• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
GGs to Val on the 3ds. Those Ryu dittos were extremely fun. I wish I could have played more, but it was starting to get near the time of night when my wifi starts acting up, so I had to stop before the lag became a problem.

I was the pink Ryu named Austin. I hope to face you again soon.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Welp, it's been some time I've posted here. The patch came and BAM! I deleted my replays without shouting-out to many people... My name is José, but I use the Purin tag. レッツゴー!
Netflix: Your defense was on point! But I found funny that you taunted even before killing me and I two-stocked you! Good game (s?).
Kway: You were good, but I would recommend to don't charge Smash attacks in a distance. Do that in specific moments. That Falcon Punch tho :awesome:
Chavez: Don't abuse the Slip Counter. Just don't do it.
mjmigoto: I found my last-second comeback to pretty amusing, but you were kicking my back!
NeoDN: Your Lucina was good, but I would recommend using Counter for crucial moments.
osber: Ah, the classic Bad vs. Good Brawl matchup. You did great, but that Ganoncide made the game!
Kal: I hope this teaches you to never, ever try to taunt in the front of anybody! Your Back-Air Spike was beautiful, however!
Cosmo: You play a great R.O.B... your projectile game was on point!
Ronnie: Our Jigglypuff ditto was great!
Zellin: The Wall of Pain was kind of disrespect. You could use more aerials, but your ground game was pretty good. You did pretty well against my Falcon though.
Queen Zach: Your Roy wasn't bad, but was a bit predictable. It's not like you wasn't good.
Jigsaw: I frankly love those Dedede's who use DDD-Tilt constantly, it's pretty stylish.
John: Your Roy was pretty good, I just would recommend using Up-Special more as a finisher and not as a "normal" attack.
Robert: Sorry for interrupting your taunt at the beginning. I just wasn't ready! Your Shulk is pretty solid.
Chris: Your Mario was pretty original. The first one that uses more than F-Smash, Up-Smash, Up-Air, Down-Throw and Up-Tilt that I met. Not saying every Mario player is unoriginal!
*Japanese name*: I lost that match pretty badly, but the fact that we both died at once on the end made that match pretty funny!
Gonzo: Our PK-Ditto (Ness vs. Lucas) match was quite good!
Nick G.: Your Mario was pretty good, but you could've used F.L.U.D.D. when I was off-stage!
George: Sorry for Kirbyciding twice, but I needed to do it! And, don't camp with WFT. It has plenty of options!
shem: Holy thing, you came back through my comeback with a great Shoryuken! Your Ryu was among the best I've ever faced.
Stavo: I would say your Pikachu is pretty good, if you did not come with this "SAMEOLD" tag. You were the one abusing Thunder Jolt, Dash Attack, F-Smash and Thunder, not me, dude.
Shinobu: Your Link used projectiles as solid tools. Keep playing like that!
Andersen: The fact that you changed to Falcon after you beat mine did show me something; there are many douches in FG. And then I killed you with a F-Smash read! And I copied your Gold Roy by playing Gold Marth! Oh, the humanity.
BeBop: Those two games were pretty nice! Your Lucario was pretty aggressive, and that's something good.
16 Pains: Quite a different name! Welp, your Lucas was... STOP CAMPING DAMMIT!
evilwizard: Welp, your Olimar was... STOP CAMPING DAMMIT!
darc: Welp, your Link was... STOP CAMPING DAMMIT!
Klanc: Welp, your Falcon was... STOP SPAMMING FALCON PUNCH AND F-SMASH DAMMIT!
Spoofy: Welp, your Roy was... pretty good. :4kirby:
bilal: Our battle was pretty hot. Why did I used the Rollout to recover? I don't know neither.
Dwayne: Both your DK and Charizard were pretty good. Sorry for uploading the pic of the JV3 on Miiverse! It was too great.
Eazy E: Your Ryu knew all the tech.
huehue(BR): Um brasileiro! Fazia tempo que não encontrava um... Bons jogos! Você era muito habilidoso.
(English) A Brazilian! It's been a while a found one... Good games! You were very skilled.
Holio: After the Up-B glitch was discovered, there goes the ones who use it to win! I got you in the end.
jason: "Piece of cake!" and then "Jiggly-puff!"
Yugimon47: Your Lucas was pretty good! I hope the fact that I went Ness after a couple matches don't sound like disrespect.
case: Avoid Falco Phantasm on the ground. It is a good move, but Falco prefers it on the air!
Thomas: Roy is NOT Sonic. You did not play badly, though.
Mike: Your WFT was great! Keep the good work :)
chris: I have the feeling you're ZeRo... or at least his North-American counterpart.
Robert: So, I beat your Link in two games in a row. You beat my Toon Link once and say "YAWN". lolwut
Guntadela: Jogador brasileiro! Nossos jogos foram divertidos.
(English) Brazilian player! Our games were fun.
gerb: Epic Jiggs ditto!
That's all, folks. The guys who are here come from the Replays I've saved. Maybe I've played you and you are not here!

Last edited:

TroyD98

Smash Rookie
NNID
TroyD98
Welp, it's been some time I've posted here. The patch came and BAM! I deleted my replays without shouting-out to many people... My name is José, but I use the Purin tag. レッツゴー!
Netflix: Your defense was on point! But I found funny that you taunted even before killing me and I two-stocked you! Good game (s?).
Kway: You were good, but I would recommend to don't charge Smash attacks in a distance. Do that in specific moments. That Falcon Punch tho :awesome:
Chavez: Don't abuse the Slip Counter. Just don't do it.
mjmigoto: I found my last-second comeback to pretty amusing, but you were kicking my back!
NeoDN: Your Lucina was good, but I would recommend using Counter for crucial moments.
osber: Ah, the classic Bad vs. Good Brawl matchup. You did great, but that Ganoncide made the game!
Kal: I hope this teaches you to never, ever try to taunt in the front of anybody! Your Back-Air Spike was beautiful, however!
Cosmo: You play a great R.O.B... your projectile game was on point!
Ronnie: Our Jigglypuff ditto was great!
Zellin: The Wall of Pain was kind of disrespect. You could use more aerials, but your ground game was pretty good. You did pretty well against my Falcon though.
Queen Zach: Your Roy wasn't bad, but was a bit predictable. It's not like you wasn't good.
Jigsaw: I frankly love those Dedede's who use DDD-Tilt constantly, it's pretty stylish.
John: Your Roy was pretty good, I just would recommend using Up-Special more as a finisher and not as a "normal" attack.
Robert: Sorry for interrupting your taunt at the beginning. I just wasn't ready! Your Shulk is pretty solid.
Chris: Your Mario was pretty original. The first one that uses more than F-Smash, Up-Smash, Up-Air, Down-Throw and Up-Tilt that I met. Not saying every Mario player is unoriginal!
*Japanese name*: I lost that match pretty badly, but the fact that we both died at once on the end made that match pretty funny!
Gonzo: Our PK-Ditto (Ness vs. Lucas) match was quite good!
Nick G.: Your Mario was pretty good, but you could've used F.L.U.D.D. when I was off-stage!
George: Sorry for Kirbyciding twice, but I needed to do it! And, don't camp with WFT. It has plenty of options!
shem: Holy thing, you came back through my comeback with a great Shoryuken! Your Ryu was among the best I've ever faced.
Stavo: I would say your Pikachu is pretty good, if you did not come with this "SAMEOLD" tag. You were the one abusing Thunder Jolt, Dash Attack, F-Smash and Thunder, not me, dude.
Shinobu: Your Link used projectiles as solid tools. Keep playing like that!
Andersen: The fact that you changed to Falcon after you beat mine did show me something; there are many douches in FG. And then I killed you with a F-Smash read! And I copied your Gold Roy by playing Gold Marth! Oh, the humanity.
BeBop: Those two games were pretty nice! Your Lucario was pretty aggressive, and that's something good.
16 Pains: Quite a different name! Welp, your Lucas was... STOP CAMPING DAMMIT!
evilwizard: Welp, your Olimar was... STOP CAMPING DAMMIT!
darc: Welp, your Link was... STOP CAMPING DAMMIT!
Klanc: Welp, your Falcon was... STOP SPAMMING FALCON PUNCH AND F-SMASH DAMMIT!
Spoofy: Welp, your Roy was... pretty good. :4kirby:
bilal: Our battle was pretty hot. Why did I used the Rollout to recover? I don't know neither.
Dwayne: Both your DK and Charizard were pretty good. Sorry for uploading the pic of the JV3 on Miiverse! It was too great.
Eazy E: Your Ryu knew all the tech.
huehue(BR): Um brasileiro! Fazia tempo que não encontrava um... Bons jogos! Você era muito habilidoso.
(English) A Brazilian! It's been a while a found one... Good games! You were very skilled.
Holio: After the Up-B glitch was discovered, there goes the ones who use it to win! I got you in the end.
jason: "Piece of cake!" and then "Jiggly-puff!"
Yugimon47: Your Lucas was pretty good! I hope the fact that I went Ness after a couple matches don't sound like disrespect.
case: Avoid Falco Phantasm on the ground. It is a good move, but Falco prefers it on the air!
Thomas: Roy is NOT Sonic. You did not play badly, though.
Mike: Your WFT was great! Keep the good work :)
chris: I have the feeling you're ZeRo... or at least his North-American counterpart.
Robert: So, I beat your Link in two games in a row. You beat my Toon Link once and say "YAWN". lolwut
Guntadela: Jogador brasileiro! Nossos jogos foram divertidos. Espero que não tenha dado Rage-Quit no final!
(English) Brazilian player! Our games were fun. I hope you did not Rage-Quit in the end!
gerb: Epic Jiggs ditto!
That's all, folks. The guys who are here come from the Replays I've saved. Maybe I've played you and you are not here!
Hey you played my little brother! His tag is Kal, and he's been trying to main Lucas and Roy. Also I think I've played you before, but I'm not sure.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Hey you played my little brother! His tag is Kal, and he's been trying to main Lucas and Roy. Also I think I've played you before, but I'm not sure.
That's pretty nice! I hope that statement about taunting did not sound like doucheness, I always punish when somebody taunts when I am on the stage. He is a pretty good player!
Do you think you've played me? If you aren't sure, I might give some info:
I play constantly a Blue Kirby, and Blue Falcon too. The Jigglypuff I play is the one with the Bow (or with the Sleep Hat), the Toon Link I use has the NES pallete, and default Ganon. My playstyle is pretty aggressive, but I do play a bit defensive as well.

Smychavo

Smash Rookie
NNID
llantonino
Hey...Asotil, remember me? I was that green c. Falcon player! I'll have to say that I've never met such a good Samus player like you! Thanks for dem matches though!

Elements95

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, looking for a shiek player with the tag -m8- that I played several games with. GGs, it was fun getting rekt lol. Please PM me, I'd love to get some more matches going!

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Shout outs to a DHD player for the most fun match Ive had in FG for a long time. Can't remember your name (Puprsawr or something similar) but I was a red ROB named Flub. Would love to play again!

Ronno012

Smash Rookie
3DS For glory with the name Connor
To Michael...(darn cutoff) in 1v1, your :4pikachu: with my :4lucina:was really hard! I wasn't able to touch you until I was already at 127% (that was very depressing). While I managed to get the win, you pretty much had me outplayed.

Joker, that :4luigi: was extremely good as you managed to juggle, combo and get last minute kills with that close upB. While we fought in team battle I would love to fight you in a 1v1 though you would probably destroy me.

@ DeltaRouge DeltaRouge OMG I remember you! We did a bunch of :4lucina: mirrior matches in 1v1. However it was quite a long time ago at around patch 1.0.3 and I think I was using the name Ronno or Condog.

NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
3DS For glory with the name Connor
To Michael...(darn cutoff) in 1v1, your :4pikachu: with my :4lucina:was really hard! I wasn't able to touch you until I was already at 127% (that was very depressing). While I managed to get the win, you pretty much had me outplayed.

Joker, that :4luigi: was extremely good as you managed to juggle, combo and get last minute kills with that close upB. While we fought in team battle I would love to fight you in a 1v1 though you would probably destroy me.

@ DeltaRouge DeltaRouge OMG I remember you! We did a bunch of :4lucina: mirrior matches in 1v1. However it was quite a long time ago at around patch 1.0.3 and I think I was using the name Ronno or Condog.
Your name sounds veeerrry, veeerry familiar. I'll have to look at my Replay list for your name.

Nah

Smash Champion
I just did some Robin dittos on For Glory on the 3DS with someone named Nithi. I was the :4robinf: you fought, same name as you see here. It was nice to see another Robin online for once and the matches were pretty nice. Except for that last one at the Unova Pokemon League, I'm sorry about the horrendous lag on that one =(

But ggs =)

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
[3DS]

GG's to @Trap Lord who used Default color ness, Default Duck Hunt Dog and a Black sneakers Sonic, for ness try not to be predictable with pkt2 when i'm at a distance, i knew instantly when you used it that you would try for projectile use with it and i immediately shielded and got close for a direct attack with marth. Try to mix it up next time and be unpredictable.

My tag was Richard 89 (only shows up as Richard...) i was the white marth, blue falco, black bowser, default ike, blue charizard, and black greninja (Both are my secondaries.)

Last edited:

DeltaRouge

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeltaRouge
3DS FC
3179-6366-8322
Oh, hey! Yeah, I do recall having some Lucina dittos, I believe you played with her original color and I played with her red and black outfit (Cherche) or red and white (Cordelia) one?

Are you sure it was patch 1.0.3? I didn't get the game until January; that must've been like 1.0.5 or 1.0.4. :p

Also, my name at that time must've been 'Mateo'; I just recently changed my in-game name to 'DeltaRouge'. And I think your name was Connor at the time, or Condog.

TroyD98

Smash Rookie
NNID
TroyD98
That's pretty nice! I hope that statement about taunting did not sound like doucheness, I always punish when somebody taunts when I am on the stage. He is a pretty good player!
Do you think you've played me? If you aren't sure, I might give some info:
I play constantly a Blue Kirby, and Blue Falcon too. The Jigglypuff I play is the one with the Bow (or with the Sleep Hat), the Toon Link I use has the NES pallete, and default Ganon. My playstyle is pretty aggressive, but I do play a bit defensive as well.
Sorry for the late reply, but I do remember playing your Jigglypuff and Ganon I think. Just wish I could remember how the matches went! Play me sometime?

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Shoutouts to an amazing player named @Ron

We played 2 Lucas dittos and another match where he switched to Greninja. Rock solid games, the lag was just disruptive as crazy.

I hope we can have a rematch with better conditions :-)

will4zoo

Smash Rookie
Just finished playing with somebody who went by ky, they kicked my ass real hard and it was great fun! Great smash bros player! Even treated me with a Zelda wave before leaving. Hope to play with them again someday.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
[3DS]Played against a guy who goes by Jetlag who used Falco and Falcon. I played you on anthers but in case you frequent here. GGs.

The Falcon dittos were fun.

Last edited:

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
gg's to a :4pikachu:/:4link: named "O's" from Canada! those matches were very close, and it's always fun and helpful for me to play against a smart pikachu (as a WFT main I struggle in that MU). I was lenny face:4wiifitm::4kirby:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
ctrl+f "Shun"

No results.

Well, dang it. Anyway, GGs to the last batch of foes I faced. Particularly the Ryu with the Tag "Best of 5~" and we then proceeded to Best of 5. Swaggya, nice Sheik and ZSS. Was a pleasure to duel.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
[3DS]

GGS to a player named @D3mo who was quite skilled with default capt. falcon, Orange shirt/purple jacket shulk and a lime green samus. i was hoping you were on smashboards, but i guess not. my hunt for another smashboards member continues.

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
Goodgame to somebody named NEO1989, that was the first pikachu that I had a hard time against.

I fought you with lucas and my 3ds name was derp. We played on a new super mario bros stage.

Tanark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tanark
3DS FC
4227-4063-6713
It's a great honor play with @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG , my name is Tanark, Green Fox player.

I played with WiiU pad because somehow my GC controller wasn't work.

When I saw him, I was shocked and typed "SmashBoard?"

I sent friend request to @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG , and I'm wating like Fangirl

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It's a great honor play with @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG , my name is Tanark, Green Fox player.

I played with WiiU pad because somehow my GC controller wasn't work.

When I saw him, I was shocked and typed "SmashBoard?"

I sent friend request to @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG , and I'm wating like Fangirl
It was fun! Always nice to meet more people from the community.

I think I chose my username pretty well, pretty sure I'm the only person using it.

Last edited:

Ronno012

Smash Rookie
Goodgame to somebody named NEO1989, that was the first pikachu that I had a hard time against.

I fought you with lucas and my 3ds name was derp. We played on a new super mario bros stage.
I'm not NEO1989, but I think I had fought against you last night. I used Roy against your Sheik at Suzaku castle, but I had to leave after one round. Sadly I ran out of memory space to save the replay but I really enjoyed the match!

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
Good matches guy called "Get~good" followed by "F***U" I assume you was trying to make me salty or somthing, sadly it didn't work :(
You are a very good Captain Falcon, it ended up where I win 4 you won 3 until I had to leave. Nice meteor smashes by the way!
These matches really improved my Dedede, the tennis match with the Gordo was brilliant, what was it, 4/5 times we hit it back to each other?

Again good matches, shame about the attitude though :(

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
ggs to amblue, who both of us used a crapton of different characters, i used the tag Spaz

hopefully you find this and we can add each other, you were good and pretty much each match was close and very fun

ggs

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
I just fought someone named Vinnie. Idk if it's the same one (@Vinnie ?). They played as Olimar. I was fusion suit Samus. Campiest match ever (both sides), but still fun. I hope it was the real Vinnie because it was pretty close and that would make me feel a lot better about myself lol. He was pretty good, but it's always hard to judge a player's skill level by how they play Olimar. He figured out some of my stuff pretty well, so the possibility is open.

Also, someone named Ibis has an amazing Palutena, like, Aerolink level. I got stomped so hard it's unreal. I think they were Scandinavian ? Dunno

Last edited:

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
[3DS] Kit from CO. Yooo you're a very skilled player. We played for about 30-45 min trading wins every few games if not close to most. I'd like to player again sometime if you're on here. Anyways GGs

DeltaRouge

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeltaRouge
3DS FC
3179-6366-8322
[3DS] / Online / With Anyone (For Glory) / Team Smash

Awesome games to Tio from Ontario, Canada! Your profile comment was 'I'm a Canadian.'

As for the matches, you played :4peach: for the majority of the games we participated in, though you started to play :4palutena: afterwards. Fighting with you was awesome! I feel like we had really good teamwork by closing in on a single opponent when we had the chance (pretty much when one of us of both of us knocked the other away to buy some time). Another when I grabbed an opponent and you followed up with a F-Air.

Fighting against you was cool as well. You caught me off guard with a few stage spikes when I thought they wouldn't happen.

I was 'DeltaRouge' and played :4lucina:with her red and white outfit (Cordelia) and default outfit, along with :4zss:.

Hopefully my profile comment guided you here. Awesome games! And I'd love to play with you again someday!

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Welp, welp,welp. I played more Earthlings, which means more shout-outs! Yaaay!
Blaze: After the Jigglypuff ditto, a Kirby ditto! Too bad you just did it to show your Kirby is better than mine... and it did not happen! Then you tried to counterpick with Ganon, and, well...
DOOMguy: Your Little Mac is a beast. The first one I met to be really good. But, don't try to jump, at least not on Omega Stages!
Aldo: I was afraid of your Sheik, I must admit.
Daniel: DON'T EDGEGUARD AS MAC!
Jigglystep: Great games! Your Lucas was great, but your Villager was godly!
rockman: I expected you to play Megaman on the first game, but you actually did it on the second one. Both games were pretty close, but you are very skilled.
runt: Yup, that Melee Kirby. I honestly was scared in every battle we had, you even got me with some of my tricks! I would like to fight against you again.
CaNon: Another Blue Kirby! Great Ditto.
Scyter: Hard battle! Since Falcon is a close-range fighter, I actually found myself pretty lost here; your Megaman has a great camping Projectile game!
Sniffs: Your Ness is good, but I wouldn't recommend to keep trying grabs after you couldn't.
Iooygi (or looygi, with a L?): Our Ness vs. Ryu battle was epic.
Dr.P: My Villager is rusty for a while... I surely did not play as him for, like, 3 months? I like how you started to spam the Burst Grenade after I died... and I killed you with a F-Smash off-stage. If you were trying to proof you're better than me (he didn't SD; he just let me kill him in the first stock), you are seriously a sore loser. I remember freaking out thinking it was PPMD (even your Mii is similar to him). He wouldn't act like that.
Ethan: A Falcon who taunts "Show me ya moves" at the beginning! YES! You know how to play Falcon. Our battles were pretty close!
D Nice: CAPN! NEWBSTAUNT LOL2STOK... MLG DORITOS AIRHORN. lel. My Luigi was shrekt.... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL2STOK. Fun fact: Stock has the letter "c" before k. I'm not American. You are. But what if Luigi was not kill? Illuminati confirmed!!!! ...am I nuts?
chan: You did not need to go so deep off-stage to kill me... You could just hit me with a B-Air or F-Air or F-Smash. But, your Bowser is great!
Tomás: Gotta go fast! HAAAA! Are you a MLG player?
fito: Little Mac, he has more than just F-Smash, Neutral Special and Side Special to the edge.
Tom: Your Rosalina is pretty great.
Serge: Lucina has no tipper, so spacing is not something you should focus on...
Itachi: Your Mewtwo likes to joke on Kirby's face. But Kirby also can on Mewtwo's.
???: Your Lucas is pretty good!!! I like how you play him.
Florian: Your Ness needs some serious improvement.
ShootMe: Another who goes Kirby thinking he is easy to play as?! Oh. Our Falcon vs. Ganon battle was pretty sweet, though.
Knubbis: I can't believe I lost as Jiggly against your copy of my Kirby (spamming F-Smash and stuff)... I think both of us were salty.
Ryan: Why did you go off-stage?! I was dying already.
dimitri: When you taunted "I cannot lose"... you really meant you could not lose.
dsoli: The Kirbycide kill was funny, but I can't deny the DONG Shield-break you did on my was better.
Dustin: Your Roy was great! But, when your Falcon attacked me while I was taunting (as a greeting, in the beginning of the battle)... I saw I had to Falcon Punch you in the face. And I did it. And you broke my shield. And you killed me. And I found that to be cool. And I taunted. And you interrupted it AGAIN. And I read your 100th Falcon Kick. And you died. And I won again. As Kirby and as Jiggly with TWO Rests in a row. The end.
Joshua: Your Duck Hunt was pretty good.
diego: Drop Kirby. And GIT GUD. Did Cena (from Moon Monkey's "For Salt" series) inspire your playstyle?
Crispo: Your Falco was very good!
McHooper: Your Link wasn't bad, but I think you could use his projectiles more often...
Lisonya: A Kirby player who understands him!!! It's been a while I met one of those.
More coming! I hope I didn't sound rude in some shoutouts, those spammers grind my gears.

Last edited:
Top Bottom