• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who would be a good partner for pit

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
i seen this in another thread and it looks intresting so ill do it here.
in team battle who is the "perfect" team mate for pit? im thinking someone with good kills but hard time racking damage pit= lots damage no kill so his team mate shud be no damage lot kill what u guys think

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Bowser would fit right in the "kill" category, so does Dedede.
I prefer Bowser since I love him and he's the "Tank" character in the game, and I love tanks.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Best bet would probably be Dedede, since his good chain tech chase would get them to the edge and his hammers would do the rest

Jahordon

Smash Journeyman
I haven't teamed with a Dedede yet, but I find that working with Ike yields rather prosperous matches. Ike is able to get up close and land his anti-tipper smashes and bairs easily when Pit's all over the place making his opponents vulnerable.

It sounds really stupid, but it's hilarious and works surprisingly okay to do Pit's over-B on somebody and they're stunned just long enough for Ike to land a fsmash.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
I haven't teamed with a Dedede yet, but I find that working with Ike yields rather prosperous matches. Ike is able to get up close and land his anti-tipper smashes and bairs easily when Pit's all over the place making his opponents vulnerable.

It sounds really stupid, but it's hilarious and works surprisingly okay to do Pit's over-B on somebody and they're stunned just long enough for Ike to land a fsmash.
sound like a good idea i was thinking ike or bowser

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I've had really good luck with Ike. Ike is a beast in teams.
Zelda has a lot of surprising KO moves. Her fire plus arrows is extremely annoying.
Wario can hit hard and doesn't need protecting. He's got the stuff to take on teams, but range hurts him a little, but he's less likely to hit you.

Dedede does not do nearly as well in teams. He can't pressure as easily, chain grab is not happening, Waddle Dees aren't as annoying.
No opinion on Bowser yet.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
BPS has a good point. I was leaning towards Dedede for this, and I still sorta am. But now I'm in favor of Ike.

However, perhaps covering Pit's weaknesses isn't always the best answer. What about something that compliments his strengths? Such as a Metaknight? Sure the kills won't come at low percents, but I think it might lead into better team strategies as appose to just fighting randomly.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
BPS has a good point. I was leaning towards Dedede for this, and I still sorta am. But now I'm in favor of Ike.

However, perhaps covering Pit's weaknesses isn't always the best answer. What about something that compliments his strengths? Such as a Metaknight? Sure the kills won't come at low percents, but I think it might lead into better team strategies as appose to just fighting randomly.
posibly im wrong that his teammate shud be someone with amzing kill moves casuase if he has a team mate who can rack up damage it wont be an issue casue they can get them to high percents so fast. like meta knight or olimar

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace

Metaknight doesn't complement his strengths, he repeats them. That would support fighting randomly much more than Pit's pressuring control into Ike/Wario/Zelda's kill moves. You can pseudo-WoP someone into an F-smash or pluck an arrow into someone so they're stunned just enough to KO. The reason to want control is to KO, you can't just focus on control.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So it's settled! Pit's best partners are Ike and Bowser.
Sometimes I wonder if Donkey Kong could be a good partner too since he's strong and has many Meteor smashes.

ZDAN

Smash Cadet
I would think that Ike would be a good teammate...
Pit would do a great job racking up damage, and being distracting, while Ike only pulled high power moves.

WKx7x

Smash Cadet
I'm going to use Pit and my friend is going to use MK. We basically plan on using our superior aerial game to beat our opponents, and be a huge annoyance at the same time :chuckle:. But really, I think any character with good aerial game or great finishing moves is gonna be a good partner for Pit.

DARKMIKE

Smash Apprentice
i would think falco, shl, added with pits arrows would be hard to beat, especialy if the opponent dosent have a reflect move, add fd to equation for more of an advantage...

Goombaguy

Smash Rookie
A character with poor recovery could benefit from Pit as a teammate. Since the arrows don't have particularly great knockback, they can be used to reset a partner's second jump. Also, Pit doesn't have to worry about getting toadstool-hopped to death because of his recovery, so if his partner is good at toadstool hopping, well, you get the idea.

Lucas might be a decent character as well, because his Smashes come out rediculously fast.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
Dedede
Bowser
DK
Ike

It's wierd, the same people that would be a good pair with Sonic is the same as Pit, but they play nothing alike. I guess mostly because they both have tricky kill moves (As in, very few that don't suck).

Top Bottom