• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who the hell is this guy anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Because "WTF" Characters are suppose to be well known by everyone, you know.
I've known about Game & Watch before Melee. Although the Mr. Game & Watch concept would be kinda weird as he's pretty much a made-up character, so no one would probably have guessed on how he'd work if he was mentioned to be in Melee before Melee's release and actual shots of him appear.

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
But that didn't effect whether they made it in Brawl.

Sakurai had to cut some characters to make space for deserving characters like Captain Olimar, Lucas, Pit, and yes even ROB. To make a truly balanced roster, he had to have a limit and focus on developing each character and make them all original (which is quite a feat considering the amount of other features in the game like the hundreds of music tracks, the multitude of unique stages, the epic SSE story, wifi, etc. etc.). However, if he had chose K. Rool or Black Shadow over, say, Wolf, it would just be perfectly fine since they deserve it just as much as Wolf did. It doesn't matter how old they are, really. They aren't even old at all, they're both recurring villains in the series they're from and are still prominate characters even today. K. Rool even still stars in DK games even today and just about every gamer recognizes him in some form or another, and Black Shadow has been in every F-Zero game since F-Zero GX and stars as the central villain in every installment and the anime.

Hell, for an even more comparison to Wolf, they're pretty much on the exact same level as him when it comes to importance. Wolf is a recurring villain/rival in the whole Star Fox series and stars in just about every game; this is the same exact thing with K. Rool and Black Shadow. By your logic and saying that K. Rool and Black Shadow would be unrecognizable (which they probably wouldn't be with most gamers; maybe Black Shadow with kids, but with kids who don't know much about Nintendo most of the **** roster of characters would be unrecognizable), then Wolf is too.
Pretty much why I was suprised on why Wolf got in. I suppose it was because of more people wanting him in? There was a poll way last year allowing some characters be in and Black Shadow was no where to be found and K. Rool did not have much votes. I haven't heard of the anime either. People have opinions, I guess.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Pretty much why I was suprised on why Wolf got in. I suppose it was because of more people wanting him in? There was a poll way last year allowing some characters be in and Black Shadow was no where to be found and K. Rool did not have much votes. I haven't heard of the anime either. People have opinions, I guess.
I dunno, the fact that he's important to his **** series and popular just like K. Rool, Black Shadow, or Ridley?

Hint hint.

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
And how would adding K.Rool cause there to be moar heavyweights than light weights?
I've never said adding K. Rool will make it so that there were more heavyweights, I said it would make it unbalanced the roster, because a lighter weighted character would be removed which would make the game less attractable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Heh, people are actually trying to argue Lucario is better than Mewtwo from a pokemon perspective...

Lucario is a generic Hadou user and nothing really more

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I hope you meant Lucario is better then Mewtwo was in Melee, I can agree with that.

In competitive poke's Mewtwo would roll Lucario up and smoke him. =\

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I hope you meant Lucario is better then Mewtwo was in Melee, I can agree with that.

In competitive poke's Mewtwo would roll Lucario up and smoke him. =\
That and in general, Mewtwo is an overall better character than Lucario.

Lucario is cool an all. Overrated, but cool. Kinda like with Charizard, he's cool but overrated as hell. But I really don't think people should be giving him some praise over Mewtwo who's a better character spot for smash as he's more deserving and a lot cooler.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Luke, he's in, it's done, get over it :\.
...I'm not complaining about it.

I just stated a fact here. Mewtwo is yes, better than Lucario in just about every way other than in terms of gameplay, and yes he should've been in Brawl either instead of Lucario or right next to Lucario, either would be cool with me.

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
Ridley is already a boss and was said to be "too big" for Brawl. K. Rool isn't as important as Diddy and I think Dixie Kong was in if she had a chance. Black Shadow was beaten by another villain, so I'd rather have Samurai Goroh, who is sadly an AT.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Ridley is already a boss and was said to be "too big" for Brawl. K. Rool isn't as important as Diddy and I think Dixie Kong was in if she had a chance. Black Shadow was beaten by another villain, so I'd rather have Samurai Goroh, who is sadly an AT.
Ridley isn't too ****ing big to be playable.

Sakurai probably just wanted to somehow implement Ridley in Brawl as he's a popular character. Sakurai most likely had a planned out roster of 35 characters day one that didn't include some of the most popular characters in the game, but yet we get to see those characters that a lot of people wanted as ATs or even a boss (like in Ridley's case), which is perfectly fine for all of them as they're all getting a spot in the game.

And yeah K. Rool isn't as important as Diddy, what's your point? That's why Diddy got in as a DK rep instead of K. Rool, but if K. Rool was also in it'd make perfect sense.

...So wait, just because Black Shadow was beaten by Deathborn that means he doesn't deserve to be in? Well geez, might as well say that Claus shouldn't be in because he was killed at the end of Mother 3. Or hell, might as well say Ridley shouldn't be playable or a boss because he was killed in Super Metroid. Might as well say Bowser shouldn't be in because Smithy beat him Super Mario RPG.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I would have really loved to have a Mewtwo/Lucario team for a doubles tournament. Seeing how they handled Lucario I'm sure that if Mewtwo was in the game he would have had some good buffs too, and it would have been a very well rounded team.

I think Mewtwo is cooler than Lucario. I'm sad to see Mewtwo go. That said, I think Lucario is cool enough and obviously was popular enough to be in Brawl. I honestly don't know who I'd pick if Mewtwo was in the game and was on equal standing with Lucario. Overall, I don't see a need for us to pick apart at each other when I think most everyone in here agree that both are very cool looking and overall just cool characters from Pokemon. It's obvious that Nintendo made a compromise with the Mewtwo/Lucario thing. They made him very similar to Mewtwo, but different enough to stand on his own as a unique character. I think they made a good choice, but still like I said... Mewtwo/Lucario team would have kicked so much ***.

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
Ridley isn't too ****ing big to be playable.

Sakurai probably just wanted to somehow implement Ridley in Brawl as he's a popular character. Sakurai most likely had a planned out roster of 35 characters day one that didn't include some of the most popular characters in the game, but yet we get to see those characters that a lot of people wanted as ATs or even a boss (like in Ridley's case), which is perfectly fine for all of them as they're all getting a spot in the game.

And yeah K. Rool isn't as important as Diddy, what's your point? That's why Diddy got in as a DK rep instead of K. Rool, but if K. Rool was also in it'd make perfect sense.

...So wait, just because Black Shadow was beaten by Deathborn that means he doesn't deserve to be in? Well geez, might as well say that Claus shouldn't be in because he was killed at the end of Mother 3. Or hell, might as well say Ridley shouldn't be playable or a boss because he was killed in Super Metroid. Might as well say Bowser shouldn't be in because Smithy beat him Super Mario RPG.
Ridley is HUGE. I mean, look at him in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umGbhiTg-JM

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
MEGAAAAA MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14+ Nintendo games. Perfectly built for Smash. Huge fanbase. Important to Nintendo's early success. A franchise that has had incarnations on every Nintendo system except N64. There's 2 DIFFERENT Mega Man COLLECTION games out for Gamecube/Wii. I can't think of anyone bigger in the history of Nintendo who isn't in Smash except for Mega Man.

And you guys are arguing about Samurai Goroh and MewTwo? Who?

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Wow....

1) Megamans not in. Shut UP. Are you 12??? GROW UP

2) #1 except replace Megamsn with Mewtwo. I'm so happy that trash character is gone. I'm still shocked they bothered putting him in Melee.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Wow....

1) Megamans not in. Shut UP. Are you 12??? GROW UP

2) #1 except replace Megamsn with Mewtwo. I'm so happy that trash character is gone. I'm still shocked they bothered putting him in Melee.
Get out of here, seriously.

Mewtwo is one of the most important and greatest Pokemon in any generation and probably the coolest. He's overrated, but he deserves every bit of it as he's awesome. Lucario is cool but Mewtwo is a LOT, yes a LOT more deserving than Lucario or any other Pokemon rep and deserves a priority over them.

Machete

Smash Ace
I agree with Luke.

Lucario is cool, awesome and deserving. But Mewtwo deserved to return, he's cooler and more important than Lucario.

Waka_Waka_do_do_yea

Smash Journeyman
Since I haven't played any of his games or seen his movie he feels rather empty to me :/. But on the other hand, I dont know **** about earthbound but im glad ness is back XD

Machete

Smash Ace
If he was more important he would be in.
Ness is in, but Claus is more important.
Sheik is in, but Vaati/Midna/Zant are more important.
Zamus is in, but Ridley is more important.

First ultimate legendary>Random generic pokémon
Mewtwo>Lucario. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.
I'm not saying that Lucario shouldn't be in this game. But Mewtwo was far more deserving.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
ok guys, those that say Lucario > Mewtwo, I challenge to a D/P pokebattle right now w/ ubers. Let's see if you can prove it ;)

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
Ness is in, but Claus is more important.
Sheik is in, but Vaati/Midna/Zant are more important.

I'm not saying that Lucario shouldn't be in this game. But Mewtwo was far more deserving.
Mewtwo is a vastly overrated Pokemon that was a total joke in Melee, and it has an extremely arrogant fanbase. Lucario on the other hand, kicks *** in battle, has sort of a modest fanbase (you don't see Lucario fans going around dissing Mewtwo and drawing violent pictures of Mewtwo being beaten or any of that crap), and his character was really well developed in the movie.

Also, Mewtwo is old news. It's a 1st generation Pokemon. With Mewtwo in Brawl, there would be three (not even counting Pokemon Trainer and his three Pokemon) 1st gen. reps.

Oh, and just for the record, I'd rather play as Magikarp than Mewtwo. Just sayin'.

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
Lucario = Mewtwo in my opinion....less people have heard of lucario however because he is 4th generation. Everyone knows how huge pokemon was back in the good old days (good times), and mewtwo was the legendary one you could kick peoples butts with that everyone wanted (besides Mew). Mewtwo had to have been my favorite legendary pokemon from 1st gen (besides articuno narutarally...lol)

I have continued with pokemon for the most part up to the 4th gen, and i have to say that lucario is my favorite pokemon from diamond and pearl. Also, Lucario is in no way, shape, or form a clone of Mewtwo. They are both distinctively different and its a shame that mewtwo had gotten the axe. I wouldve loved to have seen a showdown between lucario and mewtwo on final destination.....

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is a vastly overrated Pokemon that was a total joke in Melee, and it has an extremely arrogant fanbase. Lucario on the other hand, kicks *** in battle, has sort of a modest fanbase (you don't see Lucario fans going around dissing Mewtwo and drawing violent pictures of Mewtwo being beaten or any of that crap), and his character was really well developed in the movie.
...Yeah, you keep thinking that.

The Lucario movie sucked hard and neither was Lucario a very good Pokemon anime character. Lucario is a cool Pokemon, just as much as Scyther or Charizard is, in the games, but he really isn't anything special. The only reason why he's in Brawl is because Gamefreak successfully got little kids and ***** to fall in love with him with his ****ty movie that made him seem like a legendary when he wasn't.

Mewtwo, however, was pretty much a fanfavorite since the start of Red & Blue. When the movie came around that was almost canon to his story about how he was cloned and used for science, and became some epic and utterly evil Pokemon, was just awesome. The first movie was really cool (so was the 3rd one, but for different reasons), and I really liked the character of Mewtwo.
Also, Mewtwo is old news. It's a 1st generation Pokemon. With Mewtwo in Brawl, there would be three (not even counting Pokemon Trainer and his three Pokemon) 1st gen. reps.
Your point?

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Mewtwo couldve been revamped like everyone else, but Sakurai didn't want him. Why? Because he didn't want him in.

Last time I checked, this is a Lucario board. Taking your whining to your friends IRL if you have any. No one cares if the character you wanted didn't make it, except for other BAWWINGG babies who are still complaining as well. ****, I doubt you even PLAYED the first smash game.

S2

Smash Lord
Can't we accept that both M2 and Lucario are awesome?

Both are big fanfavorites, you can't really determine which one is the better character when people seem split on it.

Machete

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is a vastly overrated Pokemon that was a total joke in Melee, and it has an extremely arrogant fanbase.
He was crap in Melee, but Bowser was crap too. And yes, he's and overrated Pokémon. But he's the first ultimate legendary pokémon, and one of the most powerful ones. On the other hand, Lucario is a far more overrated generic pokémon.

For a casual pokémon player, Lucario is just another pokémon. For a casual gamer, Mewtwo is the first ultimate legendary. So... who's overrated here?

Also, Mewtwo is old news. It's a 1st generation Pokemon.
He's an original Melee character. Ness, Sheik and Jigglypuff are less important than him, but they're playable.

Oh, and just for the record, I'd rather play as Magikarp than Mewtwo. Just sayin'.
ZOMG, that's a good argument. I'd rather play as a pokéball than Lucario.

Eric the Lone

Smash Journeyman
WAHHHHHHHHH LMAO!

I gotta say Luke's crying is so amusing I enjoy mewtwo being gone more than I should.. Jiggly probably deserved to go more though. Whatever, I am content with Sakurai's choices.

p.s. LOL @ no playable Ridley

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Mewtwo couldve been revamped like everyone else, but Sakurai didn't want him. Why? Because he didn't want him in.
No that's very improbable. What probably happened, as I said, is something that's a mix in between a business standpoint and a tradition standpoint.

For one, it seems, with Brawl, Sakurai tried to limit four reps per series. So essentially, to put Lucario in, who'd make a lot of money because ***gots like you will buy Brawl just to play as him (happened with Sonic), he'd have to take a character out.

Now, it seems with Brawl, he tried to keep the original 12 in tact. And he did so. So Jigglypuff was an immediate returning character. So the best decision would be to take away Mewtwo from the picture and perhaps save him for a later Smash game.

It's still a stupid idea, but that's how it probably happened really. Just a business decision, because he knows it'll make money. Sakurai is a businessman after all so it's understandable.

He's probably gonna realize his mistake of taking Mewtwo out later when Mewtwo turns out to be a highly requested character for Smash 4 and probably will put him back in due to fandemand.
Last time I checked, this is a Lucario board. Taking your whining to your friends IRL if you have any. No one cares if the character you wanted didn't make it, except for other BAWWINGG babies who are still complaining as well. ****, I doubt you even PLAYED the first smash game.
I played every Smash game, what are you talking about?

And I'm not bawwing, but your anti-Mewtwo garbage is just idiotic and you're just denying that it's a fact that your precious little Lucario doesn't deserve to be in the **** game. Hey, Sonic and Ness doesn't either, so Lucario must feel right at home!

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
He was crap in Melee, but Bowser was crap too. And yes, he's and overrated Pokémon. But he's the first ultimate legendary pokémon, and one of the most powerful ones. On the other hand, Lucario is a far more overrated generic pokémon.

For a casual pokémon player, Lucario is just another pokémon. For a casual gamer, Mewtwo is the first ultimate legendary. So... who's overrated here?

He's an original Melee character. Ness, Sheik and Jigglypuff are less important than him, but they're playable.

Lucario is by no means generic. He's the most badass Pokemon there is.

Oh, and how is Mewtwo better than Lucario. Guess who's in Brawl. lol!

Lol I see a trend. People tend to hate on the best things i.e. the New England Patriots, Lucario ect.

@Luke: Then get out of the Lucario board. Quit crying, because it's not going to put Mewtwo in Brawl. Lucario obviously deserved the spot more. lmao @ you!

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
wat

Lolwrong. Fact? Prove it. He had a big fanbase, Sakurai wouldn't add a random pokemon for no reason.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Lucario is by no means generic. He's the most badass Pokemon there is.

Oh, and how is Mewtwo better than Lucario. Guess who's in Brawl. lol!
Ness and Sonic are also in Brawl, that immediately makes them awesome characters, right?

...Oh wait!
Lol I see a trend. People tend to hate on the best things i.e. the New England Patriots, Lucario ect.
I bet you love Naruto too.
@Luke: Then get out of the Lucario board. Quit crying, because it's not going to put Mewtwo in Brawl. Lucario obviously deserved the spot more. lmao @ you!
I'm not crying, if you think I'm crying then please kill yourself because I'm not. All I did was state the facts and Lucario ***gots denied them like you for example. It's really pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom