• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is Your New Main?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Probably still a mix of swordfighters and zs samus,

I do occassionally dip into heavy fighter so hopefully Ridley is decent and not completely off to the side like dedede
Not sure on Inkling yet, I occasionally use G&W, Sonic, and a few others so hopefully they are fun to play and join that group
Never play peach so i probably wont play daisy that much either

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Dedede and Ivysaur and probably also Lucas and Zelda.
And occasionally Pichu, for old times sake.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Always gonna be Link but now I got 3 to choose from! Probably gonna be heavily debated between Link and Young Link. Toon was never my favorite...

Also interested in Cloud, Ridley, and Bowser.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mainstays: :4mario::4pit:(:4darkpit:counted):rosalina:
Substays: :4duckhunt::4sonic::4tlink:
People Imma try out: :wolf::4peach:/Daisy, Ridley):4samus:

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
After hearing Sakurai say that there won't be as many newcomers as before, and seeing that BOTW Link hasn't changed that much from TP Link, and Mario not having Cappy in his moveset. I fear that having Rex and Pyra in the game might be too soon for them since their game just came out last year (Let's hope they are dlc at least). If that's the case then I hope Elma makes it in (Which I feel is very likely) and I can main her. But if neither of them make it in then i'll just stick to Sheik and Corrin.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, Pichu. Loved them in Melee and so glad they're back. Zeldas new look is also drawing me towards her more than ever before. Peach is also lookin great but she wouldn't be a new main.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
My main will still be Wario like always, however my secondary might change.

Xman321

Smash Apprentice
I can’t abandon Megaman, even if Custom Moves don’t come back (I’ll miss you, Beat/Shadow Shield) I have to stick with him. I absolutely love how he plays and I’m glad it seems nothing changed.

However I’ll be messing around with Ridley and Inkling, and Daisy/Peach will totally be up on my list of fighters, not too far behind my other mains from previous games, Kirby, Dr. Mario, and Sonic.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure on which character I'll settle with, but for now, I'll most likely think about trying out the three characters I've used in the last games and decide from there. Competitive jargon and frame data / hitbox stuff make me lost, so I generally don't think about that stuff. Instead, I think about the moveset and if it's fun.

:4drmario::4dedede::4bayonetta:

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Always and forever main: :4diddy:
Always and forever secondaries: :4dk::4myfriends::4mewtwo:* (Mewtwo maybe, neglected him a lot since Smash 4)
Depends on how they play: :4marth::4lucina::4pikachu::4link::4ness::4sheik:* (Sheik only if Impa is a Echo)
Looks real interessting now: :4ganondorf::younglinkmelee:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I've been waiting for Snake to return for years, and since he looks mostly unchanged (I'm looking at you Down-Smash), I'll definitely be putting in many hours playing as him.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't know, i have to play the game, and whichever character i feel suits my playstyle will be it.
Yeah, that's how I'm approaching it. I want my main to be Daisy because I've just been waiting for her to be included, but I've never really enjoyed playing Peach before. So either I force myself into the playstyle to represent one of my favorite characters, or I let the right playstyle find me.

Since we're getting literally every character back, I'm going to approach this game with the mindset of "try EVERYBODY", then decide.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Theeeere's a lot of characters I love in this roster and I think it's waaaay too early to figure out who to absolutely main, but I can say who I'm geared up to try out first. Wario and Pokemon Trainer (The Leaf alt gives me so much happiness) are definite firsts for me and very likely candidates- the changes to both so far make me very optimistic. I loved playing as Young Link in Melee, so I'm definitely giving him a new shot. Both Zelda and Ganondorf are looking really good in terms of appearance AND improvements. Mega Man, Snake, Ike, Daisy, and Wolf are fan favorites.

At the end of the day, I'll probably give just about everyone a shot.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
As of now, I've decided on Daisy, Young Link, Wolf, and Corrin. Definitely gonna try BotW Link and Inkling, too.

LunaValkyrie

Smash Rookie
I actually got pretty rusty with my Smash skills since I didn't really play either the 3DS or the Wii U game as much as I hoped I would, so I'm all for trying anyone. While I hope to main Daisy (she's been my girl since Mario Party 8 because I love her design and spunky attitude), Inkling (the designs are just super cute, plus I just love the versatility between the various weapons), or Marth (because it's been waaayyy too long since I really sat down to play him, also his render is amazing and it's great to hear Yuri Lowenthal), I don't really know who I'll end up maining. Tbh, I didn't expect to be a ZSS main at all when I did get briefly invested into Smash 4, so things could always change.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
From what I could tell from playing them, Inklings have a strong possibility of joining my lineup of characters I play. Nice mix of close and mid-ranged attacks.

Also: If you're an Ike main, I have a feeling you'll like the new Ganondorf. His smashes feel a lot like Ike's.

Last edited:

Chameleos

Smash Rookie
Wolf because I never got to practice with him as much as I would have liked to in Brawl, so it's nice to see him back in Smash.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm sticking with Palutena but will most definately try to secondary Pichu/Pika Libre.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I was primarily a ROB main in smash 4. I don't think I'll be returning to him this time around, but we'll see.

Otherwise, I want to try :4falcon:, :wolf:, and :younglinkmelee:. I'm really excited to have them included and I hope to see what they can offer. I'll also look into playing :4marth:, :snake:, and :4olimar:.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I was highly disappointed in Marth when I played him in the demo. Loved Ice Climbers. Looking likely that they will be my mains. Didn't have the chance to try out Inkling or Ridley, though.

D

Deleted member

Got to stay with my main man Sonic I will also try snake Falco and explore Greninja some more

Last edited by a moderator:

Triforce Uchiha

Smash Rookie
TBH I can't wait try out Wolf, Young Link & Pokemon Trainer. I'm really interested in Wolf's play style and what was put on display for us. Also Pokemon Trainer looks very interesting as technically you could have 3 play styles to transition to for any given situation. Also, I'm really glad Shulk got a Buff for his Monado Arts. I've learned to play with him as my secondary without using his arts but hopefully no longer. I was nervous Nintendo was going to remove him completely for SSBV but i'm glad to see the changes they've made. A Lot more people will main him in Ultimate hopefully.

Electric-Gecko

Smash Cadet
I really want Pit to be my main again, but the Pit that I liked was the one in Brawl. But it looks like they're using the SSB4 version of him. Dark Pit is not important as a character, so to me the only reason he should have been included in the first place was so they could make a new Pit moveset while keeping the old one. But it looks like they're using the new version of Pit, sadly for me.

I never really decided who my main was in Smash 4, but probably Princess Zelda. It might remain her in Smash Ultimate.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Mewtwo will stay my main. Secondaries will be Ness and Pokemon Trainer in no particular order. Then Pichu, Lucas, Samus, and Marth. Can't decide if I'll play more Samus or more Marth.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
From the Starting Roster:
Definitely Link

For Unlockables:
Probably Pichu (although Bowser and Snake are Potential Options)

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Leaning towards Olimar, Dedede, or Wii Fit Trainer. Though I'm also really interested in Pit, Miis, Ice Climbers and Wario.

Ignitus

Smash Rookie
I'll main Lucina and play Marth oftenly, too. Generally, I prefer characters with fine mobility and long disjointed range to control space well.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It should be obvious, since I'm a loyalist. I use Sheik as a secondary, but for SSBU, I'm going to use Samus, try Zero Suit Samus (again), and Ridley.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
It should be obvious, since I'm a loyalist. I use Sheik as a secondary, but for SSBU, I'm going to use Samus, try Zero Suit Samus (again), and Ridley.
It warms my heart seeing fellow loyalists.

These new characters are cool but my heart belongs to another.

Top Bottom