• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who else dislikes ike's new design

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
I could give a million reasons as to why his design i absolutely stupid, and I will when I have them copied

but basically (and ill replace this later when I can) he's got a bunch of pointless armor and really poor weight distribution, pointless straps all over his outfit, and his sword is too small in comparison to his body.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I could give a million reasons as to why his design i absolutely stupid, and I will when I have them copied

but basically (and ill replace this later when I can) he's got a bunch of pointless armor and really poor weight distribution, pointless straps all over his outfit, and his sword is too small in comparison to his body.
Honestly, a lot of that stuff is probably just Sm4sh's cartoonish style making all of that stuff pop out too much and messing with his proportions. His armor looks much less outlandish in its original art, aside from the random single pauldron which is clearly just there to look cool:

Last edited:

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
I preferred Brawl's Ike design

That is all I came here for
yes

Honestly, a lot of that stuff is probably just Sm4sh's cartoonish style making all of that stuff pop out too much and messing with his proportions. His armor looks much less outlandish in its original art, aside from the random single pauldron which is clearly just there to look cool:

looks mostly fine, still has the **** pauldron issue and his sword still seems too small in comparison to his body

also the useless straps still seem to be there

i have a compiled list of all caps reasons as to why i hate his sm4sh design

the one thing that previoudly stopped me from playing him is how much I HATE HIS DESIGN
HALF OF IT MAKES NO SENSE
HE HAS USELESS STRAPS EVERYWHERE
HIS KNEE ARMOR IS STUPID AS HELL
HE HAS ONE SHOULDER ARMOR
USELESS THIGH STRAP?
BELT THAT HOLDS UP NOTHING?
METAL ARMOR ON ONLY ONE SHOULDER?
ALSO HIS SHOULDER ARMOR WOULDNT STOP A SWORD SWING
THE WAY IT'S SHAPED, THE SWORD WOULD JUST SLIDE ONTO HIS BARE ARM FLESH AND SLICE UP HIS FOREARM
IT'S A USELESS SHOULDER ARMOR
HIS CAPE IS ALL BUNCHED AROUND HIS NECK BUT DOESNT COVER HIS SHOULDERS EITHER
WHICH MAKES AN UNEVEN DISTRIBUTION OF WEIGHT BEHIND HIM INSTEAD OF DISTRIBUTING THE CAPE AROUND HIS SHOULDERS
his entire design TRIGGERS me
Like my point of view on these things I always look at them from a design standpoint
cause thats what I do, I do design
and the design simply sucks and i hate it

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
The reason the sword is so small is because it's Ettard, not Ragnell.

Ragnell was much bigger and heavier.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Compared to Ike's body it's a super huge sword not meant to be wielded with one hand.

Compared to Falchion which is based on a rapier, or Galaxia which is a knife in Sm4sh. The only weapon which gets even close to Ragnell's size is Monado due to the ether that is produced from it.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Since when was Ike into fashion? Never.

That's why his clothes make no sense (I still love his design though).

Naf2pro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brover1
Tbh I was meh at first but his look really grew on me.

However because he's older and whatnot I kinda wish he had a taaaaaaad bit of a deeper voice

Arrei

Smash Lord
He only aged three years between Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, and he was already a young man in the former. Puberty's come and gone for ol' Ike.

Last edited:

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
he's always supposed to have been a hella strong dude, thats why he holds a huge sword with one hand in like half of his moveset

but in 4 they made his sword barely larger than a normal broadsword or longsword in comparison to his body
so that whole shtick was blown out of the water
he just seems like a beefy dude with a normal sized sword thats too goddamn slow for how big he is and how small his equipment is

if they kept his height:sword length ratio and outfit from brawl but made him beefier all would've been fine, but no, they gave him this pointless armor and made his sword an undercooked spaghetti noodle compared to him, that's why it sucks

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
he's always supposed to have been a hella strong dude, thats why he holds a huge sword with one hand in like half of his moveset

but in 4 they made his sword barely larger than a normal broadsword or longsword in comparison to his body
so that whole shtick was blown out of the water
he just seems like a beefy dude with a normal sized sword thats too goddamn slow for how big he is and how small his equipment is

if they kept his height:sword length ratio and outfit from brawl but made him beefier all would've been fine, but no, they gave him this pointless armor and made his sword an undercooked spaghetti noodle compared to him, that's why it sucks
The sword doesn't grow like the human body, that's why he grow bigger and the sword stayed the same.

He has one shoulderpad because he needs his Sword arm shoulders as free as possible for felxibility.

Top Bottom