• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who is going to main G&W?

Red7z7

Smash Apprentice
Me. I played him all throughout melee despite his shortcomings, and he looks to be even more competitive this time around. To me, hes still the character with the most style and uniqueness, and I enjoy playing the more obscure chars.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
He was my 3rd best in Melee, I plan on making him higher than that in Brawl. :D

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm maining Mario, G&W, and Pit. =)

G&W is like the coolest Nintendo character ever, next to Mario, so yeah.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Kindly leave. We don't need any trolls here. Chances are G&W is a lot better than you're giving him credit for, so leave now before you discover he's kicking your sorry behind.

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
Kindly leave. We don't need any trolls here. Chances are G&W is a lot better than you're giving him credit for, so leave now before you discover he's kicking your sorry behind.
Your playing a black silhouette, i hope your having fun.
While there are better choices like Wolf, Sheik, and Samus, your slowly walking around with a joke character. Have fun getting owned in Smash Brothers ;).

P.S Try R.O.B. , seems like he would be your type, too.

J0™

Smash Apprentice
While there are better choices like Wolf, Sheik, and Samus
Because you already unlocked them and know how good they are? >.>
Having fun? hmmm that's the main purpose of a game right? :>

Anyway, if G&W gets better in Brawl, I'd certainly main him, otherwise I'm going for Meta Knight, Olimar or Wolf

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
While there are better choices like Wolf, Sheik, and Samus, your slowly walking around with a joke character. Have fun getting owned in Smash Brothers ;).

Owning people like you with 'joke characters' makes it all the better. Pity Tingle isn't in the game, I'd would be quite gratifying watching him crushing nubs like you. ;)

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion

You're a ******.

I'm maining GaW in addition to IC and Toon Link.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

Quite frankly, I have fun with him, and despite him being bottom tier, I own with him. If he's better in Brawl, which is highly likely, then he's probably going to be kicking major ***.

Heck I'm playing with everyone, but G&W will be one of my mains. It's your loss if you can't accept that G&W is simply one of the most awesome characters ever.

Green Ice Climber

Smash Rookie
I love the little guy, but I couldn't beat anyone with him, so I sticked with the Ice Climbers...

#1 goal and Super Smash Bros. Brawl = Main Mr. Game & Watch!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
G&W was one of my mains in melee, manhole + parachute!!!!111 I hope he is just as amazing in brawl.

ps - 56k i like ur sig

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
G&W was one of my mains in melee, manhole + parachute!!!!111 I hope he is just as amazing in brawl.

ps - 56k i like ur sig
His Parachute doesn't seem to be an attack anymore. It is part of his Up-B, and allows him to float a distance horizontally. Oh, but the best part is apparently he can CANCEL the parachute with an aerial attack! This means G&W officially has awesome recovery!

Instead of the Parachute for an N-air, he gets a Fishbowl of sorts. It looks pretty big, if not quite as big as the Parachute, but I really like the way the Parachute was added to his Up-B.

The Manhole is different, but I think overall better. It has more range, but instead of sending people up, it sends them horizontally, which I think will set up for some ledgeguards.

And you're going to love the fact that G&W's shield HAS FINALLY BEEN IMPROVED. It actually covers his body this time around. G&W FOR TOP TIER.

MoonkknufF

Smash Rookie
he was my main in melee.
and he looks very much improved this time around :D :D

-wes-
My feelings exactly. I luvs me sum Mr. Game and Watch, but I do NOT love how much he sucked in Melee. I'm very glad he got buffed. :D And also, watching that G&W VS Yoshi video, I can see that his attacks don't lag nearly as much, which is the improvement he needed most. Very excited. :]

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
G&W is again my main along w/ R.O.B. and Lucario.

Sad that Nair is range nurfed, happy that GODLY UP-B JUST GOT BETTER!!!

Pushback, Side recovery added, and still as high? What is NOT to like?!?!?!

...And he seems rather quick compared to most people... :3

....oh ya...HIS SHIELD NOW COVERS HIM!!! WOOT!

Anti-

Smash Rookie
I just hoped that his Fair hasn't been nerfed and that he can still effectively edgeguard with Dtilt, but besides that, ill be maining him along with Snake. He still seems to have some combo ability, so im happy.

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
MR.GAW is my second favorite to kirby. Someone should set up a SSBB online tourney, once its unleashed, so that the people who like using serious cc's can fight the dudes who like the more obscure cc's. That should be interesting.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace

lol i definatley agree.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
^^^ Thanks for that insightful post. :rolleyes:

Says the guy who lacks enough reading comprehension to know the difference between "your" and "you're."

You're butchering the English language, I hope you're having fun.

Come back after you pass the 5th grade. Get *****, noob.

LAWZ

Smash Cadet
I'll either main Game and Watch, Sonic, or Wolf....I mained Falco back in melee with G&W as a secondary despite his shortcomings....

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, you bet! As long as he's anything like his Melee counterpart, I'll be maining him until he gets kicked out of Smash (god forbid...)!

I think I'll either use the black costume or the yellowish costume (with the name "AOL" on Wi-Fi floating above his head). :D

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
G&W will prolly be a little lower down my list now that they took away his parachute... for those who dont know i meant his neutral a. not his parachute after a recovery

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I think I'll either use the black costume or the yellowish costume (with the name "AOL" on Wi-Fi floating above his head). :D
lol. My name comes from a similar pun...>.>

I gotta rock the cyan G&W though. None of G&W's costumes in Melee really satisfied me (i usually used random color) but I would've killed for a purple or white G&W. Cyan will do just fine though :chuckle:

Top Bottom