• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is worried Brawl might not be that good?

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Actually, some people came up with some very good ideas in another thread based off of that move Dylan. I think they make a few good points (espesically with the whole animation thing...)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Tnga put it well when he said that the 1 player is a waste of space, i mean whats the point of playing by yourself unless its practice. They could have made a 1 player that was just as lame as melee's and people would still love it. Also, the Wii is a party games console, wouldn't it make more sense if there were more multiplayer options than anyone could ever imagine...?

Also: I wouldn't mind if the AI were a little more well rounded, like lvl 9's power shielding EVERYTHING.

/I want the old thread back.
That would suck, I could barely play melee at a casual level for 3 years, at my level 1p as good/bad as melee's wouldn't last me a week.

Oh man, yesterdays update SUCKED. I forgot to even post about it

So.. an awesome cool character like Ike has Kirby's up B? Wow. That is the gayest thing ever, and I am NOT AT ALL liking the invincibility thing

Oh yay, invincibility DURING an attack. Great idea

oh wait no, thats going to ruin the game, my bad
Yeah what's with all the invincibility anyway? First DKs FS and now Ike's up B. That move better be the laggiest move ever or up b Ike spamming will just take over.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
So... we're back on topic then? Are we being good enough for you mods?

now let me point out something :

This topic is the exact same thing as the last one. Delete this one, unlock the old one.

He has a good point, y'know.

If your going to leave this thread open, you might as well unlock the other one.

Anyways, computers can only made to have incredible reaction times, they can't replicate a humans "if that, then this" mentality unless they are programmed to do the same things over and over.

The computers WILL suck again. Even if they do wavedash and shfflc, which they won't.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
The invulnerability of this attack is weird looking but decent overall. I say its like an anti-air attack in a lot of other fighting games. So expect a good start up and good priority but having quite a bit of lag afterwards.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I swear to god if ike goes ''Hiyah! Eyyy!'' when he does his up B (like kirby) that sakurai hates us T_T

Argh he looks so cool and Aether is such a non cool move, marths up B looks way more awesome in my opinion, reverse up b ftw.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Tnga put it well when he said that the 1 player is a waste of space, i mean whats the point of playing by yourself unless its practice. They could have made a 1 player that was just as lame as melee's and people would still love it. Also, the Wii is a party games console, wouldn't it make more sense if there were more multiplayer options than anyone could ever imagine...?

Also: I wouldn't mind if the AI were a little more well rounded, like lvl 9's power shielding EVERYTHING.

/I want the old thread back.
What's the point? I enjoy it...

Not everybody plays in tourneys, believe it or not. In fact the "casual" population outweighs the tourney population right?

I wouldn't be worried about multi player mode. Let Sakurai put more depth in the single player mode for once, because not all of us have tons of friends that play Smash.

Team Giza

Smash Lord

Not everybody plays in tourneys, believe it or not. In fact the "casual" population outweighs the tourney population right?

I wouldn't be worried about multi player mode. Let Sakurai put more depth in the single player mode for once, because not all of us have tons of friends that play Smash.
I agree with this to an extent. But the majority of the casual players I know cheaped there way through 1 player mode because they hated it so much and thought it was boring.

The idea of a single player is good though. I think some people are just sore about how horrible the single player in melee was.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I thought Ike could still take damage while doing Aether...?

chansen

Smash Lord
Does everyone who is a casual gamer play one player constantly because they love it? Whether your casual or not its pretty much a general consensus that one player sucks.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Does everyone who is a casual gamer play one player constantly because they love it? Whether your casual or not its pretty much a general consensus that one player sucks.
Well, no I don't play 1 player most of the time, but that's no reason to not improve it. We all have to go through it to unlock the characters!

Would it not hurt for that to be at least a little more fun?

iMichael

Smash Lord
Oh man, yesterdays update SUCKED. I forgot to even post about it

So.. an awesome cool character like Ike has Kirby's up B? Wow. That is the gayest thing ever, and I am NOT AT ALL liking the invincibility thing

Oh yay, invincibility DURING an attack. Great idea

oh wait no, thats going to ruin the game, my bad
Hes not invincible hes just not going to flinch...he can still take damage...so if your playing with fox then blast the mess out of him with the laser gun and add those points up

iMichael

Smash Lord

I agree with this guy and its a good thing its going to be online....so peeps who dont have lots of friends that play smash can just play online

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Invincibility during a recovery seems broken....and I hope it dosn't apply to all heavy char's recoveries.....how are you supposed to meteor THAT?

also~count me in for the petition to revive the old thread.....out of 100+ pages it's off topicness JUST became unnacepted >_>?.........plus the fact the this thread is just the same general discussion .....at the very least, bring back the old one, and moderate it......

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
I hope Ike isn't a replacement, hopefully his boss in single player mode would be Roy and Marth XD

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I swore it said he was invincible during that attack when I read it this morning. Oh well.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
If Marth's gonna stay, at least they could dumb down his Fsmash.

Hey guys, what if the spammers try to raid this thread as well?

chansen

Smash Lord
Well, no I don't play 1 player most of the time, but that's no reason to not improve it. We all have to go through it to unlock the characters!

Would it not hurt for that to be at least a little more fun?
good point, but you can also unlock characters thru lots of multiplayer as well. I gues the improvment is welcome but could we agree that it is completely non-detrimental to the games "fun-ness", yes?

Sometimes I'd rather agree then let people get mad, ya know?

Also
cyberdemon said:
Hey guys, what if the spammers try to raid this thread as well?
Shhh, if we pretend like it never happened, they might not come back.

So, how bout the local sports team...huh?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't think Marth's Fsmash is that bad, I play and play against Marth's [they suck so this is probably why] and I fail to see as much brokeness as other people see. To me the most broken character is Peach.

I doubt they will, the same guy didn't create it, but the thread's name might catch their attention.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
i have an idea for you dylan. start a thread with the title, "let's talk," or something to that effect. the OP should be something along the lines of, "this thread is for people who are awesome and want to talk about awesome stuff. moderators probably should stay out cuz you, for the most part, are the antithesis of awesome and just flex your cyber muscles all day. let's discuss brawl updates and other video game things that make us generally happy to be alive." if that doesnt work, well, i dunno. unfortunately it would prolly be moved to that general discussion board bs at the bottom of the homepage.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Marth's Fsmash is that bad, I play and play against Marth's [they suck so this is probably why] and I fail to see as much brokeness as other people see. To me the most broken character is Peach.

I doubt they will, the same guy didn't create it, but the thread's name might catch their attention.
I think marth's fsmash is a little too powerful, maybe because I main falco (and falcon), and they get edgeguarded too easily by him.

And I think you're right, those people were after Dylan, not so much after the thread

chansen

Smash Lord
i have an idea for you dylan. start a thread with the title, "let's talk," or something to that effect. the OP should be something along the lines of, "this thread is for people who are awesome and want to talk about awesome stuff. moderators probably should stay out cuz you, for the most part, are the antithesis of awesome and just flex your cyber muscles all day. let's discuss brawl updates and other video game things that make us generally happy to be alive." if that doesnt work, well, i dunno. unfortunately it would prolly be moved to that general discussion board bs at the bottom of the homepage.
I agree with like half of that (the half that makes sense)

this threads predecessor was a good room to talk about anything, and most people didnt care after awhile, it was accepted by non-mods.

back on topic tho...
Ike's up-b or whatever (aether) will be amazing to punish

example=shieldroll.take advantage of lag.punish.repeat as necessary.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
example=shieldroll.take advantage of lag.punish.repeat as necessary
When I play falco (and only when I play falco, not fox) I roll at certain times vs marth and peach majorly before retreating with shl and waiting for my opportunity. I know how effective a roll can be to punish a marth who just didnt JC his grab or dashattacked, I just shffl dairs outta my shield constantly, constantlly and then get my huge combos goin.

So yeah, that move sounds like itll be spammed online like the newbs spam kirby's up b like it's their JOB. (on kaillera)

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
I for one find it hard to visualize Ike's Up-B not being very predictable.

Also, I think it's pretty obvious that Ike is only resistant to knockback while he's separated from his sword, not during or after the descent to the ground. And it's quite inaccurate to say he's "invincible" at any point in time.

If done right, this new resistance aspect could be just what the larger characters need. I think before long we'll wonder how we ever lived without it. Well, except the people who exclusively ***** out the lightning fast characters of course.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Well, except the people who exclusively ***** out the lightning fast characters of course.
boo, all characters are to be played. Only some are to be mained. I main 3 characters for competitive and I work on others when im just bored with my others.

Fox/Falco are fun though :)

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
They'd still get 4 stocked by a real smash player. Computer AI is worthless in smashbrothers and can't hope to equal the level of a human, ever.

Prove me wrong, sakuraiiii! :p

Seriously though, the comps are gonna be as dumb as ever in brawl, I garuntee you this.
Generally the more complex a game and the more options characters have, the worse the AI is. ssb64 cpu's are harder than ssbm cpu's, because everything back then was much more straightforward. The cpu's back then even used FF, and could combo.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
boo, all characters are to be played. Only some are to be mained. I main 3 characters for competitive and I work on others when im just bored with my others.

Fox/Falco are fun though :)
Me I sort of have a pyramid thing going. 1 main, 3 or 4 sub-mains, 8 or 9 I also like to play, then the bottom feeders I don't touch with any regularity. Then Pikachu.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Me I sort of have a pyramid thing going. 1 main, 3 or 4 sub-mains, 8 or 9 I also like to play, then the bottom feeders I don't touch with any regularity. Then Pikachu.
hahaha, I like it.

Pika is a weapon im using now, purely to annoy.. and to see how well I can do. I play fox so the thought of a faster usmash that kills the same way intrigues me :)

but only rarely. I mostly played falco today, omg I gotta get some vids up.

If pikachus usmash is slowed down, that might make brawl a little worse. I hope he keeps it since hes had it both games.

^^ I aint risking it with 5 points.

... :(

Red Exodus

Smash Master
For some reason I never used Ness. If he didn't make it in Brawl I wouldn't care, if he made it back I wouldn't care. I have no idea why I'm like that towards Ness, I have opinions on just about every other character.

If he makes it back I wonder what he's gonna look like.

chansen

Smash Lord
teenager, squeaky voice, generic band shirt, baggy pants, hemp necklace and he smokes cigs now.

chansen

Smash Lord
You forgot the white or black sideways gangsta hat, the greasy, too-long hair, and the skateboarding shoes.
now that just explains what i look like (minus gangsta hat)

they should go all the way and make ness' eyes all anime huge and beady

chansen

Smash Lord
Guys, Marth wont be in it.. Get over it..
uhh, what.

I thought we were talking about ness and what he'll potentially look like...nothing about marth here.

His taunt should be him complaining about something...and then blaming the man.:laugh:

Top Bottom