• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will be the most unpopular character AND newcomer?

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I think its gonna be agreed that Jiggly is gonna be the most unpopular character, but newvomer? Pokemon Trainer, his gimmick will wear off
-.- I don't think so.

Least popular will be Jiggs, imo, for veteran.

Least popular newcomer will be . . . I think Lucas, 'cause I hear ROB was "the thing" at GDC.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Are around 13 or 14 years old where for some inexplicable reason Pokemon becomes uncool for a couple of years? You sound like you're at that age.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
ZSS should be the most unpopular newcomer, seeing as no one requested them. 'Puff is probably the most unpopular veteran, in America at least.

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
Are around 13 or 14 years old where for some inexplicable reason Pokemon becomes uncool for a couple of years? You sound like you're at that age.
HAHAH OH WOW.

i was just saying that i think PK trainer is a gimmick, like if you get good with squirtle, you can't play as him very much, because they force you to switch. that will piss off alot of people.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
ZSS should be the most unpopular newcomer, seeing as no one requested them. 'Puff is probably the most unpopular veteran, in America at least.
Doubtful. She's got sex appeal for all of the horny adolescent boys with hormones raging, plus she looks like Sheik with a whip. Very combo friendly.

Unpopular overall, either Jiggs or Yoshi. Possibly even Mario, I mean, how many people use him? I get questioned as to why I use him in Melee every time I pick him. Now that I think of it, the king of videogames doesn't get much love...

Newcomer... I'll say Wario or Lucas, just because Lucas is a "clone"- though I don't like using the term with him- of an already difficult character to use casually, then Wario just seems... weird lol I wanted him, but he doesn't seem to attract the same attention that all the other newcomers do.

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
Are you around 13 or 14 years old where some inexplicable reason making fun of peoples age for no reason becomes cool for a couple years? You sound like you're around that age.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Least Popular Returning: Yoshi - one of the least popular characters in Melee has received little to no changes in Brawl
Least Popular Newcomer: ROB or Wario - ROB because most of the people around my age or younger never were around for the NES launch were ROB played arguably as large a role as Mario in the NES' success. As a result, we are not as nostalgic for him as we should be. Wario because honestly, so far I don't know anyone who likes him.

Are you around 13 or 14 years old where some inexplicable reason making fun of peoples age for no reason becomes cool for a couple years? You sound like you're around that age.
Nope. Then I couldn't make fun of 13 or 14 year olds. I'm around 19 or 20 years of age where for some inexplicable reason making fun of people's ages for some reason becomes cool. I sound like I'm around that age.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
HAHAH OH WOW.

i was just saying that i think PK trainer is a gimmick, like if you get good with squirtle, you can't play as him very much, because they force you to switch. that will piss off alot of people.
That's all part of what makes PT a valuable character, not a gimmick. Learning to master all three pokemon will give PT a huge advantage, since it's technically 3 characters in one: the light, fast one, the medium longer range one with those whips and razor leaf, and the big Charizard that can also glide. You now have 3 different types of fighting styles to offset whatever character you're fighting. It's not a matter of not being able to main him because you have to get used to more than one character- that's an advantage, not a disadvantage. Well, in my mind anyway. I'm looking forward to using him.

I don't know why people find this difficult. I mained Sheik before, but I'd constantly switch to Zelda just long enough to change things up, since she plays so dramatically differently. It worked like a charm against most, even though I didn't "master" Zelda. It was a good gimmick.

xc_hawk

Smash Rookie
haha, I remember those years

Anyways, jiggs and wario look like they'll receive the least love in brawl imo. Yoshi will always be down there, but I think enough people will remain loyal to him, he's got some sort of a cult following.
edit: see above post for point.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Most unpopular will proboly be DK, not many people i know of mained him in melee plus hes loosing alot of fans becasue of all these newcomers

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
Its easier not to guess for others...

for me, I say Ness (PK thunder sucks) and Snake (I never really wanted him in)

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Lucas and... maybe just Lucas, 'cos he sucks and looks like someone I know. He'll be my training dummy

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
Unpopular character... probable Ness, since he didn't come out in the Americas.
Newcomer, I'd say Lucas, for the same reason

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
Nope. Then I couldn't make fun of 13 or 14 year olds. I'm around 19 or 20 years of age where for some inexplicable reason making fun of people's ages for some reason becomes cool. I sound like I'm around that age.
No you dont

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
veteran? mario. sometimes i even forget he's in the game. seriously, almost nobody uses him. at least jiggs has that whole "YEAH LET'S SPAM REST!!!" thing going for her. i'm not saying jiggs users are rest-spammers or that mario sucks, it's just that "noobs" tend to think this way...

(by the way, i HATE the word "noob". is there a less stupid way to say "noob"? :p)

newcomer? wario. in all of the brawl videos i've seen for the approximately 9 different possible mains i'm looking into, i have NEVER seen a video against wario. lucas has that whole "i can KO you with almost every single move i have, plus it's a lot harder for you to break my pk thunder" thing going for him.

SD3

Smash Rookie
Unpopular character... probable Ness, since he didn't come out in the Americas.
Newcomer, I'd say Lucas, for the same reason
Ness DID come out in the Americas. He was in Earthbound for the SNES.
As for Lucas, being Japanese-exclusive hasn't stopped Marth, has it?

Most unpopular veteran will probably be DK/Yoshi/Jigglypuff/Ice Climbers. Poor Jigglypuff gets all the hate. :(

Most unpopular newcomer? The one I've seen the most complaining about is R.O.B...

T-major

Smash Champion
for me, I say Ness (PK thunder sucks) and Snake (I never really wanted him in)
you know, just because YOU didn't want him in, doesn't mean other people don't like him. Snake isn't going to be unpopular. he probably won't be super popular either, though; somewhere in the high-middle part, I'm guessing.

now, I agree that Jigglypuff will be the most unpopular veteran; but as for Newcomer... I'll say Wario. even though I think he's awesome, not many people like his goofy style. ROB isn't popular NOW, but I have a felling people will eventually get over it, and realize how awesome he is.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, ZSS SHOULD be the least popular newcomer. Lucas will probably be the least popular newcomer. Oh, and for veteran, I change my vote to Ice Climbers. I forgot they existed.

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
I'm sad to say my Jigglypuff may once again be one of the least popular, but DK and Yoshi are likely possibilities too.

Fr3nchD3vilDawg

Smash Rookie
lol noobs hating on Jiggs =p!
veteran - believe it or not i think it will be Ganondorf. They didn't improve much on his clone problem and imo i have yet 2 see a good Ganon vid.
Newcomer- er.... idk maybe.. wario... i nvr liked his fat arse nyways =p

dipic7

Smash Rookie
Veteran = DK and Yoshi
Newcomer = Well, I'm not sure. I just know that people who are saying R.O.B. are seriously going to be proven wrong. I mean, I grew up with NES but I have never liked R.O.B. When I saw that he was in the roster I though... wow, ****ty. I just really didn't care for him a bit as a character. Yet from the videos I've seen and people's impressions who have played as him I would definitely say there will be a good amount of people who will use him. He looks like a really good fighter.

But then again, define what you mean by popular. Popular as in which characters people will like based on the character themselves and how they look? Popular as in which characters will get played the most/least? No one asked for R.O.B. and a lot of people don't care for his character but I still have a feeling he'll be played a lot by many.

And to the people who are saying that PT is just a gimmick and will have no lasting value beyond that, give me a break.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I was thinking the least popular veteran would be Donkey Kong..

Though the least popular newcomer is.. R.O.B?

-Onyx

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
Veteran: DK. I can't think of a single person who plays as him. At all. At least Jigglypuff has a cult following.

Newcomer: Despite being one of my favorites, probably Wario. People can't really see past the toilet humor or the fact that he isn't very... Wario World-ish.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i think least popular newcomer will be R.O.B. or lucas
and least popular veteran is game and watch, thats just me

Top Bottom