• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who thinks the name "BRAWL" stinks?

Lebonaire

Smash Rookie
I don't like it much. It's uncomfortable.

How's About...

SSB Unlimited?
SSB Frenzy?
SSB Carnage?
SSB Blitz?
SSB Outbreak?
SSB Attack?
SSB Fray?
SSB Bombardment?
SSB Strike?
SSB Onslaught?
SSB Barrage?
SSB Clash?
SSB Free-For-All?

Of the top of my head, so some of them suck.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I personally don't think Brawl sucks, I like it. But if there are any other Smash Bros. games that come out after Brawl, some of the suggestions I've seen posted would probably do very well.

Caael

Smash Lord
I used to think Super Smash Bros Party was a cool game. I was 11, cut me some slack.

Brawl is a fine name, all my friends know what i'm talking about when I say Brawl, I never really say the whole thing.

Some ideas:

Super Smash Bros BRICK 'EM
Super Smash Bros Chaos
Super Smash Bros Bash

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I don't like it much. It's uncomfortable.

How's About...

SSB Unlimited?
SSB Frenzy?
SSB Carnage?
SSB Blitz?
SSB Outbreak?
SSB Attack?
SSB Fray?
SSB Bombardment?
SSB Strike?
SSB Onslaught?
SSB Barrage?
SSB Clash?
SSB Free-For-All?

Of the top of my head, so some of them suck.
Carnage? Hahahaha! :laugh: Brings to mind an "M" rated ssb. Imagine, Link fighting Mario, cuts Mario with his fsmash- blood flies everywhere, and entrails litter the ground. Characters step on them, and slip, must tech or fall on the ground. When someone gets hit with a home run bat, instead of sending them flying when it's an imminent KO, its shatters their head in a bloody explosion. When characters are KOed and hit the screen, all their limbs break off, and the screen it splashed with so much blood it becomes difficult to see. Players must wait for a clear view for a second, while the blood slides down the screen and drips off. They could also call it ssb Slaughter, Massacre, Evisceration, Genocide, or Holocaust!

I must add that a game like this would greatly displease me, I'm just having fun so don't start flaming.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Carnage? Hahahaha! :laugh: Brings to mind an "M" rated ssb. Imagine, Link fighting Mario, cuts Mario with his fsmash- blood flies everywhere, and entrails litter the ground. Characters step on them, and slip, must tech or fall on the ground. When someone gets hit with a home run bat, instead of sending them flying when it's an imminent KO, its shatters their head in a bloody explosion. When characters are KOed and hit the screen, all their limbs break off, and the screen it splashed with so much blood it becomes difficult to see. Players must wait for a clear view for a second, while the blood slides down the screen and drips off. They could also call it ssb Slaughter, Massacre, Evisceration, Genocide, or Holocaust!

I must add that a game like this would greatly displease me, I'm just having fun so don't start flaming.
Even though you elaborated pretty well, that wasn't the point. Good ideas, kinda scary in a way.
To the topic, I think the name suits pretty well. Yes, I can imagine the announcer guy saying it weirdly, but I doubt it's going to be bad. Sakurai has a plan for that, I know it. And IF I had to think of something, then how about Super Smash Bros Battle, or Super Smash Bros Donnybrook! (Yes, I found it in the dictionary. Still means fighting.)

Reese

Smash Journeyman
super smash brothers melee 2 : This time with Snake !
or
super smash siblings
or
super smash brothers melee 2 : Gay looking Fox edition !
or
super smash brothers Falcon Punch !! (I want to hear the announcer scream falcon punch :D)
or
super smash brothers melee 2 : Now with new Kirby graphics !

IMO brawl is an alright name.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I wasn't being serious. I dont honestly think the game should be renamed as SSB Lynch.

Heheh, imagine the announcer.

Suppper Smashhh brootherss....LYYYYYYNCH
I know, I know, but I don't prefer that word. I mean, what do you heard lynch from?

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros ****

Edit: Hey Dylan, I saw that you briefly changed your avatar to the rubber duckies. Then in no time it was back to Goku. I wondered what that was about, when I stumbled across that comment someone made on how you finally dropped the goku avatar. lol!

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
..."5. Super Smash Bros. Murder"
I like it...

It sorta fits in along the same line as my "Super Smash Brothers: Blood in Your Urine" suggestion.

More seriously though:

...Super Smash Bros Showdown
I would have actually preferred this. Oh and by the way, I would just like to reiterate that I don't hate "Brawl," I just don't think it would have been terribly difficult to come up with something better. Brawl is totally acceptable, and even in my initial "shock" of seeing the first announcement/trailer showing the name, I didn't hate the name. Just kind of meh, whatever.

(Plus as I said, I thought it was "Dojo" for a few brief minutes because of a snippet I read of something, and I remember thinking how different and bold it was of them to name it that. Then I had to come down from that high moments later after seeing the trailer with the title "Brawl" staring me in the face. I was like oh, that's what it is. Alright. ZZZzzz.)

I mostly wanted to see what all the other cats around here thought. It's still gonna rock (even for me ;)) come launch time! Woooo!

...and the name doesn't suck that much. I don't hate it.
My thoughts exactly, right on the nail head. (Seriously.)

I'm gonna pretend like that wasn't the biggest suck-up I've ever heard.

The name "Brawl" doesn't flow off the tounge as well as "Melee", but I seriously doubt that people will discontinue playing the game because of a less-than-flashy name.
First sentence: I know, I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth. JK ;)

Not just about this quote, but about some others I've seen as well but...

Who said anything about people discontinuing to play the game? You're probably just exaggerating your point, but I think it's already clear that the name isn't important to the game play itself and we're all going to enjoy it. So yeah, I agree, but I didn't post this thread implying that the name will somehow ruin the game. Maybe you just didn't have anything else to say about it, but thought you'd through that out there anyway. Eh, it's legit enough I suppose.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I've accepted it.
A synonym of melee, clever.
I respectfully disagree. Unclever.

You need not refute my statement, I meant nothing toward you, just voicing my opinion about using a synonym of Melee. (Yes, I know "unclever" is not a word.)

However this thread is still alive beats me....."BRAWL" is fine
Some threads are merely for entertainment, or to pass the time away until Brawl's release. I don't see how discussing the new game's title shouldn't be appropriate or interesting. It's fun to come up with names. (That said, I'm as surprised as you.;))

Oh, and yes, to the people who are telling us/me to get over it, and accept it;

I (and I assume everyone else) really, truly, have. I guess some people just aren't reading the first post.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
it could be named "Super Smash Brothers: Fist In Your Face", would it matter. Its not like the name makes the game good.
Personally, I would love to ask people if they want to play some "Fist in Your Face". It would make me happy.

Then again I'm a bit partial to the word "face".

Brawl is spiffy enough though. The logo even has a fancy red underline!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
True that brother! It actually adds just a little something.
Considering how the word "Brawl" is all over the Melee box, it doesn't surprise me with the name. Also, considering how much the word Brawl came up discussing Melee's release just adds to me not being surprised by the name. Overall, it is about as good a name as Melee, but still....TOTAL NOOB ANNILANATION would have been the best name choice! :laugh: :) ;) :ohwell: :psycho: :cool:

psyt

Smash Journeyman
doesnt fit?

super smash bros brawl

double alliterations, thats poetry son!!!

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
Considering how the word "Brawl" is all over the Melee box, it doesn't surprise me with the name. Also, considering how much the word Brawl came up discussing Melee's release just adds to me not being surprised by the name. Overall, it is about as good a name as Melee, but still....TOTAL NOOB ANNILANATION would have been the best name choice! :laugh: :) ;) :ohwell: :psycho: :cool:
best. title. ever.
(still no sonic would be 3rd, after Murder)

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Come on, nobody liked Super Smash Brothers Blood In Your Urine? (SSBBIYU) Well, I know it doesn't quite stand up to certain other titles ^^^ ;) but you have to admit, it has a nice ring. ;) ;)

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I would love to ask people if they want to play some "Fist in Your Face". It would make me happy.

Then again I'm a bit partial to the word "face".

Brawl is spiffy enough though. The logo even has a fancy red underline!
I'd rather have Kick in Your Crotch, or Kick in Your Dingleberries. :pimp:

Top Bottom