• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Khanjali

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4441-8711-2170
On 3DS:

To a @Hier who played almost exclusively Roy:
You were fine until you started taunting. That was completely unnecessary and ruined the matches that I really should not have stuck around for. No one should entertain even one game with this guy.

Last edited:

A_Kae

Smash Ace
I just finished a series of matches with someone with the tag 'Salem', and 'Imposter'. He or she used Shulk and Diddy, I used Ryu, Link, and Marth.

Definitely better than me. I won 1 game of however many it was. (about 15?) If possible, I'd like to rematch him or her sometime. My only victory was probably because s/he messed up going underneath a stage, but I think I could win more legitimately with some improvement.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Damn, 99.9999% of all good players I face aren't on here. Shoutouts to Zythas, best Link I've fought. Played the Ganon MU like a champ and kept me honest. Always feel like a fraud when people don't tech my chokes or just fall for loads of shenaniganons.

Last edited:

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
I just finished a series of matches with someone with the tag 'Salem', and 'Imposter'. He or she used Shulk and Diddy, I used Ryu, Link, and Marth.

Definitely better than me. I won 1 game of however many it was. (about 15?) If possible, I'd like to rematch him or her sometime. My only victory was probably because s/he messed up going underneath a stage, but I think I could win more legitimately with some improvement.
I just got done playing someone by the name of "Salem" and "Imposter". He played Samus then Diddy Kong. Funny how I just happened to notice this post.

Last edited:

TerrorMike

Smash Rookie
I have played professionally for years and my main Fox has not lost matches let alone been matched in skill. This guy seems pretty consistent and I have faced him in both 1on 1 and for glory. He goes by X but his username is Hirashi. From what I have seen he mains Link and also uses Dark Pit. This guy destroyed me. His Link(Shadow Link) caught me in several one on ones with Dair and his timing and ability to be unpredictable and it caught me off guard completely. In team matches I got to play with him and we won every time. He seemed to know exactly what to do to win and chained our attacks together perfectly against high level competition. In one particular match against him he finish with 0% damage. Against him I'm team matches I could barely touch him let alone knock him out. His partner seemed to always be in the way because he moved always. Best player I have come across so far on the Wii u version. Wish I could have contacted him to see which pro he is. Definitely want him for the upcoming tournaments.

K1dNova

Smash Apprentice
Alright. Whoever this man Javien the Falco player is on for glory, you are dang good.
I was MadPenguin. (my brother's tag since it's his 3ds) I am fairly sure you are on here somewhere since your tech skill was on point . PP'ing way better than me and that takes knowledge and lots of practice. There was no way my Robin could handle that so i had to switch to Fox to even come close. (though robin is my main) Anyways, ggs and i hope to fight you again, you sure tought me some things.

If anyone sees me though, like i said, i will be MadPenguin or if I'm not too lazy to change the tag ill either be K1D, N0va, or K1dNova.

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
Just as I write a name down to shout out they end up changing their name into somthing that insults me.
Oh well, here is a few:

King - very good Falcon, I literally didn't touch you until our third match (thanks for staying) then suddenly you fell for every trick in the book! Shame you left after though :(

Butsnif - I burst out laughing, didn't help as you played as Wario. You used the bike in ways I never thought possible! Also that weird suicide combo with my Dedede jump and your Wario fart is somthing quite unexplainabley awesome! It was like I metered you as you unleashed his fully charged fart and we both flew in opposite directions, a sight to behold.

Steven - ok, I know you are clearly new to the game, but our matches lasted into the double digits and I want to praise you for how fast you leaned to punish and attack! Roy probably isn't the best character to use againts a Dedede but you certainly made me work!

mememanchan

Smash Rookie
I just made a profile just now for the sole purpose of giving this shoutout:

to @ BlazedMike95 BlazedMike95 , I was the Fox/Pikachu with tag "PEPE" that you just completely bodied. I'm super impressed at how you just lined up all of your attacks with Pac-man with all the projectiles and stuff. You did this with Lemmy too. There was just nothing I could do but watch poor Pikachu die. You ran through like half the roster, and I don't even remember taking a single stock off of any of those matches. You're one of the people that are so good I actually enjoy just getting owned because it marvels me how huge of a skill gap there can be between me and those who know what they're doing.

I was so compelled, I decided to google you in hopes of finding you somewhere on the internet, and what do you know, you've gotten multiple shout outs on this page, and for good reason.

I hope to one day improve enough to put up an even fight, that day is probably in the far future.
GG for real, had a ton of fun!

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
I just made a profile just now for the sole purpose of giving this shoutout:

to @ BlazedMike95 BlazedMike95 , I was the Fox/Pikachu with tag "PEPE" that you just completely bodied. I'm super impressed at how you just lined up all of your attacks with Pac-man with all the projectiles and stuff. You did this with Lemmy too. There was just nothing I could do but watch poor Pikachu die. You ran through like half the roster, and I don't even remember taking a single stock off of any of those matches. You're one of the people that are so good I actually enjoy just getting owned because it marvels me how huge of a skill gap there can be between me and those who know what they're doing.

I was so compelled, I decided to google you in hopes of finding you somewhere on the internet, and what do you know, you've gotten multiple shout outs on this page, and for good reason.

I hope to one day improve enough to put up an even fight, that day is probably in the far future.
GG for real, had a ton of fun!
Hey, GGs. I appreciate the compliments... and the dedication in trying to find me, I guess. :laugh: You may think I bodied you, but I've been destroyed as well. The skill gap is much larger than you may think. If you want, I can give you some advice. I saw some mistakes on your part, but they should be easy to fix.

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
good games to this japanese player. we had over 70 matches of Ganon dittos on 3DS!

ProjectSixam

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0946-2460-6540
Good games to a player that goes by Six. That's it. Six, just like it's spelled here. You were a jerk with the taunting and dash dancing, but I can't deny that you're a pretty good Bowser Jr. (namely Iggy) player. Actually, the taunting didn't really affect me at all; I was kind of laughing most of the time. I don't know if you were trying to make me mad, but if you were, you did the opposite. Maybe it's because I'm probably just super optimistic today or because I was fighting Iggy, who is a truly goofy character in the Mario series.

Other than that, you even taught me a few new tricks with the Koopa Car Dash or whatever it's called among other things. I never played as Bowser Jr. when we fought, but I do play as him from time to time. I was 21Gmix with the purple Greninja, white Zelda, and white Meta Knight.
Well, he's here now. I exist.

Hi. GG. Thanks. That jazz.

Hirashi_Dragon

Smash Rookie
I have played professionally for years and my main Fox has not lost matches let alone been matched in skill. This guy seems pretty consistent and I have faced him in both 1on 1 and for glory. He goes by X but his username is Hirashi. From what I have seen he mains Link and also uses Dark Pit. This guy destroyed me. His Link(Shadow Link) caught me in several one on ones with Dair and his timing and ability to be unpredictable and it caught me off guard completely. In team matches I got to play with him and we won every time. He seemed to know exactly what to do to win and chained our attacks together perfectly against high level competition. In one particular match against him he finish with 0% damage. Against him I'm team matches I could barely touch him let alone knock him out. His partner seemed to always be in the way because he moved always. Best player I have come across so far on the Wii u version. Wish I could have contacted him to see which pro he is. Definitely want him for the upcoming tournaments.
Thank you you were also a great challenge. I am trying to hold back and experiment with different combos in for glory to create new combos for tournaments once they arrive officially to smash. But if you want to know more about my pro background just message me. I am intrigued.... You are a pro also? Maybe we have fought before. Your combos and patterns were very familiar. For me to remember them speaks volumes to how good you are. As far as tournaments I have a partner. Maybe we can partner in an alternate tournament. I can send you replays of him though. We don't really have any matches we had to fight seriously in at tournament level. For Glory smashers majority anyway are not quite as good as many smashers I ran into during tournaments. NNID is Hirashi

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Well, he's here now. I exist.

Hi. GG. Thanks. That jazz.
Thought I would never see you again. It's been like almost two months. Funnily enough, I've started picking up Ludwig again just before you showed up. Now that you're here, I'm still waiting for that rematch lol!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
good game to a player named Groose, he even had a great groose mii to show off!

great Wario, DK, Ryu and Falco. tons of fun!

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Shout-outs to Jonas (Metaknight) on the 3DS.

KnightofPizza

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LergiOfficial
*Ctrl + F*
"poopy"
*enter*
"0 of 0"
i cri evrytiem

[Wii U] But really tho, there was a solid Bowser Jr. main who's tag was along the lines of "PALATA", I was Pac and Lucas. GGs, really nice job optimizing the use of the Mecha Koopas and mixing up recoveries.

Last edited:

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
Shoutout to Overlord on the 3DS who started with Ike and ended with Mario. Those were some fun games and you were a solid player, but I had to go to bed. I'd like to face you again.

I was the :4zss:named Mugi.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Been getting matches with some skilled players lately. First time in a while I've gone on FG and lost more matches than I won, and it's kinda great, honestly. I wish I remembered some of the names or saved replays of some of the more decisive losses, but I get pretty quick on the rematch button when I'm on a losing streak, feeling all determined and whatnot.

I go under H.B.C and usually use the tag 'Buwaro' online. GGs to anyone I have played!

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
Played a lot of good people tonight. : ] Some memorable names were MELEE4EVER who oddly enough had one of the best Diddy's I've ever played, SoLo, and "( )" who had a great Falco.

Matsushi

True Blood
[Wii U] Gooood games to @ Dumbfire Dumbfire ! That Link was phenomenal, definitely the best I've faced. :happysheep:I was the Palutena/Marth with the tag "Matsu".

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
[Wii U] Gooood games to @ Dumbfire Dumbfire ! That Link was phenomenal, definitely the best I've faced. :happysheep:I was the Palutena/Marth with the tag "Matsu".
Thanks, they were nice games! It was very cool to see your use of Palutena's edge cancels. If you ever want to face any Links again (there are quite a few European ones) just jump by our Xat ( http://xat.com/LinkSmashers ) or social.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Good games to the 3DS Cesar playing ZSS. You're pretty good, man. Gave my Wario a run for his money.

Last edited:

LinkoHakurei

Smash Cadet
NNID
LinkoHakurei
3DS FC
3136-6656-2820
Linkong (Captain Falcon) here and man i found this guy that was beating my ****ing ass lmao! but i seriously enjoyed playing with him and could definitely learn alot from him.
I think your name was Frost B...(idk thats as much as i could see from your name) last match was falcon vs sonic, i hope u can get back at me so we can play again sometime frend an Good Games! :]

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Shout outs to Chris on 3DS who repeatedly bodied my ROB with his Falco. I had to leave to walk my dog but if you happen to be on here I'd love to play some more.

BlackPhantom

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3823-9082-0822
Linkong (Captain Falcon) here and man i found this guy that was beating my ****ing *** lmao! but i seriously enjoyed playing with him and could definitely learn alot from him.
I think your name was Frost B...(idk thats as much as i could see from your name) last match was falcon vs sonic, i hope u can get back at me so we can play again sometime frend an Good Games! :]
He still plays 3ds? I remeber playing him a while back.

LinkoHakurei

Smash Cadet
NNID
LinkoHakurei
3DS FC
3136-6656-2820
Tried to find him but had no luck. Pretty sure his name is frost breath or something like that. I think i saw him in a tournament. I forgot which one though.
If u ever find that tournament again let me know cause those matches i had against him were the most enjoyable matches i've ever had in my 2k+ games of FG 3DS even if i lost 80% of them lol but i would love to see more of this man and hopefully someday play him again.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
3DS~ GGs to a player named "Ty" with a Falcon Icon as his profile and message as "Lets get ready". He used Blue Kirby/White Sheik/and Rosaluma. Perhaps the best Sheik I've played on 3DS so far. Very fun even tho I lost most. Luckily I was able to take a few games off your Sheik with my gimmicks.

I was the Red Falcon/DK/Ryu who went by "Metalbro"

Last edited:

Hirashi_Dragon

Smash Rookie
Player against a Japanese player who used Ganon. I was impressed by how skilled you were. And you forced me to dig into my bag of tricks and play seriously a little bit. Great job to you and I will post our match on smash wii u replays as LinkVGanon Epictomorriw

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
[3DS]
Just fought a player named Luis who used :4pit: vs my :4sonic:. Just wanted to say that that was an amazing Pit you had there! You were so aggressive and made a lot of good reads! Not sure if it is me or Sonic (or both), but you made me realize how bad I am when on the defensive. Something I definitely have to work on. Sadly, it was only one match, but I learned a lot during it.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Ggs to a red Fox player named Vixieux on the 3ds. I'm very out of practice due to not being able to play for a week, so it was nice to find a good player who could tolerate all my bad plays and SDs during our matches. Sorry about losing connection during the last match. I forgot my wifi likes to act up around this time of night.

I was the pink Ryu and red Palutena named Austin.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
If anyone faces Nightmare on the 3DS, beware of her godly level Mario. Made me so salty many times :p

Top Bottom