• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is a legend?

DrewbyDewby

Smash Apprentice
Recently I've been watching many videos on young link to pick up tricks that people do, is there anyone in particular i should look for? Anyone who is one of the top in the world or just really good?

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
ive never seen azen play ylink..

You should try Chudat.

Or go to the video thread in this forum, there are good ylinks there also.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Azen plays everyone. But his Young Link is nothing special.
I hate Chu Dat's style. Its pretty ********.
Hero Sublime does'nt know what a projectile is.
Watching Caveman play is only if your trying to learn Young Link like 2 years ago.

I suggest watching videos of Jash, Laijin, Aarosmashguy or Chip.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Azen got 4th, granted it was a long time ago, but he's always top 4 for any character. Ever. It's a known fact, haha.

Anyway, Hanki is really good, too.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hanki, not Aniki. Learn to read.

And Aniki is the best Link (not Y. Link) ever. Ever. Or was, until he retired.

And can't Caveman still **** quite a few people? I dunno if he has any new videos up, but I'd say he understands how to play Y. Link rather well.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Hanki is really good. I have heard of him, I just have not seen vids of him till now cause I always assumed people were just mispelling Aniki's name. lol.

Yes. Hanki is good too. He knows what he is doing.

Last time I heard, Caveman is a Doc main..not a Young Link main anymore.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
caveman videos are so old and his style is outdated. you need vids of modern ylinks like the ones laijin said.

pdot is pretty legendary also. although he needs to make a video thread like all the other ylinks have

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Uer4ras66o4

D20

Smash Lord
I've got the best suggestion...

Don't main Young Link. He's the 17th ranked character on the tier list.

D20

Smash Lord
I simply had the misfortune of chosing him as my main awhile back. I have yet to place at a tournament.

Rick626

Smash Rookie
lol. I know what you mean. I wish I had stuck with using Marth since when I first started playing.
My old Mains used to be kirby and Captain falcon, my kirby got killed to easily so i switched to ylink, good choice but i shouldnt have left my Captain falcon, i know how you feal:(

Bane

Smash Journeyman
If you started playing Smash, and you thought... "hmmm, which character do I think will fare the best in tournies?" I doubt the young lad in the skirt with the puny sword came immediately to mind (though tiara's rarely scream pwnzering either). I played Y. Link because I enjoyed playing as him the most quite frankly, granted, now that I go to tourneys, my results aren't that as if I had applied this much effort into falco, or marth (I don't think I could have picked sheik, even if I knew how cheap he/she/it/potato would be...) All the same, his playstyle suits me, I enjoy playing friendlies immensely, and it's not like I finish last either, getting some success here and there there. I've put a great deal of time into my character and that's because I wanted too.

..though perhaps a little falco on the side...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Pdot, you have some really weird spacing. I like it.

Haha, I dun even remember how I ended up in the Y. Link forums, seeing as my Low Tiers are Ness and Roy (poor, poor Roy), and I typically play Peach as a higher tier. XD

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Cavemans combo vid is the reason i started playing ylink..but when i watch that vid now, it isn't as inspiring or impressive lol.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I never liked Caveman's combo video. I didn't think it really showcased him that well. Music was alright, haha.

My Y Link involves a lot of moonwalking and bombchus to edgeguard, haha. I just like being flashy.

Jash

Smash Lord
Young Link is a good character if you spend time with him, you can't just say "Don't main Young Link". Thats like telling people "Don't main Donkey Kong" when people know that 1 came 4th in MLG. It saddens me:(

Laijin

Smash Hero
Thanks RC.

I like that Boomerang trick, but its kinda stupid really. As well as the bomb trick. Because honestly, if the person is recovering back to the ledge and the boomerang hits them, you just saved them. Same with the bomb trick.

So it is a proven fact that the Lai-Fire attack > all edge guarding tricks.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Laij look closer at what Link is doing when the boomerang hits him. He is in the opening frames of his hookshot and the boomerang interupts forcing him to Up+B.

Although your right, on other chars it can be useless.

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
Call me dumb, but, take a look at one of our local smashers in MN... Hes REALLY fckin good, he easily cleans the house in MN/Wi tourneys he goes to, just has a life and doesnt compete much -_-

Aaroshmashguy

Youtube him. Lets hear what u guys think. =)

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Yea..

Aaroshmashguy knows what hes doin with the kid. really good

Deva

Smash Lord
Just check the Young Link video thread for matches of Chip, Jash, and Laijin. They all have really good Y.Links.

Top Bottom