• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your secondary character?

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Awkward zones? Are they anything like my charts?
Yes and no. They are similar to your charts in that they are palces where the moveset doesn't connect, by more importanty, they indicate a set dstance where the opponent feels uncomfortable initiating a response. That;s why it's an awkward zone. To far away, and a player would just move to attack or regain proper spacing. To close, the player will initiate attack. at just the right distance and height, you can really cripple even the best of players, putting them out of a comfortable range. To demonstrate this stand right outside of ike's fsmash hit box. He won't want to charge quick draw becasue he'll feel your too close. Odds are he'll try to rush you with a dsah attack, or roll back wards. eitherway, the feild switches from his control(or nuetral control) to your control. Pressure him with a shield while standing in that position, and you can force him to roll backwards. If he doesn't know his own range too well, he may even try to fsmash you. If he's more competent, he may charge his Fsmash hoping you'll excpect it instantly and mistime your attack. Either way. YOu can pretty much stand their and laugh at him until he does something stupid. And it's not a matter of if he screws up, it's when.

Similar Awkwards zones are all ove rthe place for different characters. Heavy aerial characters won't care as much. becasue a jump kinda moves them enough so hat they will feel safe. Of course youy can force the jump, which in a sense still accomplishes your goal, no?

I'm wirking on finding more Awkward Zones as aI build a categorization system. I hope it's quite apparent that without the categorization system, it becomes harder to predict these things. A more IR Ike will roll backwards. A more IA ike may attempt an attack, ect.

This post is going up in categorization thread as well.

Top Bottom