• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the most powerful grab?

KKIINNGG

Smash Cadet
out of all the characters whose is the best? I would say bowser but he is the only one i use all the time...

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Thanks to the 2 people who recognized Ice climbers as the best. They have 0-death chaingrabs, Technically the strogest single grab (when you grab with Popo and smash with Nana) Awsome grab setups too!

GofG

Smash Champion
Ness's. Backthrow. Kills. Regardless. Of. DI. At. Earlier. Percentages. Than. His. Bat.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Ice climbers have ridiculous grab combos.
D3 has his chaingrab.
Snake and G&W can play tech chase games from their grabs
Ness has his backthrow, one of the few throws that kill at a reasonable percentage.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Most powerful as in doing the most damage, knockback, or having the best utility? The topic is pretty vague.

Finch

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers easily. I don't play them anymore because they aren't fun without wavedashing, but their grab combos are now epic so I gotta represent :)

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
Ice climbers win this hands down. They have an infinite forward throw and an inescapable back throw that reverses directions. If you combine the two together, you could conceivably get someone from 0 to 999% without them being able to do anything about it.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
Grabbers

Here's how grabbing is going to work:

These are in best to worst order.

1. Olimar- I can't say anything about his grabbing its so good, so you'll just need to try it for yourself. If you want to know what I mean.

2. Ice Climders- Really strong grabs, they are comboable, and have a good amount of knock-back.

3. Falco- Falco has very good grabs and is able combo very well with then. He can chaingrab and his back throw is easily comboed with a dair for the KO.

4. Snake- I don't play snake, but I've seen his grabs they are pretty powerful, and nice range.

Thats just my opinion.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Best GRAB is Olimar's, or Bowser's >B since it's also an air grab. Ice Climbers' GRAB is nothing special at all, it's what they do out of the grab that makes them so ferocious. :p

Marty

Smash Apprentice
Related question here: Has anyone done any testing on grab ranges? I recall hearing early on that Marth's was reduced, but I'm assuming that wasn't the only change. Any comments?

asob4

Smash Champion
ice climbers combos are amazing
second would be oli. his range and the combos they lead to, not to mention purple up throw and blue back throw pretty much kill at 100 or over

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
honestly, anyone quoting chaingrabbing as the reason they think someone is best, and mention a character other than IC, is dumb.

LANDMASTERED!

Smash Rookie
Only if they kept Mewtwo from Melee (his grabs were by far the best especially up throw). Anycase, anyone with Chaingrabs (IC, Olimar, etc.) are the real winners (then the more powerful people). Chaingrab ftw (and Mewtwo Grabs ftw, were some if not the best in Melee).

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
If i recall it says most "powerful" throw, that would not be the ice climbers department now, would it?

Wh!teZer0

Smash Rookie
Chaingrabs =/= Grabs/Throws.

ICs and DeDeDe have good chaingrabs, but not overall grab strength.

Ness backthrow is **** intense.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
In terms of grab range...

Samus/ZSS have the longest range
then Link
then Lucas/Toon Link
then Yoshi

But they all have slow, laggy grabs.

In terms of normal grabs, Dedede and DK have great grab range. Haven't really looked at anyone else.

Squidster

Smash Ace
In terms of grab range...

Samus/ZSS have the longest range
then Link
then Lucas/Toon Link
then Yoshi

But they all have slow, laggy grabs.

In terms of normal grabs, Dedede and DK have great grab range. Haven't really looked at anyone else.
Ivysaur.

Long grab range with very little lag too.

Top Bottom