• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who has the better recovery?mario or dr. mario?

Takaichi

Smash Cadet
i figured out that dr. mario has a better vert recovery than mario, but mario has abetter horizantal recovery.maybe it's opinion but who has the better recovery.
mario w/down-b cape cape up-b OR
Dr.mario w/ cape down b up b

Marthby87

Smash Journeyman
No no no no no!!! Mario's vert and hor recovery >>> Doc's in everyway. Mario even has that Up-B Wall Jump glitch that he can exploit that makes his recovery even better. Face it, Doc has the worst recovery in the game.

Fasting

Banned via Administration
he is right, sort of. the upb of doc goes higher than marios, so in htat respect docs "vert" recovery is better, but in every other way mario's is better

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Up B glitch? wtf good luck with that on FD! any character's vertical recovery is boosted if they're touching the side of the stage when they excecute it. But i think they are even. Their tornadoes are equal even though marios is easier to excecute (IMO) Marios cape is better and docs jump punch is better so it all evens out and if you want to argue about the glitch, then doc has a better grab range than mario.

Marthby87

Smash Journeyman
Marios cape is better
Recovery-wise yes, attack-wise no. Doc's is a little slower but it has much more range, this was proven by Ross (Usea). Maybe not proven but he had pictures to prove it.

W.J

Smash Ace
with recoveries for mario and doc, its by far mario has a better recovery HOWEVER, in survival its close, since mario can recover better, doc can survive better since he is heavier, which means it takes longer to send him off stage, and with doc you can just DI upwards to help, since you can DI towards the stage in falling

Fasting

Originally posted by Blunted_object10
Marios recovery> Doctor Marios recovery
great insight im sure we all apreciate your contribution to the thread very much

stuntcuum3571

Smash Ace
I hate to ask Newbish questions, but how do you pull off the UpB glitch. I have tried to no avail, was it taken out in later versions?
Helpo

Happosai

Smash Journeyman
what are you telling me????

both mario and the doc can perform the up b twice, look at CJ's vid against s royal doc ditto, 75 or 76 if i am right

Dawg

Smash Apprentice
if i hear that video being mentioned with docs double up-B again i will shoot myself

Doc CANNOT up-B twice, the only up-B glitch is the one where mario can walljump after doing his up-B, in the CJ video, both Docs up-B at almost the same time, both being near eachother, making it look like one doc up-Bd twice

that video fooled me for a minute too, but there is no such double-upB glitch

Fasting

Originally posted by Dawg
the only up-B glitch is the one where mario can walljump after doing his up-B,
wrong doc has a upb glitch where he starts the animatio but never leaves the ground, to do this you face 1 direction, for the sake of explanations we will start facing left <---. from the ground hit upb at a right angle ^> as soon as you hit the upb slam the control stick to the left down _<
if you did it fast enough you wont leave the ground but you will still get the first few attack frames hitting the opponent as high in the air as a normal upb would.

AdamXiah

Smash Cadet
Don't tornado if you do not have enough vertical height to spend. Mario's tornado (both Marios) only gives horizontal recovery. I might be wrong, but this is from my observations.

Fasting

no gaurantee with mario but with doc when done right you can start the tornado a little bit underneath the level and still make it back. when i say a little im talkin inches, (relative)

mario-man

Smash Lord
NO THEY DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're gonna believe that lie, at least don't say it on this forum.

red stone

Smash Ace
mario's recovery is better. the reason for this is the cape. dr. mario's only stall is down b. mario on the other hand can down b and also effectively double cape before having to reach for the ledge. this comes is handy with edge guarders.

any mindgame advantages while coming back to the ledge is HUGE

Gea

Smash Master
The hell? Not even that. Mario has a walljump AND two capes. Mario effectively has a MUCH better recovery game than Doc. But Doc's isn't the worst. Maybe in terms of getting back from far away but...

both of them have decent ability to not just be edgehogged.

Way to bump a 2 year old thread big burn lol.
oon topic, they both suck, and marios>docs for reasons said.
doc can grab the ledge from further though D=

mario-man

Smash Lord
No, Eggz didn't do it...........................................I did

LooooooooooooooooooooooL

Not

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Mario's recovery is better than Doc's, mainly because his Cape pushes him up a bit, wheras Doc's doesn't. I believe Mario has slightly better horizontal movement as well. Also, I think Mario's up-b takes him a hair farther, horizontally, than Doc's. This is unconfirmed, however.

-PM-

Smash Ace
if your not stupid with mario you can get back from anything except idk if you holding down on a ledge or something lol

_clinton

Smash Master
Well Doc's Up+b goes a small amount higher (I have tested it btw) however Mario has the recovery that I would want between the two ch. (and I would want Ness' over there's and then JP (or Kirby because he goes higher then JP (but not by much))over Ness')

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
From further away, his recovery is terribly predictable. Once your opponent knows what's coming, you're gonna get edgeguarded.

Top Bottom