• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who is the best olimar player?

asob4

Smash Champion
echo and DSF are the only ones to prove themselves so far
after UCLA VI socal will probably have a definitive oli.... me or DSF =P

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
No one yet, this game is too new.
Agreed. Some players get to a certain level of mastery and then never excel, but they get there more quickly then others. For some it takes a while longer to reach that level, but when they get there they exceed that already set level of mastery. This has probably already happened numerous times in Brawl, and its only been out a very short time.

Lets wait a year and ask this question again when more people start making videos and more tournaments are being held.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Us Europeans are trying to do the same thing, find the best Olimar.

Zori

Smash Champion
Right now nobody is because there is no olimar metagame look at this video

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4_iyIBcGpNA&feature=related Mr.X plays diffrent from everyone here he seems to throw pikmin till opponent is close then use smash attacks. Some might call this spamming but it works

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiBp8ysQIX8 Hopefully this puts a end to people saying echo is the best. He has not made a video in 2 months i dont know about you but i have improved in 2 months but dont get me wrong echo is good but also look at his opponents that rob did not use glide toss or sidestep to downsmash (given some of these tech where not out at the time) also look at that meta player if metanight where that easy i would have an easy life. The only reason people act like hes god is because he had the game way before us.

As far as DSF just because he plays in the finals with gimpyfish ONE TIME (he lost btw) does not make him the best player its like someone using yoshi nobody knows how to play against one and nobody understood olimar at the time. He has not played olimar sense and now has played marth and snake ever sence.

So nobody is good :s

Inb4flames

shanus

Smash Hero
Nobody yet is the best olimar, there are plenty of good ones, but not one individual clearly shines above the others

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
that was a joke, but seriously, I am the best Olimar player.

edit: jk, but i think i'm good though. the friend I play with the most has figured out my olimar with sheik. he makes me look kinda dumb and he'll make decisions he'd only make against me, b/c he knows how I play. (Even though i win most the time) Against, say, a player that doesn't play specifically the ME form of Olimar, i'm pretty darn good. They may just not have much practice v olimar in general, or i might be the shiznit of the smash community. :)

I don't post videos, not b/c i don't want to, but b/c i can't really as of now. (idk how to post vids with the equipment I currently have. equipment=camera)I guess i could post an insanely long series of pictures and form it into a flash video. It could be frame by frame animation. I'd have to get another friend to do the filming part though. Plus I could put the picture taking speed at like 7pics a second max.

But seriously, I am the best Olimar player.:) /end edit

pesticide

Smash Lord
there is no ONE best olimar player right now. there are a few that shine above the others, but there is no BEST olimar player right now. the game is too new.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
theres no way to know yet as everyone says.... but forte compared my oli to nc-echos at the last tourny :p i asked him whose was better and he said its hard to tell... on battlefield he said it seemed like mine, but on final destination it seemed like nc's was better :p

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
I'll have some olimar vids for you guys in a bit here. There's some sets from me and dope in teams, and then a couple sets of singles. I beat dope in singles, twice btw, mwahahahaha. And there should be a set of me vs overswarm up soon too. Overswarm is like the best ROB in the midwest right now, but I took him to game 3=/. BTW, my strongest piece of advice, FOR ANY OLIMAR TOURNAMENT PLAYER, IF YOU ONLY PLAN ON GOING OLIMAR IN A TOURNAMENT, BAN RAINBOW CRUISE. I just got done with a tourney on Saturday. Out of the all the sets I played, EVERY person counterpicked me on Cruise, until I banned it on like the last 2 sets.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rainbow Cruise is ALLOWED??? what the heck? that's so jacked up

_Vulcan_

Smash Cadet
No one will kno cos there may be ppl (like me ) who are good with oli but dont/cant show the world with videos......

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll have some olimar vids for you guys in a bit here. There's some sets from me and dope in teams, and then a couple sets of singles. I beat dope in singles, twice btw, mwahahahaha. And there should be a set of me vs overswarm up soon too. Overswarm is like the best ROB in the world forever but I took him to game 3=/. BTW, my strongest piece of advice, FOR ANY OLIMAR TOURNAMENT PLAYER, IF YOU ONLY PLAN ON GOING OLIMAR IN A TOURNAMENT, BAN RAINBOW CRUISE. I just got done with a tourney on Saturday. Out of the all the sets I played, EVERY person counterpicked me on Cruise, until I banned it on like the last 2 sets.
fixed 10 chaaaaar

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Brinstar isn't too bad. Jungle Japes is banned at most tournaments anyway. Pictochat is good for Olimar.

I'd only ban a stage that people I know would pick. Most people don't pick Rainbow Cruise anyway. It depends who i'm playing against anyway. Some people I know counterpick Hanenbow, but I wouldn't go out of my way to ban it unless it's someone I know who actually likes that stage. Same with any other ****ty stage, since there are enough of them.

Though if you get gayed by someone who picks Rainbow Cruise, bring them to Pictochat. Random people hate the stage, but it's amazing for Olimar. It's small, so you can kill them at 70% or so. Plus you can hit people into the hazards.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Brinstar isn't too bad. Jungle Japes is banned at most tournaments anyway. Pictochat is good for Olimar.

I'd only ban a stage that people I know would pick. Most people don't pick Rainbow Cruise anyway. It depends who i'm playing against anyway. Some people I know counterpick Hanenbow, but I wouldn't go out of my way to ban it unless it's someone I know who actually likes that stage. Same with any other ****ty stage, since there are enough of them.

Though if you get gayed by someone who picks Rainbow Cruise, bring them to Pictochat. Random people hate the stage, but it's amazing for Olimar. It's small, so you can kill them at 70% or so. Plus you can hit people into the hazards.
Easily the best part about pictochat for olly is the ledges, they are slanted down so its easy to recover...my teammate and I counterpick it for doubles.

Top Bottom