• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who is the easiest character to master

m2smart

Smash Rookie
i am really good at smash bros. i have mastered everything, i can play withb any character. but i want some opinions on who is the easiest character to play with.

eski

Smash Rookie
In my honest opinion, it would be Mario. His attacks are really basic, and you don't need to really have to worry about missing short hops or wave dashes. He's a great all around character, decent recovery, his smashes are okay, so to answer your question, Mario.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
shiek is BY FAR the easiest character to use in tournament level play. mario is easy to use, but he is very difficult to use in tournament level play. fox and falco have the best movesets, and can smash spam extremely effectively at a lower level, but arnt actually that easy to master.

characters that dont rely on wavedashing and L cancels are often considered the easiest, such as shiek (though i will press an arguement that shiek is worthless without her wavedash, others disagree with me) jiggilypuff, peach, ect. these characters and perform exeptionally well without impressive finger ability.

link, for this reason, would probably be a high tier character in low level play, but is considered low tier in high level play.

same with mewtwo.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Most would say Sheik because how quickly you can become a threat with her but since we are talking about mastering then Zelda is your girl.

Zelda is played fairly slow so complex musical memory is not needed.
Zelda has no unique special moves besides her normal B moves.

So if you wish to master someone really quickly pick up Zelda because she all comes down to is strategies and basic moment.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I honestly think that playing "good" as Shiek takes almost no skill..
But that's with low level play. It would be a bit harder with adding Shffl'ing and all advanced techniques.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
to all those saying sheik, you have no idea what you are talking about. when was the last time a sheik won a top tourney? its been a long time. FCD - top three were marth/fox, falco/fox, and IC (M2K, PC, Chu).

sheik is easy to pick up, however not as easy as fox or falco in high level play. her short WD and dashdance take away from her tech chase game, and her sh needle is only situational, her jab is fast in all respects but still nowhere as good as a shine, has a hard time killing (fair is easy to DI, and bair hard to sweetspot), can only kill off the sides for the most part, and her recovery is so laggy that once you edge hog her you can easly kill her if she goes onto the stage.

That said, if you want to do good in a tournament, play fox or falco. Or marth (with imba range/priority).

Binx

Smash Master
There is no mastering a character, the easiest characters to do the moves for are Mario and Doc Mario, but the easiest characters to combo with are Shiek and Falco, but the people with the best prediction skills and the most unpredictable gameplay are going to win most of the time almost regardless of the match up.

Eaode

Smash Champion
to all those saying sheik, you have no idea what you are talking about. when was the last time a sheik won a top tourney? its been a long time. FCD - top three were marth/fox, falco/fox, and IC (M2K, PC, Chu).

sheik is easy to pick up, however not as easy as fox or falco in high level play. her short WD and dashdance take away from her tech chase game, and her sh needle is only situational, her jab is fast in all respects but still nowhere as good as a shine, has a hard time killing (fair is easy to DI, and bair hard to sweetspot), can only kill off the sides for the most part, and her recovery is so laggy that once you edge hog her you can easly kill her if she goes onto the stage.

That said, if you want to do good in a tournament, play fox or falco. Or marth (with imba range/priority).
He said EASIEST

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
i am really good at smash bros. i have mastered everything, i can play withb any character. but i want some opinions on who is the easiest character to play with.
You seem to be asking two questions, one in the thread topic and one in your post.

Sheik is the easiest character to pick up and play. The easiest character to master is Giga Bowser.

Obikun

Smash Apprentice
Easiest to play with? Shiek. Best character to use for a tourney? Maybe fox, falco or marth. Also, somehow I find jigglypuff a very easy character to pick up and use.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Are you saying easiest to win at tournies??? Or easiest to master tech skill???

The first would be fox and the second would be sheik!

/close

shyo2

Smash Rookie
Those placed high on the tier list, obviously. Fox, Falco, Shiek, Marth, C.Falcon...

pockyD

Smash Legend
to all those saying sheik, you have no idea what you are talking about. when was the last time a sheik won a top tourney? its been a long time.
2.5 months ago, which is the last major event kdj attended (MLG NY)

if you just want to "master" a character, i don't think it gets much easier than zelda or jiggs, though you probably aren't going to win any tournaments with them

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
2.5 months ago, which is the last major event kdj attended (MLG NY)

if you just want to "master" a character, i don't think it gets much easier than zelda or jiggs, though you probably aren't going to win any tournaments with them
Dang, I was about to post that.

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
Well, it really depends on the level of play.

At the VERY early level: Peach, Sheik, Fox

At the Middle of your abilities (just learned to Shorthop, and is very good with rolling, shields, aerials, edge-hogging): Peach, Sheik, Marth, Falco.

When you are very good: Consult tier list.

Mr. Emcee

Smash Cadet
Half the people in this thread are either arrogant or delusional, because mastering high level Fox and Falco play is extremely difficult.

Marth or Sheik.

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
At the Middle of your abilities (just learned to Shorthop, and is very good with rolling, shields, aerials, edge-hogging): Peach, Sheik, Marth, Falco.
How can you be good at rolling and the rest of that nonsense?

Shield: You press R.
Roll: You press left or right while holding R.
Aerial: You press A while in the air. If in need of a better aerial, consult AfroNinja's video.
Edgehogging: You grab the edge and press R at the right time.

Walgreens Pharmacist

Smash Apprentice
There's no way that Fox is the easiest character to master. Your thinking of the easiest character to play with maybe...
naw, he's thinking about the best character in the game.

easiest to master, probably Marth, you don't need extreme finger speed, combos play out themselves, need basic wavedashing skills to sweet spot correctly.

the only things you really need to be extremely good at are edge hogging and L-Canceling

mario-man

Smash Lord
In my honest opinion, it would be Mario. His attacks are really basic, and you don't need to really have to worry about missing short hops or wave dashes. He's a great all around character, decent recovery, his smashes are okay, so to answer your question, Mario.
He said "master". This means that you're saying it would be easy to be as good as Eggz. No sir. Doc is waaaaay easier to master. I'd have to say Sheik is easiest to master.

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
How can you be good at rolling and the rest of that nonsense?

Shield: You press R.
Roll: You press left or right while holding R.
Aerial: You press A while in the air. If in need of a better aerial, consult AfroNinja's video.
Edgehogging: You grab the edge and press R at the right time.
Lol, I didn't mean the CAPABILITY to use these. I meant the ability to time it properl.

Shield to early and they change their mind and grab you.

Roll to early and.... well, I don't think I need to explain.

I'm sure we all went through that stage long ago where we stuck to ground attacks rarely using our aerials.

For a long time, many people (such as me) didn't know of the existence of edge-hogging until visiting smash-boards.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Game & Watch. To quote the mighty Mew2King:

m2k said:
Spam a lotta fairs and cc down tilts.
But really, there isn't much to G&W. 80% of my offense is fair and dtilt. He has a few other moves that are good (aerials, utile, grab), it's all about hitting with them at the right time. G&W's offense metagame is very shallow IMO. You just have to play smart, be quick and space his moves correctly.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
GW's one of the easiest to grasp the technical aspect of, definitely not the easiest to win with.... And unless your spacing is amazing, you will not get anywhere with him.. :p

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
With G&W, I time all of my moves so they hit my opponent as soon as their invincibility ends or they are exposed otherwise.

If that makes sense >_>

Like if they tech roll or something, I time my fair to hit them as the soonest possible moment that they're not invincible afterwards.

Chris7x

Smash Cadet
The easiest character to master is Giga Bowser.
I personally think its suicide picking Giga Bowser, you can get ko'd in a couple of seconds by a fox or shiek. He is a HUGE target and is easily juggled. The only pros are ungrabbable, has really nice grab a, nice grab range, nice throw combo, unlimited fire breath for edgeguard, dsmash freeze spam, and when he rolls he goes really far.

@ topic starter: As good as he sounds, avoid him. I've been using him for a while and its not worth it. Go with shiek imo. Just get good at edguarding with a combo>fair. If winning alot means mastering. Hes easy to play and easy to master. Fox is pretty hard to get good with to me.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I don't see why you can't pick up Kirby/DK as fast as Marth/Sheik. Marth and Sheik are more difficult to truly master IMO

Top Bottom