• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has seen MJ's this is it?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just saw it today. I thought the movie is great. Its a pity that MJ died before the concert was actually made. Did you like it (if youve seen it)? Or are you one of those people who are protesting against the movie?

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'm curious about it. I won't see it in theaters, just cause there aren't many near me and I lack a car at school. But I hope to see it on video in the future. I was kind of hesitant, but it's gotten reviews that make it sound actually good, rather than just a money grab. It's still a money grab, but if it's good, then I don't mind so much.

Frames

DI
saw it today

thought it was great

if the real concert ended up being half as good as they made it look in the movie it would've probably been the greatest show ever

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Lol, it was so good. I'll never forget the cherrypicker... "Wheeeee~!" And also when he finished practicing something and the lights were fading out, and you could see him smile as it faded. He was constantly, and I mean constantly, dancing to or teaching one of his songs to the others. It gives you a sense of how he could stand doing that for 8 hours. He was a living soul of music, he couldn't stop except to sleep.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I can answer that. People were protesting against the movie because it is speculated that the company knew Michael was not in good health and that he was about to die, so they let him rehearse as much as he wanted. When he did pass, they took good parts of his rehearsals and put them together into a movie to make money off of his death. So basically the protesters claim that it was all premeditated.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If I hear correctly, this movie is being released for the sole purpose of paying off MJs debts.
How someone who owns The Beatles and made the best selling album of all time can be in debt is beyond me.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yeah. I believe it was only being released to help relieve the debts as well. I'm guessing he may have borrowed a lot of money for something and never paid it back... but even then, the amount of money in debt is much larger than just something like that alone. :/

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Your color choice of text makes my eyes bleed, sapphire.

But I haven't seen this movie :\

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
@sapphire: ah ok, well that makes some sense, I suppose. I never once suspected this was the case though, I really did just think it was a nice way to pay homage to a legend. As for his debts, I hate to say it, he did have lots of money from his career, but he also spent a lot of money on his craft, his army of personnel, etc.. on things like the neverland ranch, and sadly, his court debacles. lots of private monies paid out to would-be blackmailers. it was really sad how his career went from beloved to hated so quickly, over some trumped up stuff. "he a pedophile" no, he was a sad unfortunate man who was ***** of his childhood thanks to his greedy and abusive father, and it so profoundly affected him that he had no choice in resorting to a land of make believe where he felt safe. surrounding himself w/kids was a means to an end, but not in the grotesque way people try to paint, more... he was peter pan, almost literally, and ironically that role was written with him in mind even though robin williams got the role due to the fear that MJ wasn't a big enough name in movies. but I digress.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
If you've ever seen the catalogue of Michael Jackson's estate (all the stuff he was auctioning off) and the mindboggingly huge number of ridiculously expensive toys and miscellaneous crap he bought over the years, you can start to see how he can be in debt.

That, and an amusement park.

I really wish I could find that site.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Your color choice of text makes my eyes bleed, sapphire.
You don't like blue? :( Well, I'm sorry about making your eyes bleed. I don't mean to. But I always post in blue now. Maybe when you see my posts, you could highlight them so that it changes the color.

@sapphire: ah ok, well that makes some sense, I suppose. I never once suspected... but I digress.
I agree with you on what you said. He really was just trying to have both a fun childhood and an adulthood at the same time, and people can't understand things that seem so different than them a lot of times. So they fear it, and it causes things like this to happen.

uh...how much longer is it in theaters?
I believe until Thanksgiving, but don't quote me on that. I think the information is on the main This Is It website.

If you've ever seen the catalogue of Michael Jackson's estate (all the stuff he was auctioning off) and the mindboggingly huge number of ridiculously expensive toys and miscellaneous crap he bought over the years, you can start to see how he can be in debt.

That, and an amusement park.

I really wish I could find that site.
Ahh, I see now. That would make sense.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Wow I want to shoot whoever thought it was a cool, fun, quirky idea to have the pages make noise when you turn them.

Top Bottom