• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has an advantage?

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
every character above link has an advantage over luigi. Remember that fact, and never ever doubt it.

You have to outplay everyone who uses a character who is above yours on the "tier list".

That is all.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
every character above link has an advantage over luigi. Remember that fact, and never ever doubt it.

You have to outplay everyone who uses a character who is above yours on the "tier list".

That is all.
Not Mario and as you said Link. Link is evenish and Mario you have the advantage, but yeah. Captain Falcon has the advantage on Luigi, but it isn't that big.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Depends.. If the Falcon knows how to play a Luigi then the Falcon will usually win.

Luigi > Falcon anyways. Dsmash is ownage. + Uthrow to aerials.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Most match ups with Luigi you have to use your brain more than your controller so its hard to quantify who is better. IMO

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
Hah I hate Falcon so much. Not that I'm a bad Luigi, its just that Falcon has EVERY advantage against Luigi with the correct DI, the right spacing, and perfect tech skill. I find Noob Falcon's easy though. The ones who don't know how to fight Luigi and when you up throw they begin to DI at the third throw but still not enough to not get chain grabbed. And after that you can throw and they lose their DI and just dair, and don't know how to DI their up B so you just edge hog em. Too bad Falcon's don't play like that. If you're not experienced against falcon and you're a Luigi, a good Falcon can combo you forever until you figure out what moves to DI. G-Reg Combo ***** Luigi. Stages Falcon has over Luigi are Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination, and Dreamland 64. I like fighting bad falcons in Final but Good falcons just use the open air to land all those combos. If you're recovering Falcon can do so much to kill you regardless of what you're doing because moonwalking can reach so far. Unless you're good at teching, Noob Luigis can get pwned against walls from backwards dropped knees. Once on the ledge, Luigi has to find a way to pass him usually by wave landing off the ledge with a fast down smash or a grab. If you miss your grab you can get up-Aired, if you miss your down smash you run. If you try to attack a falcon from the ledge, Falcon just up air out of his shield and make you feel bad. Smart Falcons know that Luigi has double aerials. Side stepping Luigis can get read easy with Dairs. Luigi's who like to spam tornadoes to launch falcons can get abused easily. Unless you're ROFL and your Tornadoes never miss because he's just that good, your out of luck. Aerials are hard to land unless you have the speed and pressure, which good Luigi's should have. Tech Chasing is a luigi's best bet. I've studied how to play Falcon's all my smash life because the top 2 in my crew play Falcon.

Dayozee, TKO > TheZeroFaReal

YimmyZ

Smash Cadet
Wow..This is kinda suprising. I find that Falcon is the easiest of opponents. Is my Luigi really that different? I find that Falcon comes round with his dairs and his nairs and knees, and I'm up in his grill all the time, with down B, uptilts, Uairs and fairs. I can two stock the best Falcon player in my crew most of the time, though when he starts a combo he usually kills me. Same with Gannon. Though I have trouble with Marth(duh), and Falco though.

But I missfire on command too..that might help...

Binx

Smash Master
Wow..This is kinda suprising. I find that Falcon is the easiest of opponents. Is my Luigi really that different? I find that Falcon comes round with his dairs and his nairs and knees, and I'm up in his grill all the time, with down B, uptilts, Uairs and fairs. I can two stock the best Falcon player in my crew most of the time, though when he starts a combo he usually kills me. Same with Gannon. Though I have trouble with Marth(duh), and Falco though.

But I missfire on command too..that might help...
show proof

El HP

Smash Ace
IMO falcon is luigi's worst match mainly because his combos are too good and his incredible aerial speed, luigi has some good things on him but still falcon has the advantage.

C 3

Smash Ace
Falcon > Luigi. Just because some luigi's make it look easy doesn't mean it's in Luigi's favour. Luigi's has a poop load of bad matchups, but u have to out play everybody to win basically. I agree with what coolhat said basically.

Top Bottom