• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who IS this best Luigi around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
I'm just curious. No offence to Azen or anything, he's an amazing player, but are there better out there? I can play almost exactly like Azen, so I'm curious as to if I'm missing something here. I remember watching ( I think his name was..) Kev's Luigi vs. a Ness and he was quite impressive. Azen has a really good Luigi, but I was expecting more considering people always talk about how he is the best. Any other people around that got some mean Luigis? I'll be trying to get some videos soon.

-Aqua

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I'm just curious. No offence to Azen or anything, he's an amazing player, but are there better out there? I can play almost exactly like Azen, so I'm curious as to if I'm missing something here. I remember watching ( I think his name was..) Kev's Luigi vs. a Ness and he was quite impressive. Azen has a really good Luigi, but I was expecting more considering people always talk about how he is the best. Any other people around that got some mean Luigis? I'll be trying to get some videos soon.

-Aqua
Win or place a couple of major Smash tournaments and then maybe we'll take you seriously.

Azen's Luigi isn't as fast as Ultra Luigi's, and not as flashy as Ka Master, but he wins his matches, against very good people. Check out some other videos of mathos, chillindude, and MikeG to see why that's such an accomplishment.

What makes Azen great, with any character, is that he knows the right move to use for every situation. He plays Marth the same way: it looks like he's just spamming the F-Smash, but he wins tournaments because he spams in all the right places, at all the right times. And that is so much easier said than done.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Uhh yeah, I'm the best Luigi. LOL well hey atleast I got G-reg's Falcon down to 1 stock and like 140%.. Ok so I'm not the best Luigi. There's already a thread on this use the search engine.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
I never claimed to be as good as Azen...but watching him play isn't anything amazing. That's all I meant. Like I said...Kev's video seemed more impressive to me, but then maybe I just saw crappy Azen vids and good Kev ones? I'm not gloating about myself..I think you guys understood this all wrong. But I still got my answer shuffled amongst all the insults. So he's the best. Thanks...and not so much thanks to all you guys who decided to take my question as bragging. Haha. But its cool..I guess that's normally what people try to do on here..not what I was trying to do, though. You guys don't have to get so angry. One of the first things I said was that I knew he was an amazing player. Any other good luigi vids out there, though? Any would be nice.

-Aaron

nublet06

Smash Lord
I dont understand why you were expecting more.

its luigi......and its against one of the best peach players.....fox player....great falco players. Azen is the ****.

just type in ssbm and luigi at youtube....google.

Gea

Smash Master
Azen isn't flashy. He just plays well. Does the right thing at the right time. That is what makes him good.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Makes sense. If you look at it from that point of view, it makes a whole bunch more sense as to why people say he's the best. And I know that's one of the hardest things to judge from a video...common sense. But thanks for the *polite* reply. Lol

Drephen

Smash Master
why is that people think

flashy = good ?

think this was why noobs thought zelgadis was the best fox

why is that people think

flashy = good ?

think this was why noobs thought zelgadis was the best fox
umm, his fox is the best...
LOL j/k
ive heard ppl talk down on ken cause hes not flashy. ppl need to figure it out or gtfo:laugh:
i still havent seen azens luigi so i cant say :(
on top of that, i havent played it so i really cant say :( :(

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
I never claimed to be as good as Azen...but watching him play isn't anything amazing. That's all I meant. Like I said...Kev's video seemed more impressive to me, but then maybe I just saw crappy Azen vids and good Kev ones? I'm not gloating about myself..I think you guys understood this all wrong. But I still got my answer shuffled amongst all the insults. So he's the best. Thanks...and not so much thanks to all you guys who decided to take my question as bragging. Haha. But its cool..I guess that's normally what people try to do on here..not what I was trying to do, though. You guys don't have to get so angry. One of the first things I said was that I knew he was an amazing player. Any other good luigi vids out there, though? Any would be nice.

-Aaron
You will very very rarely get a correct feel for how good someone actually is just by watching them on video unless you have already played them, or are better than they are.

Azen is probably the worst for this because he's deceptively good. He doesn't look like he's really doing anything special, yet he keeps winning.

RaRaRachael

Smash Ace
hmm, thanks SmashGod! The points for men keep stacking up on this website and btw, Nightmare hates me. kthx bye. CMart is the best at Luigi =P

cmart

Smash Lord
hmm, thanks SmashGod! The points for men keep stacking up on this website and btw, Nightmare hates me. kthx bye. CMart is the best at Luigi =P
Hmmm. I had to tell Nightmare this at one point too, but I really don't appreciate people name-dropping me like the rest of TA does. I know you're joking (at least I hope so), but still I don't like to see my name come up like that.

On topic Azen is clearly the best Luigi. His results speak for themselves.

Edit: Oh and vids are really deceptive. You should never base much off of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom