• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will be the most unpopular character AND newcomer?

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
Ness DID come out in the Americas. He was in Earthbound for the SNES.
As for Lucas, being Japanese-exclusive hasn't stopped Marth, has it?

Most unpopular veteran will probably be DK/Yoshi/Jigglypuff/Ice Climbers. Poor Jigglypuff gets all the hate. :(

Most unpopular newcomer? The one I've seen the most complaining about is R.O.B...
Hmm, I haven't been doing my homework :ohwell:

Machete

Smash Ace
The least popular veteran... probably Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Jigglypuff or the Ice Climbers. The first two aren't as impressive as the other fighters, Jigglypuff is a "cute pokémon", so all the extremely-manly SmashBros players hate her because Pokémon is for little kids. Also, since very few people can main them properly, and they're cute, I don't expect anything better for the Ice Climbers.

Newcomers...
Sadly, I think is between Wario and Lucas.
Meta Knight is badass, has a cool voice, bat wings, extremely fast attacks and a Star Destroyer-like ship. Pit has an anime-appearance, two swords and a light bow. Zero Suit Samus has big boobs. Snake is manly and has C4, grenades, mines and rocket launchers. Ike has a really big sword, a fire attack and is strong. Pokémon Trainer has Charizard, extremely unique, has Charizard, hasn't any crappy new pokémon, has Charizard and says "It's super effective". Diddy Kong is a monkey with guns. Sonic is Sonic. Dedede is a giant penguin with a hammer. Olimar is an astronaut who throws suicide minions. Lucario has a lot of stupid fanboys,and has a Kamehameha and Kung-Fu moves. Wolf howls, is badass and has claws. R.O.B. has a laser and is very powerful.

Wario... yeah, he's popular. But, like Yoshi or Donkey Kong, he's not as impressive as the other characters.
Lucas is Japan-only and like Ness, but without a Yo-yo (however, the Elvis-like hair helps him).

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
I think wario will become quite unpopular, theres no real hype about him. As for veterians i think jig or kirby would be unpopular.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think its gonna be agreed that Jiggly is gonna be the most unpopular character, but newvomer? Pokemon Trainer, his gimmick will wear off
Jiggs will be the least popular vet, or the ICs.. but PT? No. He'll be popular always. People love Squirtle.. I duno why you think he wont last..

Least popular Newcomer will be Lucas, Im sure of it.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
HAHAH OH WOW.

i was just saying that i think PK trainer is a gimmick, like if you get good with squirtle, you can't play as him very much, because they force you to switch. that will piss off alot of people.
You do realize, that PT requires a higher level of skill and understanding of multiple play-styles to truly master the character. By that I mean, you must be able to use a quick, weak character, a balance character, and a jacked character with little speed.

It's okay, we all understand , that you DON'T understand.

entrapment

Smash Apprentice
Well.... even though everybody is downing pokemon...I doubt most people even care if they are in or not but for overall play ablity.

vet: Jiggypuff by far has the least amount of K.O. ablity and being the lightest thing by , also the slowest is really going to cut its playing usage. Oh...and they pretty much killed why people liked her.

newcomer: R.O.B ... I know he going to have one of the best balanced games but its the fact he as a gimick for the nes and not a real game thats going to cause alot of people to just not want to play him.

timidshadow

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff is probably the most unpopular veteran, as for newcommer, I'd say ROB <- but that's just MY personal opinnion.

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
You do realize, that PT requires a higher level of skill and understanding of multiple play-styles to truly master the character. By that I mean, you must be able to use a quick, weak character, a balance character, and a jacked character with little speed.

It's okay, we all understand , that you DON'T understand.
:laugh: Obviously not, really, did anyone (talking about Tourny peoole) play as zelda, or shiek? or for that matter casuals also. trust me, ATLEAST ONE of those Pokemon will suck so unbelievably bad.

Jiggy.

Smash Rookie
Most people I know never use DK, but that's just me, but I think that may continue into brawl.

As for newcomers, toon link because most people will just see him as a kind of clone and would rather use more un-cloneish characters.

Jiggy.

Smash Rookie

Most people I know never use DK, but that's just me, but I think that may continue into brawl.

As for newcomers, toon link because most people will just see him as a kind of clone and would rather use more un-cloneish characters.

ElementSun

Smash Cadet
wow there's absolutely no way I can reply to this thread without getting flamed...

umm... uhh.... *starts to sweat*

Toon Link? (hides)

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
wow there's absolutely no way I can reply to this thread without getting flamed...

umm... uhh.... *starts to sweat*

Toon Link? (hides)
While people don't like him, there are many little fanboys who will use him.

I myself, and staying true to my OoT\TP Link =)

Django_EXE

Smash Apprentice
Take route 666 west, then drive 13 miles past meph
I think the most unpopular newcome is going to be pit, because he was talked about early, but recently It seems people have forgotten him. Also Olimar, because he seems like a problem to master, with no good attacks without pikmin, which could hurt his popularity. Veteran I would say DK, because other characters have taken his heavyweight-power spot, and he wasn't used much in melee to my knowledge, except sometimes by noobs to unlock falco or that 64 stage in Multi man, by abusing his vB.

TraverseTown

Smash Cadet
Vet: (1) Yoshi (2) DK (3)Pikachu
Newcomer: (1)ROB (2)Lucas (3)...Diddy? (for younger players at leas)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think the most unpopular newcome is going to be pit, because he was talked about early, but recently It seems people have forgotten him. Also Olimar, because he seems like a problem to master, with no good attacks without pikmin, which could hurt his popularity. Veteran I would say DK, because other characters have taken his heavyweight-power spot, and he wasn't used much in melee to my knowledge, except sometimes by noobs to unlock falco or that 64 stage in Multi man, by abusing his vB.
You dont honestly believe Olimar has no good attacks without Pikmin do you? I watched someone beat all-star without continuing on Normal using nothing but Olimar-only attacks..

And using Pikmin is not hard... they take half a second to get 6 of... I dont know where you get your logic... and he'll be loved by many, and is..

He's viable for top-tier quite honestly.

your logic, she doth fail.

sman32

Smash Rookie
I think the unpopular vet might be Ice climbers for the new comer I'm thinking ROB

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Veteran - It's gotta be a three-way tie between DK, Bowser, and Jigglypuff

Newcomer - This one is really tough to call. It seems to me like all the newcomers are going to end up being used a lot. Though I'm going to guess either Dedede or ROB.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Wow.

Really surprised that nobody has mentioned Mr. Game & Watch for least popular character.

Did everyone forget about him, or does he have a cult following like Pichu and Jigglypuff?

products

Smash Rookie
Wow.

Really surprised that nobody has mentioned Mr. Game & Watch for least popular character.

Did everyone forget about him, or does he have a cult following like Pichu and Jigglypuff?
I've seen alot of videos with Game and Watch, so I'm guessing people love him.

CO18

Smash Hero
How about we all look at the "Who are you gonna main?" thread thats stickied.

And you would see that as of now, the least popular veteran is DONKEY KONG and the least populer newcome is WARIO.

And im pretty sure it will probably stay that way.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
um excuse me, but why will jiggly be the least popular...JIGGLY IS A BEAST:jigglypuf

Zek

Smash Ace
Least popular vet is DK. Just look at the poll. Yoshi is a popular character in all the sports games he's in, less so in Smash because his playstyle is pretty weird but he definitely won't be at the bottom now that he's been buffed.

As for newcomers, I'll say ZSS.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Someone needs to get me excited about Pit. He should be popular, but I'm not excited about him for some reason.

As for unpopular vets, DK. Not sure if it's just me or in general, but no one seems to ever *really* use him. (And they mess up his Final Smash!)

Also, if Pokemon Trainer were *really* gimmicky, they wouldn't have included him. But from what I've seen he's pretty solid!

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
I am happy to say that i love the fact that Lucas will be not so popular, i am a lucas user too.
I am also happy to say that i think that Yoshi will be the least popular veteran.
Lucas doesn't need popularity, i don't like popular characters because it just doesn't seem so 'fresh' to me. I like staying away from fads :p (Can characters count as fads :p)

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Wario will be the least popular...not because nobody likes him, but because so many people HATE him.

Top Bottom