• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who should i main as my 3rd charecter

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
i have been recently playing as sheik and find her good and fun to play as but i would like to play as ike as well because he seems harder to play as and I like the challenge of playing as diffucult charecters. Right now though my two mains are link and Marth. Used to play as toon link, lucario and pikachu but got bored of them for some reason.

any advise of who i should main would be really helpful.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
...You know it's kind of impossible to use three separate characters as your main.

Since a main is who you mainly use dividing it into three completely separate sections means your not using mainly anyone. It would be more accurately to say you have 3 2nds then to say you have three mains.

By not having a main means you will develop slower then everyone else who does and thus will remain unskilled longer with the characters you use.

By the way asking the community to make such a personal decision as who you should use is kind of pointless as everyone is looking for different things and no one character plays similar to another in Brawl or even have the same feel.

I recommend going though the whole roster and playing a few rounds with each if you like the feel of the character use them if you don’t then don’t. Don’t worry about tiers or who is used the most what you should care about is will you enjoy using them to win.

Edit: ...Main Sheik/Zelda
Sheik can do true constant hit combos on everyone in the roster and once they reach around 100% switching to Zelda almost guarantees a kill when you hit them. Sheik is also very skilled in the art of gimping and is easily up in the top five in ability to stop her opponent for returning to the stage.

Watch this video it does a good job showing just a part of Sheik power. http://youtube.com/watch?v=F82clXzuxTo

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
i'm guessing it would be better to have one main as you said but also .... secondary charecter or third because there also enjoyable to play as aswell in my opinion

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Please don't double post and it's perfectly fine having seconds and thirds in fact my third is Captain Falcon.

Am I good with Captain Falcon? Hell no, but I enjoy using him in casually friendlies or against players who haven't fully gotten use to the game yet.

I was just trying to point out saying you have more then two mains just sounds silly I wasn’t saying you should main purely one character.

*shrugs*

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Tristan_win, do you count Sheik/Zelda as one character or two? I'm not sure whether to tell people that Bowser is my second or that Bowser is my third... the PT players count PT as one, usually, i think.

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
Just have 4 mains, that way you get all the characters you want to play with and makes fighting more interesting for you.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Tristan_win, do you count Sheik/Zelda as one character or two? I'm not sure whether to tell people that Bowser is my second or that Bowser is my third... the PT players count PT as one, usually, i think.
I've actually wrote like 500 word paper last night talking about that but it's not very good so I might be scraping it >,<

Anyways I consider them actually as three character Sheik, Zelda, and Sheik/Zelda all of which seem to have their own separate weakness and different advantages.

Odd I know!

But if everyone or a good number of people start thinking the same we could actually get a new character on the tier list or at least make Sheik rank with Zelda while Zelda remained by herself.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
i dont think it "weakens" you to learn many characters.

i used to hate and suck playing as ness so when i would have a shiek vs ness matchup i would find myself falling for stupid things and realized how awesome ness is.

i picked him up and enjoy playing as him once in awhile and as a result my shiek vs ness game is better.

whoever you main usually you will try to do something your enemy wont expect at least once.

for example once a match i try to get off a dash>sliding upsmash and usually can get it to sweetspot/double hit people.

playing as a character reminds you to prepare yourself for this. ness cant land a back-kick on me anymore. and i can better space myself from his f-air.

so anyway to summerize =p i dont think it weakens you at all to learn many different characters. in ss64 i played through each character against people.

in ssbb i play maybe 4? at a decent level and another 4 at a medium level.

Top Bottom