• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who likes melee's luigi more thans brawl's?

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
im making this because, playing with luigi in melee is like, funnyer.. i dont know for u guys..maybe is becausethe fact that i like more melee than brawl, but like, the melee's luigi is funnyer ? like, playing with him..

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
so randal u stoped playing melee right? thats so bad.. lets make melee be a playble game again bro, letsmake this game to be a tourney again man..

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
On the contrary, I pretty much stopped playing Brawl.

I'll do my best to fuel some Melee interest where I am, but bear in mind that I'm in Canada and you're in Venezuela so I'm not sure what I can do to help your community! :)

That is, unless you're talking to Randall the Cloud...

In which case, he's on Yoshi's Island.

Which also isn't in Venezuela.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
nono doesnt matter for that, in venezuela the comunity is com[letly pver melee, all of us are playing melee, but in im rig now in usa aim leaving this wednesday, and a lot of people is playing brawl. Im saying this to the smash comunity not to a specific country's smas comunity... XD, is a lot of people playing melee there?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Well, there's a very real divide in the community right now. This is largely due to the influx of new Brawl players who really have no concept of what competitive Melee was about and their sheer volume often makes the legitimate argument of Melee players seem watered down.

In Canada, there are still Melee players, but I don't think anyone is playing Melee in tournaments--at least not to the extent that they were before Brawl's release. I may have enough influence to revive a Melee community at least in my province, but I can't speak to what will happen elsewhere across the country. Geographically speaking, Canada is a very different tournament scene than Venezuela due to sheer distance and it makes for smaller sub-communities forming their own standards and rules without even noticing what happens in provinces on the other side of the nation. We'll see, I guess. I kinda want to wait until some of the heat dies down with regards to pro-Melee and anti-Melee players first.

Either way, if you want to make a statement to the ENTIRE smash community, I'm not sure the Luigi forums is the best place to do it. :) In fact, I'm pretty sure there's no way to make a statement that will be heard by the entire smash community. It's too large.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
i knw that bro, know that XD, but well, i want to start from somewhere..The and in venexzuela te thing is all on melee, and i know how is canada XD, dont worry man XD.. Ur not hosting anymore tourneys right?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Not anymore. At least not yet. I have yet to decide if and how I'm going to go about handling the existing tournament scene around here.

Amide

Smash Lord
Luigi Melee: Low Tier

Luigi Brawl: Probable mid tier

The wavedash didn't make him amazing in Melee.

chili

Smash Cadet
I like Melee Luigi more. He was just a ton of fun to play. Wavedashing with him in front of people who have never seen wavedashing before was always fun. I also loved his aerials.

They didn't change him that much in Brawl (at least the way I played him) besides wavedashing in the like, but there's just something about him that I don't like. Melee Luigi ftw.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Luigi Melee: Low Tier

Luigi Brawl: Probable mid tier

The wavedash didn't make him amazing in Melee.

I believe what you mean to say is, "Wavedashing made Melee amazing, therefore Luigi was THE MAN and the games are so different that comparing a character's relative position in the tier list has no bearing whatsoever." :)

Like I said, even Roy is a better Luigi than Brawl's Luigi. By default!

HyperDragon

Smash Apprentice
I would have to say I like Luigi in Melee better because of the wavedash.

...and the misfire...

Top Bottom