• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who the hell is this guy anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
Lucario? Instead of Mega-Man? I'm not complaing, I'm just saying I've been playing Nintendo games for about 18 years now and I've never heard of Lucario.

Anyone wanna clue me in on what game he's from, why he's so awesome, and anything else people should know about him?

Neemo

Smash Apprentice
I know what you guys are thinking... just give him a nice answer. No flaming here!

Lucario is a new Pokemon. He had a movie made.
Thats actually the same prerequisites Mewtwo had.
Also he is better than Mewtwo.

Cinder

Smash Master
I know what you guys are thinking... just give him a nice answer. No flaming here!
Awww maaaannn...

Lucario is a new Pokemon. He had a movie made.
Thats actually the same prerequisites Mewtwo had.
Also he is better than Mewtwo.
Basically, what he said...but let me add a little more...

Lucario is the Pokemon in my avi, in case you haven't seen it...it's a steel-fighting type Pokemon, and is from Diamond and Pearl...it was one of the first 4th gen PKMN to be revealed (three years ago, actually)...it's a tough Pokemon to obtain (you need to get an egg containing its pre-evolved form, then evolve the Riolu by friendship)...

And yes, Lucario>Mewtwo...imo...

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmmmmm, interesting. A little disappointing, and after watching some gameplay videos, he looks a lot like MewTwo with a new skin.

I don't know if I can get behind his inclusion as ANOTHER Pokemon character, but he looks to be a diesel smasher.

I'll just say, I can name about 15 Nintendo Mega Man games off the top of my head. Lucario had 2....? :-/

**** IP rights.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
He is not Mewtwo with a new skin. His Up-Smash is similar and his B is similar. That is it.

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
It's Mewtwo, but Luigified to say the least. Everything else is way different. As I've said before...
Lucario's fanbase > Megaman's fanbase.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Lucario is an overrated 4th generation Pokemon in the newer games.

No, he isn't better than Mewtwo. Mewtwo was way more important and a lot cooler than him. Lucario is better at Mewtwo in terms of gameplay in Brawl when comparing Lucario with Mewtwo (from Melee, as he isn't in Brawl), but that doesn't make him a better character for the game.

Cinder

Smash Master

No, he isn't better than Mewtwo. Mewtwo was way more important and a lot cooler than him. Lucario is better at Mewtwo in terms of gameplay in Brawl when comparing Lucario with Mewtwo (from Melee, as he isn't in Brawl), but that doesn't make him a better character for the game.
Yeah...in your OPINION...I think it's the other way around...but that's just me...and apparently, Sakurai agrees with me *smirks*...

Oh, and LG...I told ya so :p...

Dynamik

Smash Cadet

Because we all know whatever you say is correct, m i rit?

MysticKenji

Smash Master
"Better" is subjective and a waste of time to argue about.

Also, Luke and Mega have about as much to do with each other as Falcon and Marth, so I don't know why you're bringing him up...

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Yeah...in your OPINION...I think it's the other way around...but that's just me...and apparently, Sakurai agrees with me *smirks*...

Oh, and LG...I told ya so :p...
Sakurai made mistakes with Melee, so he's gonna make mistakes with Brawl, what can I say?
Because we all know whatever you say is correct, m i rit?
Yes, Lucario, who's popularity comes from his piece of **** movie. At least Mewtwo's come from an okay Pokemon movie, and Mewtwo is actually important to the **** game franchise and acts as a villain to the series.

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
Well we already have 5 playable Pokemon. Did we really need a 6th? The slot would have been much better spent on Mega Man.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
No one cares about Mewtwo, Troll. Get lost. Stop Bawwing over Lucario being Top tier and Mewtwo getting dropped.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
No one cares about Mewtwo, Troll. Get lost. Stop Bawwing over Lucario being Top tier and Mewtwo getting dropped.
No one cares about Mewtwo?

Hahahahahaha. Yeah, right.

And I'm not bawwing, I'm just telling the facts here. Mewtwo is better and will always be better than Lucario and didn't deserve to be replaced. Everyone with an actual brain knows this, although apparently you don't know due to those obvious reasons.

Lucario is a fine addition, however he didn't deserve the spot Mewtwo had. I'm in no way saying he isn't a cool addition. Lucario looks very slick and cool, and seeing the 4th gen get rep is cool as its my favorite generation. However, him replacing Mewtwo is just uncalled for.

Cinder

Smash Master
Sakurai made mistakes with Melee, so he's gonna make mistakes with Brawl, what can I say?

Yes, Lucario, who's popularity comes from his piece of **** movie. At least Mewtwo's come from an okay Pokemon movie, and Mewtwo is actually important to the **** game franchise and acts as a villain to the series.
a) The only mistake Sakurai made was not putting both of them in...
b) So, you didn't like the movie...your opinion isn't the only one...I actually liked it...

Well we already have 5 playable Pokemon. Did we really need a 6th? The slot would have been much better spent on Mega Man.
Now, I flame him...

*slaps*...Pokemon Trainer is ONE rep...do you see a seperate forum for each of the Pokemon?

I don't get why you little trolls are still *****ing about it...we got Lucario...Sakurai didn't make a mistake...Lucario's in...you can't change that...

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot

just to say lucarios movies were awesome you jerk Plus if brawl was going to have mistakes, then why did he delay brawl from november 19 06, to dec 3, to feb 10, and finally to march 9 of course it's going to have mistakes, but not having a character suck on accident, plus lucario is awesome.
AND NEVER call pokemon a **** game franchise, because it's an awesome game series with a terrible rep because of the terrible tv show
you sir are a terrable person, now good day to you ma'am :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Cinder

Smash Master
just to say lucarios movies were awesome you jerk Plus if brawl was going to have mistakes, then why did he delay brawl from november 19 06, to dec 3, to feb 10, and finally to march 9 of course it's going to have mistakes, but not having a character suck on accident, plus lucario is awesome.
AND NEVER call pokemon a **** game franchise, because it's an awesome game series with a terrible rep because of the terrible tv show
you sir are a terrable person, now good day to you ma'am :mad::mad::mad::mad:
He never said it was coming out on 11/19...the game wasn't revealed until the May right before...and calm down...

No one cares about Mewtwo?

Hahahahahaha. Yeah, right.

And I'm not bawwing, I'm just telling the facts here. Mewtwo is better and will always be better than Lucario and didn't deserve to be replaced. Everyone with an actual brain knows this, although apparently you don't know due to those obvious reasons.
No...you're NOT telling the facts...you're telling us your OPINION...your opinion is not fact...and whichever one of the two is better is up to opinion...you prefer M2, I prefer Lucario...

Lucario is a fine addition, however he didn't deserve the spot Mewtwo had. I'm in no way saying he isn't a cool addition. Lucario looks very slick and cool, and seeing the 4th gen get rep is cool as its my favorite generation. However, him replacing Mewtwo is just uncalled for.
Finally, we agree on something...well...somewhat...I don't care that M2's gone, but I assumed they could both make it...oh well...all I care about is Lucario...

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
a) The only mistake Sakurai made was not putting both of them in...
b) So, you didn't like the movie...your opinion isn't the only one...I actually liked it...
A) Yeah, I agree. That's exactly the mistake.
B) The only two good Pokemon movies are 1 and 3 to be honest, how could you even like it?

Sakurai makes mistakes. With Melee, he gave tons of characters cloned movesets and included bad additions like Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Roy. The same thing is happening with Brawl, sans the cloned movesets but instead three undeserving characters are in the game: Lucario, Ness, and Sonic.

Neemo

Smash Apprentice
No, he isn't better than Mewtwo. Mewtwo was way more important and a lot cooler than him. Lucario is better at Mewtwo in terms of gameplay in Brawl when comparing Lucario with Mewtwo (from Melee, as he isn't in Brawl)...
Yes.

Yes it does.

The reason Smash has grown is hugely credited to the magnificent game play and therefore game play is a huge factor in deciding who to favor. That is why he is "better".

However had this been a Pokemon forum I would most likely agree with you that he is isn't.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Yes.

Yes it does.

The reason Smash has grown is hugely credited to the magnificent game play and therefore game play is a huge factor in deciding who to favor. That is why he is "better".

However had this been a Pokemon forum I would most likely agree with you that he is isn't.
Then tweak Mewtwo. Mewtwo deserved the spot a lot more than Lucario.

Quite honestly, I don't see why both of them can't be in. I'd love to have them team up.

Neemo

Smash Apprentice
Then tweak Mewtwo. Mewtwo deserved the spot a lot more than Lucario.

Quite honestly, I don't see why both of them can't be in. I'd love to have them team up.
It would have been a beautiful idea to tweak them to work almost perfectly as a team. A preconceived team of Lucario Mewtwo would have been something new and exciting.

However he probably could not do this and therefore gave us a new better character with the soul of our beloved Mewtwo.

antimatter

Smash Lord
again, better is an opinion. this was applied to luke, and it could be applied to you, neemo. what's done is done, lucario is in, mewtwo is out. now, the one thing i think we could agree on is mewtwo staying and jiggs going would have been an option preferred by more people.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
It would have been a beautiful idea to tweak them to work almost perfectly as a team. A preconceived team of Lucario Mewtwo would have been something new and exciting.

However he probably could not do this and therefore gave us a new better character with the soul of our beloved Mewtwo.
I don't see why not. Lucario hardly even plays like Mewtwo and borrows, like, two? of his moves. It isn't really a good way to replace a character.

Although my luckiest guess is that Sakurai tried to limit to four per series. And with Pokemon, he probably didn't want to throw away Jigglypuff since she's been in Smash since the start, so he had to throw away someone to make room for a 4th gen rep. However, I do hope this changes for Smash 4 and he can add Mewtwo again.

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
Because all the reps needs a villain. I mean the FZero franchise has a villain rep, DK has one t-OH WAIT.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Because all the reps needs a villain. I mean the FZero franchise has a villain rep, DK has one t-OH WAIT.
Yes, just as much as those series, Pokemon deserves to have a villain. F-Zero deserves to have Black Shadow and DK deserves to have K. Rool. However, it's like putting, say, Bowser in the game in Melee and then taking him out and replacing him with Bowser Jr. in Brawl.

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
Black Shadow isn't important and is unpopular. K. Rool is old and isn't noticed as much as Diddy.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
I'm glad that Lucario is in. I don't really care if Mewtwo is out, his moves weren't that good. But if he got a different moveset, I would like to see him in Brawl too. I've seen some videos of Lucario-he's a lot better than Mewtwo was in melee. I also thinks he looks cooler and is a very interesting fighter. I'm glad to see that pichu is out as well.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Black Shadow isn't important and is unpopular. K. Rool is old and isn't noticed as much as Diddy.
...The hell?

What the **** are you talking about? Black Shadow IS important to the F-Zero franchise as he actually serves as the villain. If there's a second rep, it'd be him or Samurai Goroh, although I'd hope it'd be him since Black Shadow is a better character. And yes, he does share quite enough popularity with F-Zero fans just as much as a character like Samurai Goroh would.

And saying K. Rool is old and isn't noticed is completely wrong, just about every gamer knows who K. Rool is and he still continuously appears in DK games.

Just get out of here, no one needs to see your disgusting opinions if they're just gonna be that bad.

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
You're opinions aren't disgusting? Heh.

There's a bunch of heavyweight fighters that made it in already anyway. King Dedede, Bowser, Ganondorf, DK, Charizard, etc., and each of them have a bigger fanbase than K. Rool. Plus, K. Rool's a rumored boss in the SSE.

And when was the last F-Zero game out? Goroh was even more popular than Black Shadow and he's an AT.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
You're opinions aren't disgusting? Heh.
Nope.
There's a bunch of heavyweight fighters that made it in already anyway. King Dedede, Bowser, Ganondorf, DK, Charizard, etc., and each of them have a bigger fanbase than K. Rool. Plus, K. Rool's a rumored boss in the SSE.
And?

That doesn't mean that K. Rool doesn't deserve to be in Smash. I'm not saying he should've been in Brawl, because I didn't really want him. But he's still a good and potential character and if he was in he'd be completely deserving and awesome.
And when was the last F-Zero game out? Goroh was even more popular than Black Shadow and he's an AT.
The last F-Zero game that was actually big was F-Zero GX, but what's your point? And how do you know Black Shadow is not an AT? For all we know, the whole **** F-Zero cast could be ATs.

But that's besides the point, Black Shadow and Goroh pretty much are on the same levels of popularity. If I had a choice in between the two for a candidate for Smash 4 either would just be fine.

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
That doesn't mean that K. Rool doesn't deserve to be in Smash. I'm not saying he should've been in Brawl, because I didn't really want him. But he's still a good and potential character and if he was in he'd be completely deserving and awesome.
Then there would be too much heavyweight people since most people want the game to be balanced, K. Rool would be too much.

The last F-Zero game that was actually big was F-Zero GX, but what's your point? And how do you know Black Shadow is not an AT? For all we know, the whole **** F-Zero cast could be ATs.

But that's besides the point, Black Shadow and Goroh pretty much are on the same levels of popularity. If I had a choice in between the two for a candidate for Smash 4 either would just be fine.

F-Zero GX was out waaay in '03 which is 5 years. It's too recent to consider the game retro and too old to add anyone besides Falcon. Most characters have more recent games and a bigger fanbase.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Then there would be too much heavyweight people since most people want the game to be balanced, K. Rool would be too much.
How in the hell would K. Rool be too much? That's just stupid.
F-Zero GX was out waaay in '03 which is 5 years. It's too recent to consider the game retro and too old to add anyone besides Falcon. Most characters have more recent games and a bigger fanbase.
...That doesn't make any sense.

Please, stop pulling this out of your ***, you obviously have no clue on what you're talking about. Just stop before you make a fool of yourself. I wouldn't want to embarrass you, what would your mother think if she found out you are being an idiot like this?

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
Oh thanks for informing me, I'll go argue about a character in another message board! Maybe I'll take it so seriously, that I'll just call them stupid to end an argument.

EDIT: Post aimed toward Luke.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Oh thanks for informing me, I'll go argue about a character in another message board! Maybe I'll take it so seriously, that I'll just call them stupid to end an argument.
What do you expect to be called when you're reasons for certain characters do not effect whether certain characters get in Smash or not?

All of those characters were probably not getting into Brawl, but you're saying that they'll never get in Smash? With your bull**** reasons for it? Yes, that's just STUPID. K. Rool would never add to TOO MUCH HEAVYWEIGHTS as for each **** sequel there's gonna also be a crapload of lightweight additions along with a few heavyweights, so it balances it out and makes your god**** point moot. For Black Shadow, I don't even get your last point as it didn't make any sense, but despite that Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, and a few other F-Zero racers are high potential for future candidates in Smash. Yes, there'll be another F-Zero rep some day, mark my word. Brawl is only the third game in the series, so you can't expect all deserving characters to be in and is why we didn't get much F-Zero or Metroid representation.

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
I think you have misunderstood. I said they wouldn't make it into Brawl because of the reasons I've stated. While the whole argument was happening I hadn't seen you have proof on why they should be in. I mean, too much heavyweights would be horrible and how can you tell there will be lightweights or not? Unless F-Zero makes a new game, Black Shadow is probably unknown, Smash isn't really only played by teenagers and such, kids around 7 or something might not even know who the **** Black Shadow or K. Rool are.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
WTF are you talking about?

I think you have misunderstood. I said they wouldn't make it into Brawl because of the reasons I've stated. While the whole argument was happening I hadn't seen you have proof on why they should be in. I mean, too much heavyweights would be horrible and how can you tell there will be lightweights or not? Unless F-Zero makes a new game, Black Shadow is probably unknown, Smash isn't really only played by teenagers and such, kids around 7 or something might not even know who the **** Black Shadow or K. Rool are.
Because kids around 7 now who Game and Watch is.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
But that didn't effect whether they made it in Brawl.

Sakurai had to cut some characters to make space for deserving characters like Captain Olimar, Lucas, Pit, and yes even ROB. To make a truly balanced roster, he had to have a limit and focus on developing each character and make them all original (which is quite a feat considering the amount of other features in the game like the hundreds of music tracks, the multitude of unique stages, the epic SSE story, wifi, etc. etc.). However, if he had chose K. Rool or Black Shadow over, say, Wolf, it would just be perfectly fine since they deserve it just as much as Wolf did. It doesn't matter how old they are, really. They aren't even old at all, they're both recurring villains in the series they're from and are still prominate characters even today. K. Rool even still stars in DK games even today and just about every gamer recognizes him in some form or another, and Black Shadow has been in every F-Zero game since F-Zero GX and stars as the central villain in every installment and the anime.

Hell, for an even more comparison to Wolf, they're pretty much on the exact same level as him when it comes to importance. Wolf is a recurring villain/rival in the whole Star Fox series and stars in just about every game; this is the same exact thing with K. Rool and Black Shadow. By your logic and saying that K. Rool and Black Shadow would be unrecognizable (which they probably wouldn't be with most gamers; maybe Black Shadow with kids, but with kids who don't know much about Nintendo most of the **** roster of characters would be unrecognizable), then Wolf is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom