Albany NY tournaments because right now I am bored as hell.]

Top Bottom