• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Recovers The Highest in Smash 4?

JipC

Smash Journeyman
I think Olimar with different amounts of Pikmin would be irrelevant, as that's his top. But Jump Shulk and high-aura Lucario might be important. Pretty sure Villager still beats them all though.
I dunno, high-aura Lucario is REALLY, REALLY stupid

Jared Coe

Smash Rookie
Remember some of these moves attack and even have super armor so i wouldn't be in such a hurry to the villager op after I've been spiked

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Remember some of these moves attack and even have super armor so i wouldn't be in such a hurry to the villager op after I've been spiked
But a lot of these aren't as easily controllable as balloon trip.

Besides, the balloons can take hits, ya know? :3

Also, yeah, Lucario's max aura recovery is stupid, but then again, so is balloon trip XD

Lucario can probably reach between 25-28 though.

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
The villager being top dog in this test doesn't surprise me in the slightest. As soon as I saw his up B I knew he would pretty much have the best recovery in the game in general.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Was that Lucario at max aura?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Hyper Monado Jump Shulk could(?) get 25, mayyyyyyyybe. I may try this out myself.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Everything here is accurate, at a base level, except maybe Link's missing 1 floor.

Sure, a lot of characters here could recover higher than that, but nothing he's done is inherently wrong. In fact, this could all be taken as just a fun video he made to see which character can jump the highest from onstage, with just double jump and upB.

Why not? There's no reason to make a video to state whether he is right or not, because what he did is just kinda entertainin.

I also have no reason why you are upset as if this video insults your ancestors x-x

I sure found it cute, albeit at a base level. Youtube is a place of free expression, so why SHOULDN'T he make something like that? No one else has, and while it could have been more accurate, now we know (Wii Fit Trainer aside) the raw jump + jump + upB potential of characters. Might help, who knows~

But getting upset at it won't solve anythin, it's just a fun video~ ^.^

Oh and as a closing statement; sure, we could all find this out ourselves. But the same applies for using the other characters' different recovery options to make them go higher. The fact is he took time out of his life to make a map specifically for this, and then proceeded to record every character, compiling them into a neat video for us.

I REALLY don't understand what's so insulting here.
Where do you get the idea that I'm insulted? I saw wrong, so I said wrong. You just contradicted yourself. You say everything is right, then go and say some people could recover higher. Tell me something, on a video of how high people could recover, don't you think missing how high somebody could recover would sorta **** it up? If that was the reason he made the video, to see how high people could recover with double jump and Up-B, then it would still be wrong. Fun or not, wrong is wrong. I really shouldn't have to tell you. It don't insult my ancestors, but I can tell you if they decided to do this here, they'd check their info first.
Like I said, it's a great idea and the videos fun, but any one who actually uses this as a reference to anything is going to be sadly misguided. You can't make something with the intention of informing, then try to play it off by saying its "fun" when all your **** is wrong.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Where do you get the idea that I'm insulted? I saw wrong, so I said wrong. You just contradicted yourself. You say everything is right, then go and say some people could recover higher. Tell me something, on a video of how high people could recover, don't you think missing how high somebody could recover would sorta **** it up? If that was the reason he made the video, to see how high people could recover with double jump and Up-B, then it would still be wrong. Fun or not, wrong is wrong. I really shouldn't have to tell you. It don't insult my ancestors, but I can tell you if they decided to do this here, they'd check their info first.
Like I said, it's a great idea and the videos fun, but any one who actually uses this as a reference to anything is going to be sadly misguided. You can't make something with the intention of informing, then try to play it off by saying its "fun" when all your **** is wrong.
Read your own post, out loud. That's where Smashboards daily sodium supply comes from.

Last edited:

Ħαχση

Smash Rookie
NNID
SSBBHDSN8
3DS FC
2509-1068-2650
R.O.B can EASILY make it to the top, just don't hold his recovery down, tap it. This makes him able to travel almost 2x as far ._.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Since when is the first jump (grounded jump) considered a part of "recovery"? Assuming we're talking about recovering from being hit off the stage, the first jump provides nothing. From there, vertical recovery has limited utility. Horizontal recovery plays a huge role as well. From there, characters' ability to stall in the air (Peach, Samus, etc.) further complicates things.

This is not a test of recovery; it is a test of who jumps the highest from the ground. =/

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
As mentioned, wario can triple his jump vertically, and doc and luigi and wii fit can get a little extra. Also, bowser jr gets an extra jump from jumping out of his side b. And of course this does not relay the horizontal distance, safety, or options (side be as an alternative for many). In melee there was a qualitative ranking of recoveries, as this game progresses we may see that. But even those dont tell the full story since they don't factor in the weight of the character.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This testing is very bad, because you cannot include a character's grounded jump as part of their recovery. It should be redone.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
This testing is very bad, because you cannot include a character's grounded jump as part of their recovery. It should be redone.
Or they could rename it to "maximum vertical height" Or "How high can can each fighter go" or something that isn't misleading but appealing.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
And yet all it takes for little Villager to be beaten is one hit that goes through those stupid balloons.

I'm not hating on Villager, but...just look at my username. You can tell who I think should have the best. Nice to see that my main has one of the best recoveries in the game though (thank goodness they didn't change it).

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
You just seemed kinda mad, so I felt you might be taking offense to this video in some way :3

And actually, I just meant that, while characters have alternate recoveries, if we just take it as is, with double jump + upB, then nothing here is wrong at all. However, I feel the title of the video SHOULD be mentioning that its who can jump higher from stage.

And I doubt the creator is trying to play off anything XD This video was most likely intended as a fun experiment on who could double jump and up B the highest.

I can see where you'd be coming from, since a lot of characters require other inputs to reach their full height potential, but since nothing but up B is used here, we can assume he only intended to use that.

It{s not particularly USEFUL, but I personally enjoyed watching it.

Also the fact you think fun is wrong scares me x.x

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You just seemed kinda mad, so I felt you might be taking offense to this video in some way :3

And actually, I just meant that, while characters have alternate recoveries, if we just take it as is, with double jump + upB, then nothing here is wrong at all. However, I feel the title of the video SHOULD be mentioning that its who can jump higher from stage.

And I doubt the creator is trying to play off anything XD This video was most likely intended as a fun experiment on who could double jump and up B the highest.

I can see where you'd be coming from, since a lot of characters require other inputs to reach their full height potential, but since nothing but up B is used here, we can assume he only intended to use that.

It{s not particularly USEFUL, but I personally enjoyed watching it.

Also the fact you think fun is wrong scares me x.x
Don't twist my words around. I never said fun is wrong. Do I look like a competitive player to you? I don't know how you got "mad" from me saying the list ain't right. If it ain't right, it ain't right. You don't get that do you? The title says highest recovery. The video shows something else. It doesn't more blatantly wrong than that. What I was saying was you can't say "oh but the video is fun" when I say it's wrong and expect me to say "oh you're right my bad". I'm "assuming" based off of what he says, which is highest recovery.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Don't twist my words around. I never said fun is wrong. Do I look like a competitive player to you? I don't know how you got "mad" from me saying the list ain't right. If it ain't right, it ain't right. You don't get that do you? The title says highest recovery. The video shows something else. It doesn't more blatantly wrong than that. What I was saying was you can't say "oh but the video is fun" when I say it's wrong and expect me to say "oh you're right my bad". I'm "assuming" based off of what he says, which is highest recovery.
Oh no, I agree, that's why I said that the title of the video should be changed XD

As it stands, you're completely right, but given the possibility that the title is a misnomer, then it does what it aims to achieve, for the most part.

At least thats what I think X3

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh no, I agree, that's why I said that the title of the video should be changed XD

As it stands, you're completely right, but given the possibility that the title is a misnomer, then it does what it aims to achieve, for the most part.

At least thats what I think X3
Good. I had a feeling you'd see it eventually.

Top Bottom