• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who should I play as?

Bigschlang31

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,
so... My main character is Wolf, but sometimes I wanna play as someone else. What would be a good secondary character for me to start using?

I know that it should be personal preference, but I wanna know...What character makes you cringe when you see that u got matched up with him? What character pays off if you're good with him?

Thanks,
Eric

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Zamus?
<,<
>,>;

Seriously I would have to say either Metaknight of Snake.

Edit: Oh man I can't believe I forgot about G&W. He's a real pain in the *** to fight.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
DeDeDe is pretty cool. If you just want to make people cringe, then G&W. Between his uber down smash, uber key (for landing and spiking) and uber aerials, he's pretty scary.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
The 4 characters I HATE running into:

1. G&W; oh my HEAVENS he's annoying to fight. Sure, he's light as a feather, but that often doesn't mean much when he's got plenty of tools to keep you from land a SOLID blow on him.

2. Snake; well, usually. My Lucas seems to do all right against him. But he can be pretty scary to fight if played well.

3. Marth; but only because everyone can and does play as him to a certain degree of ability that just annoys you.

4. Falco; sure, Wolf is intimidating. But if you run into a GOOD Falco (which is rare)? My heavens the beatdown is on.

mR h0pkinS

Smash Rookie
diddy or sonic.

sonic is one of my mains and its a pretty aggressive playstyle if you want that.

i hate seeing diddy on the battle field because of his bananas. drive me crazy.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
I'll give you the typical generic answer, "Whoever you like to play most." Its the truth, live by it.

Or just main random.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Snake because he's the most overplayed character ever and people get annoyed when they see him.

Olimar cause hes annoing

Marth cause nobody likes him

Yoshi because.... wait no not yoshi

S2

Smash Lord
Probably would help us out TC if you whittled it down to a few characters your most interested in. Or at least what playstyle you like.

Do you like playing aggressively or defensively?

I'll recommend picking up Zelda. But that's only if you like playing a heavy defensive game.

Skylynx

Smash Rookie
I'd go with Diddy or Pokémon Trainer.

Diddy is good 'cause his attacks are quick and powerful. His sidestep is also really long. His bananas are useful, but be careful, cause others can use them against you.

Pokémon Trainer is good 'cause he's a three-in-one. The pokémon are all different and you could theoretically counter anyone if you learn how to play PokéTrainer correctly. Just be careful with Charizard. Tough char to play.

Hate bananas forever.

bobwhiz

Smash Rookie
"You're too slow, you're too slow, you're too slow, you're too slow, you're too slow, you're too slow, you're too slow, you're too slow, you're too slow, you're too slow, you're too slow, you're too slow, you're too slow, you're too slow, you're too slow."

That.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
ill suggest u to play as donkey kong:p no one plays him

chars i HATE that rly annoy me are:

ROB: I JUST HATE U ROB!!!most annoiyng thing ever
Marth: lol i hate fighting him cuz since i always choose marth and when someone else chooses him, i hate dittos
GW: **** hes like ROB but 10 times less annoiyng lol

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Whoever you have the most fun playing as is the best answer possible.
This game is so balance, any character can fare against any character.

So, give anyone a try!

KOdEx

Smash Cadet
Whoever you have the most fun playing as is the best answer possible.
This game is so balance, any character can fare against any character.

So, give anyone a try!
QFT... There really isn't a one size fits all character because if there was the game wouldn't be as fun as it is, which is why you have the option to pick the character(s) you enjoy the most. If you're not having fun you're not playing the game right(or it just might not be your game, which is ok as well). If you're asking which character gives me the best chance to win, that's a different question/debate which there are already threads for. The game is well balanced as of now for the most part.

Top Bottom