• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else wants ditto in this game?

GambitGameGuy

Smash Rookie
I know that it can't happen at launch because he's been shown as an assist pokemon, but with sakurai being sakurai and all, I could totally see it as future dlc. Ditto is one of the most unique pokemon to exist, and i feel he could be an outstanding fighter, and a wonderful edition to the series. The way I invision it, when starting a match, ditto would be a useless blob, only being able to move left and right as well as taunt. When taunting, he would then transform into an all-purple version of one of his opponents and inherent all of their traits (reminiscent of his assist pokemon function). If he gets ko'd or taunts again, he would transform back to his normal state. The only things i'm not sure about are a few of the alternate modes of the game, in which ditto would be the only character, and therefore have nobody to transform into, though I suppose in that case he may simply transform into a character randomly selected from the player's current unlocked roster. So what do you guys think about this speculation, do you think ditto could be a fun character to main, do you think it could potentially be added as a future dlc fighter, or do you think that I'm a complete idiot? Let's get a discussion going in the thread.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
OK I know necroposting's usually frowned upon but there's been a revelation in the Pokémon series and it could boost Ditto's chances:
OK so there's this character going by the name of Ms. Norman, right? By the end of the film however, its revealed she's actually a Ditto. This twist culminates in a massive fight scene between Ditto and Justice Smith where Ditto keeps gaining the upper hand by transforming into other Pokémon.
I know that this doesn't mean Ditto's a shoe~in for the next iteration of Smash, but this humanoid form could help give speculators more to work with.
This+Meltan has made Ditto more relevant than he has in years. If we get another Gen I character, Ditto has my vote!

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Ditto did happen to be the icon selection for random or something in Melee's Tournament mode.

Sonic and Wolf may have had moves taken from other fighters, but honestly, Ditto could hypothetically be the ultimate clone fighter, with all his moves being borrowed from the most iconic characters of Smash as he morphs into each one! I'd main him.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Ditto cannot fight without having to transform, apparently. Twelve from Street Fighter fits the role much better.

Top Bottom