• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Recovers The Highest in Smash 4?

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Smash 4 has been out for some time, and tons of people are experimenting with the game and discovering new things. While vertical recovery is rarely an issue for characters in Smash 4, a YouTube user by the name of Smash Highlights decided to create a video showcasing the vertical recoveries of the cast from best to worst. The worst is pretty obvious, but some of the other rankings may surprise you! It just goes to show that vertical recovery and total recovery ability are very, very different.

Were you surprised by the results? Do any characters need better (or worse) recoveries? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit has to wonder - what about powered up Lucario? Follow him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
I love villager for that reason.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Characters you forgot:
  • Mewtwo :p
  • Shulk's Monado Arts
  • Powered-Up Lucario
  • A faster PK Thunder
  • Olimar with different amounts of Pikmin
Also, VILLAGER OP!!!!!! ^_^

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I think Olimar with different amounts of Pikmin would be irrelevant, as that's his top. But Jump Shulk and high-aura Lucario might be important. Pretty sure Villager still beats them all though.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This should be experimented with customs(not equipment, just custom moves). A lot of those are recovery based customs, so the results can definitely vary.

The above reason is probably why the Mii Fighters were excluded, too.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Wario's bike and waft weren't factored in :/ His recovery is definitely a lot better with those.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
FREAKING VILLAGER WHYYYJAIOJsdfiao;sdfhaoiupehfa\s
Because every single Villager move is good except grab.

EDIT: @ andalsoandy andalsoandy IDK about the bike, because that'd be hard to measure vertically, but I definitely agree, his waft would have helped.

Last edited:

GymleaderBen

Smash Apprentice
once i spiked villager from the top of a tall stage and he managed to use his recovery right above the bottom blast zone and make it all the way back up.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Villager is insane dude. Also, Shulk's result really surprises me.

Kulprit

Smash Cadet
It would be useful to know the amount would be for each without their jumps because that's what matters when you're offstage. And Link should be 1 more since the platform moved.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
As usual, Villager scarily comes out on top :p I suppose that balloon recovery of his was a clear winner now that I think about it!

Awesome little vid though! Gives a good idea of recoveries :)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
As usual, Villager scarily comes out on top :p I suppose that balloon recovery of his was a clear winner now that I think about it!

Awesome little vid though! Gives a good idea of recoveries :)
It's not the safest recovery if you use it willy-nilly, since it's kinda slow, but damn, does it go far. I'd say Lucario at max aura potential might beat him though.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
How about horizontal recoveries? Some of them would be the same (and Villager could go infinite), but most of them would be different (for example Little Mac might go further than Wii Fit Trainer).

Ephemiel

Smash Cadet
Anyone else feel like this is a bit....wrong? Lucario at different % wasn't used, Jump Art Shulk wasn't used, Wario's little motorcycle wafting thing wasn't used.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
This video wasn't very efficiently made.
Different factors weren't accounted for, and why were the platforms moving. The video goes so fast.

BSP

Smash Legend
Pac-Man's side B wasn't used, and that makes a huge difference in recovery potential, even vertically. Other specials like Doc Tornado, Luigi Nado, etc. were neglected as well. Still, good effort.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Not buying it. The list is bull****, calling it now. Too many things not accounted for.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Not surprised by the results, but by the use of the stage builder for it. Nod bad Smashboards, not bad.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Smash 4 has been out for some time, and tons of people are experimenting with the game and discovering new things. While vertical recovery is rarely an issue for characters in Smash 4, a YouTube user by the name of Smash Highlights decided to create a video showcasing the vertical recoveries of the cast from best to worst. The worst is pretty obvious, but some of the other rankings may surprise you! It just goes to show that vertical recovery and total recovery ability are very, very different.

Were you surprised by the results? Do any characters need better (or worse) recoveries? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit has to wonder - what about powered up Lucario? Follow him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.
They didn't get Shulk's second attack with Air Slash (would boost him up two floors)

Last edited:
Top Bottom