• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Recovers The Highest in Smash 4?

Acurutax

Smash Rookie
its a fun movie by all means but it doesn't exactly prove anything besides a good joke about villager, doesn't it?

I mean multiple character has mad good vertical recovery and some are just generaly wrong:
10: Peach, floating
11: Jigglypuff would reach 12th if she air dodged (I believe)
14: Fox can side b and firebird in 1 jump.
15: Lucario, what percentage is he at? 0% ? who falls at 0%?
16: Falco, again, side b and firebird.
16: Pikachu can change his direction, even slightly which would make him go much higher.

And that is just the top of my head.. mario bros. tornado and several other characters side b will help them recover, many of them will get higher due to it.

this is funny... but its not accurate.. I dunno what they were going for. maybe im taking it a bit too serious.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
its a fun movie by all means but it doesn't exactly prove anything besides a good joke about villager, doesn't it?

I mean multiple character has mad good vertical recovery and some are just generaly wrong:
10: Peach, floating
11: Jigglypuff would reach 12th if she air dodged (I believe)
14: Fox can side b and firebird in 1 jump.
15: Lucario, what percentage is he at? 0% ? who falls at 0%?
16: Falco, again, side b and firebird.
16: Pikachu can change his direction, even slightly which would make him go much higher.

And that is just the top of my head.. mario bros. tornado and several other characters side b will help them recover, many of them will get higher due to it.

this is funny... but its not accurate.. I dunno what they were going for. maybe im taking it a bit too serious.
Peach doesnt go higher when floating
Jiggly has really bad vertical jumps. Maybe using pound?
Fox's side b doesn't vertical
Falco, same thing
Pikachu can go vertically twice, apparently, but its hard to do. I still can't =P

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'm sure we all saw #1 coming.

In all seriousness, :4villager: might have the best recovery out of anyone. He has infinite recovery after launched to the side by using a held Lloid Rocket, and nearly infinite recovery while falling by using Balloon Trip. This is part of why he is a high-tier character.

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
I wouldn't count the jump off the ground as part of the recovery.

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
there is not too much of a surprise here... Villager pretty much has been ruling this department from the moment people got the demo! I know that he/she (the maker of this video) forgot to get the characters boosts to their jumps(AKA Monado Arts) but i think he/she meant their general and stanard recovery with no advantages of disadvantages.... I dont really know all of this stuff it is just an educated assumption but nevertheless a very interesting video:D

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Anyone else feel like this is a bit....wrong? Lucario at different % wasn't used, Jump Art Shulk wasn't used, Wario's little motorcycle wafting thing wasn't used.
Jump shulk was used (you can see the glow)(but he didn't double strike) , but several could be better, yes.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Didn't recover with ROB right. You're supposed to tap B rapidly.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Came back to say this Experiment is fun to try, & ofc some aren't accurate, but I made the exact same stage layout except the moving platforms are straight & aligned so that no one can miss them while recovering upwards.

Jump Shulk at max performance lands on the 18th platform. That 2nd slash makes the world of difference.:shades:

And lols that Lucario's ExtremeSpeed at max Aura alone goes 26 platforms high all by itself. When I Full Hopped & DoubleJumped, Lucario cleared 8 platforms, so math means Lucario clears 34 platforms. Scary.

EDIT:
Didn't recover with ROB right. You're supposed to tap B rapidly.
When I did this with ROB tapping B rapidly, he went beyond the maximum height you can make in Stage Builder. My max is 28 whereas the video's is 27, but still, I'd say ROB's maximum vertical height is 31 from eyeballing it.

Actually from testing with using the Robo Burner by itself I was getting 25 platforms, & ROB clears 8 platforms when using his Full Hop & DoubleJump. 4 if you only wanna count the DoubleJump, so overall ROB can clear 33 using his maximum vertical recovery. Still scary.

And a Robo Burner without any spare gas can clear 6 platforms, which is better than several Up Specials.:shades:

Last edited:

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
When I did this with ROB tapping B rapidly, he went beyond the maximum height you can make in Stage Builder. My max is 28 whereas the video's is 27, but still, I'd say ROB's maximum vertical height is 31 from eyeballing it.

Actually from testing with using the Robo Burner by itself I was getting 25 platforms, & ROB clears 8 platforms when using his Full Hop & DoubleJump. 4 if you only wanna count the DoubleJump, so overall ROB can clear 33 using his maximum vertical recovery. Still scary.

And a Robo Burner without any spare gas can clear 6 platforms, which is better than several Up Specials.:shades:
Beepos don't even knowwww
#robswag

Top Bottom