• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who should I main in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feint

Smash Rookie
Hey guys

So I still don't know what character I should main, even though I've played the game since at least 1.5 years competitively now. I play alot of melee as well, so I like fast and combo-centric characters. In melee I main Falco and use Fox and Captain Falcon as secondaries. Do any of you have suggestions as to who I should main? Characters that I play right now are Captain Falcon and Meta Knight. Characters I have used/am considering are: Diddy, Greninja, Fox, Sheik, ZSS, Luigi and finally Mario.

Thanks for your help!

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I think all those choices are pretty good. Luigi will feel difficult to get results with as you get better compared to the others.

AnEventHorizon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aneventhorizon
Hey Feint.

Firstly, I think it would be helpful if you tried each character a few times. Myself, I used a challonge bracket where I advanced characters by those I had the most fun with. I'd advise you to try the same. If you're unsure at all on a character, just play a quick 3 stock game against a Bowser (my favorite character to fight) with them - you'll often discover characters you didn't even realize you're interested in by playing them a little.

This is important because there's a lot of different things in Smash 4 compared to Melee - you don't really have a zoner/trapper like Robin in Melee, or a heavy swordsman like Ike, so how could you know if you even like that type of character?

Combo centric doesn't really fit because you're not going to be able to emulate Melee's combo's in smash - it's not like most character in Melee are specifically geared towards combos, it's the engine itself (incredible fall speed on everyone, etc) that tends to allow them. You also mentioned speed, but Melee Falco's technically not that fast in jumpsquat/run speed/ air speed, etc.

Cloud's an easy recommendation since he's incredibly easy to pick up, as well as the speed you said you wanted and disjoints like PM Marth.

Ryu or Bayonetta would be your combo centric characters, both with projectiles that can either force a reaction (both) force an approach (more Bayonetta) or cover an approach like Melee Falco (Ryu)

Dark Pit would give you speed and a projectile as well as a powerful side B to rely on in clutch moments.

Fox would fit the bill, but I think it's better to play different characters in each smash games, rather than possible mess something up when switching between games.

Mewtwo would give you the speed, combos, and pressure you want - you can treat Mewtwo's 'glass cannon' ness in the same way Falco can often die earlier from his lacking recovery.

Feint

Smash Rookie
Ok thanks guys, I guess I'll try Horizon's suggestion and test out all the characters to see who I like playing.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom