• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would you Want to Main, but can't due to the Moveset?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I really wanted to like Bowser Jr in a clown car, but the current moveset just feels too clunky and gimmicky for my liking. His moveset doesn't "flow".

Little Mac as well. I wanted a Dudley, I got a character that is strictly a pocket one.

DbC OrX

Smash Rookie
Sonic... Something just feels very awkward about him in Smash 4; It may just be me, but I'm just saying.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:4samus: Is one of my favourite video game characters out there...but her campy playstyle and extreme floatiness makes her a hard character for me to be consistent with...she requires a bit more patience which is something that I lack...at least I have :4zss:
:4falco: was my secondary in melee and Brawl...but his playstyle (once again) requires a bit more patience and he just doesn't click with me anymore...

I still try to practice with them hoping I can get the hang of them but so far, I can't call them my better characters so far...

Last edited:

Kai_64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kai9001
Charizard... I just can't play him well. I want to so bad but he's soooo slow, and it just annoys me that he is slower than lucario in this game but faster in the actual pokemon games....

Burruni

Smash Hero
Not QUITE main but...

:4littlemac:'s BEYOND ABYSMAL recovery

:4palutena:'s default specials possibly the worst combination possible and such laggy moves

:4robinm::4robinf:'s friggin lack of movement.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
:4greninja:He feels too technical to play competitively, I still use him for fun tho
:4metaknight:Toothpick Sword
:4duckhunt:Smash Attacks don't hit and I can't kill b4 100%
:4lucario:Zero Range and Approach Options make me sad

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
:4palutena: Because of her standard special are awful (but with another combination I LOVE her).
:4olimar: I still main him, but I'm not as good as in Brawl due to 3-Pikmin limit and completely different Up-Special.
:4shulk:JUST. TOO. COMPLEX.
:4wiifit:Some of her move aren't simple to use (for me, at least).

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Mooger Meng.
His moveset and his jumps just feels a lil' odd.
He's still a secondary to me.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Megaman. I was really excited to play as him since the day he was announced.
Right when I got the game, I found out I am not good with a projectile heavy characters. Megaman's moveset does him justice, It's just not a moveset I can get comfortable with.

It almost makes me question why I want Ray in the game, someone who would be even more projectile heavy than Megaman...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
[Shrugs] In mine opinion, any character is mainable, given enough practise and determination.

Anyhow, I can use Palutena pretty well, but I stopped maining her due to many bad matchups. Palutena is basically a defense based character with few approach options, and as a result she is very hard to use aggressively without taking significant risk. I am by no means an aggressive player, but frankly, there are times when an offensive approach is needed if you don't want to get mauled.

If I can think of one character at the top of mine head whom is really hard for me to use, its definitely Sheik. Despite largely being considered the best character in the game, she doesn't feel natural to me at all.

[EDIT] Just realised mine comments didn't totally relate to the thread. Besides Robin, I really wanted to main Shulk, but in the end he just wasn't for me. Though, I still use him for fun on occasion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom