• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would you recommend as a pocket for Rosa?

_Jack_

Smash Cadet
I'm a Rosalina main and I've recently been having a lot of trouble with the Cloud matchup. Meta Knight is an issue, too, but Cloud is way more of a thorn in my side lately. The guy just kills Luma for free and has an answer for everything I try to do. I feel like Cloud thinks Rosalina is Sephiroth or something, due to how much he obliterates her. I have a Shulk, too, but Cloud and Meta Knight are just as difficult, if not more difficult, matchups for him due to the fact that his poor frame data makes him easy combo food for these two. I've recently made the decision to start looking for a pocket character to cover these bad MUs since they're the only ones that really cause me trouble. I was considering Corrin, since I tend to like characters with disjointed hitboxes and a focus on spacing and I enjoy playing her. But, who would you recommend as a pocket to cover the Cloud and Meta Knight MUs? Any information at all would be helpful! Thanks!

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I heard that Bayonetta does well against both Cloud and Meta Knight and she's not too difficult to pick up. Although I'm not sure why she allegedly has good matchups against those two...

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Shulk beats Cloud. Go get some advice from the Shulk boards.

Also Cloud is the best secondary.

MadSlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MadSlayz
3DS FC
1349-8227-6136
Ive done some research, Ive looked at Rosas Bad MU and found the Bad MU's for those characters.
Obviously Sheik and Bayo are the go to choice, if you dont want to do that, Diddy is a solid choice
Other good choices are Cloud, Ness, & Pikachu

Last edited:

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
I'm a Rosalina main and I've recently been having a lot of trouble with the Cloud matchup. Meta Knight is an issue, too, but Cloud is way more of a thorn in my side lately. The guy just kills Luma for free and has an answer for everything I try to do. I feel like Cloud thinks Rosalina is Sephiroth or something, due to how much he obliterates her. I have a Shulk, too, but Cloud and Meta Knight are just as difficult, if not more difficult, matchups for him due to the fact that his poor frame data makes him easy combo food for these two. I've recently made the decision to start looking for a pocket character to cover these bad MUs since they're the only ones that really cause me trouble. I was considering Corrin, since I tend to like characters with disjointed hitboxes and a focus on spacing and I enjoy playing her. But, who would you recommend as a pocket to cover the Cloud and Meta Knight MUs? Any information at all would be helpful! Thanks!
Corrin is actually pretty decent, he/she may lose to cloud, but Corrin fairs much better against cloud compared to Rosalina. Plus, he can wall out meta knight pretty well, hes also heavier and smaller than Rosa, so mk can't kill Corrin that easily with uair strings.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Probably Bayo. If not Bayo, Cloud and Mario are also easy to pick up and do well against Rosa's bad MUs.

While he's not ideal by any means, Wario is actually quite similar to Rosa in terms of his defensive, passive & reactionary playstyle which might make him natural to pick up for Rosa mains. Problem is he really doesn't beat Rosa's bad MUs but he probably does a bit better against Meta Knight than Rosa does atleast.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
From my experience, Mario is compliments Rosalina very well. Between the two of them, there's hardly a matchup you can't handle.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Corrin is actually pretty decent, he/she may lose to cloud, but Corrin fairs much better against cloud compared to Rosalina. Plus, he can wall out meta knight pretty well, hes also heavier and smaller than Rosa, so mk can't kill Corrin that easily with uair strings.
Corrin is a great pocket to Rose, actually, from my own experience.

Top Bottom