• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who WON'T make the cut?

enigmaglue

Smash Cadet
My friends and I wonder which characters wil and will not make it into Brawl. For the most part, our favorite charactters have made it, but we are thinking that G & W, MewTwo, Ness, and Peach, will be cut at least. What is everyone's opinion on this?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You think Peach is gonna get cut?

. . . Really?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Um... what? Those characters all have UNIQUE movesets...

Plus... Peach was shown in the video and pictures on last Friday's update! Although it's not 100% confirmed, you can say there's a great chance.

The characters that shouldn't return?

Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, and Young Link.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I think G&W could make the cut, simply because he'd be incredibly easy to put in. I mean, what are they going to do to him? Improve him some graphixorz?? That's a copypasta *right there*.

Mistle

Smash Apprentice
The only person I agree with is G&W. Peach is practically confirmed, and Ness has been with the series from the start. I don't think they'll cut him.

On the other hand, Andrew14j has the right idea on who'll be cut. It's a shame, as Doc is my main :/

Shuma

Smash Hero
I don't think Mewtwo would go, Sak whant's more villains, why remove one?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Cut completely:

Pichu

Alternate costume:

Dr.Mario

Assist Throphy cameo:

Roy, Sheik & Mr. Game & Watch

Luigi-and celshady-fied:

Young Link

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
My friends and I wonder which characters wil and will not make it into Brawl. For the most part, our favorite charactters have made it, but we are thinking that G & W, MewTwo, Ness, and Peach, will be cut at least. What is everyone's opinion on this?
Peach is in. You can bet your lucky left shoe on that.

SiD

Smash Master
There's no reason whatsoever to remove anyone except for the clones, including Falco for all you naysayers.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
While I'm of the belief that most of the characters from Melee will return for Brawl, I do believe that Roy, Dr. Mario and Pichu have had it, and possibly Young Link and Shiek as well. I can def. see Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Falco, Mewtwo, Luigi, Jigglypuff and the Ice Climbers returning though. Ness should be in there, but Sakurai might, just might, replace him with Lucas. I can't see that happen myself, but there's a slight possibility it might happen...

Viroxor

Smash Ace
There's no reason whatsoever to remove anyone except for the clones, including Falco for all you naysayers.
I found your new home.

Just before the river Styx is the Fourth Level of Hell. Here, the prodigal and the avaricious suffer their punishment, as they roll weights back and forth against one another. You will share eternal ****ation with others who either wasted and lived greedily and insatiably, or who stockpiled their fortunes, hoarding everything and sharing nothing. Plutus, the wolf-like demon of wealth, dwells here.
Have fun.

D

Deleted member

Pichu and Doctor Mario must go. I can't see anyone wanting back what was essential a spare mario costume, and a rat that relied on items for survival.

Roy should at least return as an AT, maybe downloadable later.

Peach, G&W, Ganon, Mewtwo and YL must stay, and Sheik is pretty much confirmed.

metallic shadow

Smash Apprentice
mewtwo cant be cut.

(in smash)hes not a clone
and deoxys will be in pokeballs.

mewtwo is definetly gonna return.

with a little more weight and a better
---> move he could make it to top tier.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
In response to the actual topic ('Who WON'T make the cut?'):

We have NO IDEA. For all we know, everybody's returning. Sakurai never said there will be cuts. He said that, if Miyamoto were making the game, everybody would return and more characters would be added. Sakurai begged to differ.

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
Pichu and Doctor Mario must go. I can't see anyone wanting back what was essential a spare mario costume, and a rat that relied on items for survival.

Roy should at least return as an AT, maybe downloadable later.

Peach, G&W, Ganon, Mewtwo and YL must stay, and Sheik is pretty much confirmed.
They MUST go? What's wrong with more characters? Doc's higher on the tier list than Mario and I know a lot more people that play Doc than Mario. And Pichu just needs to be reworked. Taking characters out of the next game is like taking rumble out of a next-gen system.:chuckle:

Wreked

Smash Lord
Are you serious Baamage? Doc could be in the game easily, as a costume change. That's all he is. Pichu is just worthless. Put him in a pokeball.

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
hm I could see him as a pokeball, but hed kind of suck in there too.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Dr.Mario becomes an Alt.costume,Roy(probably) becomes an AT,the only way Young Link is in only if he is cell-shaded,and Mr.G and W and the Ice Climbers are on the fence. Peach is going to be in SSBB. period. Sheik will (hopefully)only be Zelda's final smash.

NukeA6

Smash Master
You think some original characters will be cut and not the clones?

Game and Watch could be cut, though I hope not.

Mewtwo has a chance but can stay.

Ness could be replaced by Lucas but that's a maybe.

Peach is pretty much confirmed. Just check the update on Adventure mode. You can see her with Zelda, Kirby, and Mario.

My opinion on who will be cut?

Dr. Mario and Pichu for sure. Roy and Young Link will sure follow.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
In response to the actual topic ('Who WON'T make the cut?'):

We have NO IDEA. For all we know, everybody's returning. Sakurai never said there will be cuts. He said that, if Miyamoto were making the game, everybody would return and more characters would be added. Sakurai begged to differ.
Actually, Sakurai himself said that not all characters would be returning, definitely.,

Gaudion

Smash Apprentice
Marth is questionable now that Ike is in, but from the descriptions on the official website i somehow get the impression that Ike will be a slower character, so the speedy Marth may yet make it back. Roy, definitely not. I couldn't even believe he was in the last game.

Pichu needs to go. He was designed to be the worst character in the game. He was the worst character in the game. He's pointless.

Falco, I am sorry to say, either needs a new movelist or he needs to go.

Dr. Mario woud make a good costume swap, but otherwise is just a wasted character slot.

In summation... No clones. Characters that were in Melee either need a new movelist to differentiate themselves from the character they were cloned after (moreso than they already did; don't get me started on this), or they need to be cut.

Alphanova

Smash Cadet
Pichu's gone, and Young Link is gone, and perhaps Jigglypuff, that much im sure, everything else is questionable to me.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I don't want to see Sheik cut, I just want her to be a completely different character. Seeing as how no one utilizes the fact Zelda is two characters in one.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
- Peach was confirmed last week

- Doc will be gone or at least as an alternate character and not a half-***** clone

- Roy will either be gone or as an AT. Same goes for Marth.

- Ganon is going to return because he's the man. 'Nuff said.

- Shiek I have no idea about because an update on any of Zelda's special moves have not been shown yet

- Falco will most likely return, with some variations to his Melee moveset to make him less of a Fox clone.

- G&W could come back; nothing is pointing at him not returning

- ICs could come back, but Pit looks to be the default retro character this time. If the ICs don't make it into Brawl I sure as hell won't miss them.

- Ness will unfortunately return since Smash Bros. are the only games he will ever appear in any more

- Mewtwo should return because he possibly the most unique character in Melee. Plus, we need a Poke'mon who doesn't look like a plush toy.

- Pichu and Young Link will be cut because they both desperately need to GTFO

Hong

The Strongest
- Peach was confirmed last week

- Doc will be gone or at least as an alternate character and not a half-***** clone

- Roy will either be gone or as an AT. Same goes for Marth.

- Ganon is going to return because he's the man. 'Nuff said.

- Shiek I have no idea about because an update on any of Zelda's special moves have not been shown yet

- Falco will most likely return, with some variations to his Melee moveset to make him less of a Fox clone.

- G&W could come back; nothing is pointing at him not returning

- ICs could come back, but Pit looks to be the default retro character this time. If the ICs don't make it into Brawl I sure as hell won't miss them.

- Ness will unfortunately return since Smash Bros. are the only games he will ever appear in any more

- Mewtwo should return because he possibly the most unique character in Melee. Plus, we need a Poke'mon who doesn't look like a plush toy.

- Pichu and Young Link will be cut because they both desperately need to GTFO
I generally agree with this list except the tone and negativity towards certain characters. :p

If Young Link is to return, he'll be the WindWaker Link with a completely new moveset. If not, he won't be in at all. I personally don't care too much.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Meh...

"Ike confirms Marth won't be in the game." Doesn't seem too logical to me. Perhaps it's true, but we can't say it's for sure.

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see NO ONE cut, but instead, characters added to the game.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Actually, neither of them are.

And you smell funny.
Right.

Originally Posted by Eiji Aonuma
I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.
And you smell worse.

Hong

The Strongest
Meh...

"Ike confirms Marth won't be in the game." Doesn't seem too logical to me. Perhaps it's true, but we can't say it's for sure.
It is unfair to say Marth is out. Ike just simply reduced his chances because while they can have him play very differently, they can just view it as "another blue haired Lord swordsman from Fire Emblem." because to a casual smasher, it's just that.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd like to see NO ONE cut, but instead, characters added to the game.
Unfortunately that's not how things will be. Sakurai already said some will be taken out.

Right.

And you smell worse.
That interview doesn't confirm they're in... It confirms that there's a possibility. Just because the models have been made doesn't mean they will be playable. Sorry to be depressing.

I seriously doubt Ganondorf will be cut, though. He's too important to the Zelda series, it'd be a bad move to remove him.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
That interview doesn't confirm they're in... It confirms that there's a possibility. Just because the models have been made doesn't mean they will be playable. Sorry to be depressing.

I seriously doubt Ganondorf will be cut, though. He's too important to the Zelda series, it'd be a bad move to remove him.
They'll be in. If you think 2 of the most popular characters from the previous title wont be in playable, then you're delusional.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Here's my list:

Dr. Mario-Costume.

Pichu-Kicked out the door and thrown to a pack of wild coyotes.

Roy-Gone or AT'd.

Marth-In.

Falco-In with new moveset.

Sheik-As much as noobs like all my friends abused her, she's AT bait.

Ganon-What's wrong with you people, of course he's in!...With a new moveset, of course.

Jigglypuff-One of the 12, he/she/it is in.

Ness-Has been on a two month trip around the world, hunting down and murdering Lucas and his family.

Luigi-New Moveset, still in.

Captain Falcon-He's in, though I'm not too crazy about it myself.

Ice Climbers-They were original and retro, so I hope that they're in.

G&W-He's the star of the very first Nintendo system, however sucky he may be, he's in.

Mewtwo-He's in, since Deoxys didn't finish him off.

Young Link-He's Cel-shaded, and given a new-ish moveset, still in.

Top Bottom