• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you want to win the Smash Bros. fighter ballot?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Just about any first party would be acceptable.

Heck no to any Indie's.

The only third parties I support are from major Japanese third party developers without a present rep; being either Konami and/ or Square Enix. In which case Bomberman and Geno seem fitting.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I would hope Geno manages to get up there in votes but everybody seems to want Shovel Knight, K. Rool and Shantae, so...

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
I don't think he's gonna win, but I'd hope that Ray MK III at least gets enough votes for people to acknowledge his existence. I'm glad he's sitting a 32 right now, he was at 78 last time I checked.

Glad the joke characters like Goku and Shrek are at the bottom.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I don't think he's gonna win, but I'd hope that Ray MK III at least gets enough votes for people to acknowledge his existence. I'm glad he's sitting a 32 right now, he was at 78 last time I checked.

Glad the joke characters like Goku and Shrek are at the bottom.
In the very least Ray MK should be an AT

Last edited:

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Daisy, we need more Mario reps...

Jk.

Bandana Dee, we need more Kirby reps :(

D

Deleted member

Just hoping our favorites from Brawl make it back in as well as K. Rool and Black Shadow. Initially i also voted for Waluigi!

Reggie Amiibo

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpadgerBadger
3DS FC
5472-6503-9144
Oh, OK. Is she added now or can you not edit fights?
Sadly, I can't edit fights. If I could, I'd most likely get rid of most of the joke inclusions (Sonichu, Fluttershy, etc.) and add more serious ones, such as Mona, Black Shadow, and Cranky Kong.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Reggie

I want Edea Lee from the Bravely series to win, but I know that's not happening :p

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I really want Bandana Dee, although returning characters like Wolf are also OK with me.
Speaking of Bandana Dee, I was pleasantly surprised by how high up he is in the rankings! He actually made it to the number 1 spot for a short while, and I took a screenshot of it!

Braydon

Smash Ace
I want monster hunter, but I think it's going to be isaac, and he was up there anyway.

Also I don't think the most voted is necessarily the winner, it exists to get an idea of a characters popularity, then they'll probably pick some of the top ones, that are best fitting.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
At the moment, the top six (Snake, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Sceptile, Ice Climbers, King K. Rool) seems like a pretty good list! I'd be happy if we got those as DLC.

Not counting veterans (I figure any veterans that we get will be announced before the poll ends anyway), I'd like to see King K. Rool made playable the most out of any newcomer. (though Rayman's a close second; Ridley would probably be my favourite choice if I didn't figure that the dev team will automatically ignore all votes for him for whatever reason)

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
At the moment, the top six (Snake, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Sceptile, Ice Climbers, King K. Rool) seems like a pretty good list! I'd be happy if we got those as DLC.
Ice climbers will not return, this has been made abundantly clear, and sceptile is not that popular.

Why are there so many damn polls asking us to vote to say who we voted for?

They arent even accurate anyway. It would be nice if there was just 1.

Nerdyones was pretty nice. . .

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Wolf, or Snake, or any newcomer who isn't part of a 3rd party series that already has a rep. The crazier the outcome the better imo, but Wolf and/or Snake would be pretty awesome also.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Roy, Isaac, K.Rool, Snake, Wolf

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Even though they are assist trophies I still want Midna and Dark Samus in Smash...Midna would have a very unique moveset and possibly being paired with wolf link and Dark Samus would an interesting power character (and not a clone of Samus)..also not really a fan of StarFox but Krystal would be a cool addition with her staff (Wolf as well but I feel like he'd be next in line for dlc after Lucas and before the ballot results)...finally as for third party characters I'd like to see Crash Bandicoot and Banjo Kazooi...Crash is unlikely even though he did appear in games on Nintendo systems but Banjo would indeed be a popular third party pick and considering his history on the N64 it does seem somewhat likely...

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I think putting joke characters in actually really hurts the lower characters, since ranking is based on preference in matchups and people voting in a joking manner (for instance an unlikely character vs. a popular joke) even when not against any particular less popular character can hurt that less popular character's rankings since they wouldn't get the same vote.

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
I want a character who's game doesn't have a fighter to win.
I would also like a character that is completely unexpected but I won't hold my breath. > 3 >

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Dark Samus, Stylux... maybe Ridley if I'm gonna be stupidly desperate for a Metroid character...

Midna could be a really great character, too.

Isaac from Golden Sun (I've not played it myself, but I REALLY want the Golden Sun fans to get a rep in for some reason)

Also Wolf. Wolf is important. I want him back.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
This poll makes me sad. No love for Bomberman? He is such an iconic character with close ties to Nintendo. And while I'm already aware that people don't seem to like Tingle, the fact that he is so close to dead last makes me sad. I honestly feel like he would be the second best new rep for Zelda after Impa, just because he recurs in the series, but alas everyone hates him with an unreasonable passion that I can't understand.

Also to add to that point, why people think having a third Link (young link) in the game would ever be a good idea is completely beyond me. Same with having a third Marth (Roy) for that matter. I honestly feel like people see characters that used to be in an old game and think that they somehow deserve to come back. But seriously, what would either of those characters add to the game? Also, if we create an atmosphere where the developers are afraid to cut characters from iteration to iteration the roster will become stagnant. Not everyone can come back for every game, it simply isn't reasonable. And if mother****ing Pichu can't be cut without complaints, then I don't even want to live on this planet anymore. /rant

Also, not to hate, but I actually really don't want Snake back (especially since he would be competing with Bomberman). Snake never felt like he actually fit into the atmosphere of Smash when he was in Brawl. He felt very shoe-horned in to me. And when you think about importance to the company, Bomberman seems like the better candidate to me (though I could potentially be wrong there).

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
King k rool for me and lucky for me hes the most likely to win the ballot according to how people are voting for.

But if i had to pick

Viridi or shovel knight would be nice.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also to add to that point, why people think having a third Link (young link) in the game would ever be a good idea is completely beyond me. Same with having a third Marth (Roy) for that matter. I honestly feel like people see characters that used to be in an old game and think that they somehow deserve to come back. But seriously, what would either of those characters add to the game? Also, if we create an atmosphere where the developers are afraid to cut characters from iteration to iteration the roster will become stagnant. Not everyone can come back for every game, it simply isn't reasonable. And if mother****ing Pichu can't be cut without complaints, then I don't even want to live on this planet anymore. /rant
Why can't they just be semi-clones? Heck, :falcomelee:& :ganondorfmelee: were revamped into :falco:&:ganondorf:and had their movesets changed up to not be like their clones anymore or at least distinguishable from them. Are you telling me that if they were cut from Brawl, they would be in the same boat of "lol no clones can't come back"? Even :roymelee:became:roypm:in the fanmade mod PM and was made unique from Marth to the point where the majority of his moves were different. If fan modders can do that with him, I don't see how a professional team can't do the same and even change up some of his special moves. As for :younglinkmelee:, he can easily return with his Melee moveset and have the ability to use Masked forms by using the taunt buttons.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Well, I want K. Rool to win, and that one is going well so far. I also want Krystal, Daisy or Shantae; because K. Rool demands more women! (and I happen to like them for good reasons as well).
Also, I was doing the VS poll. But I had to stop to take a breath after seeing Goku, Sonichu and Fluttershy in a row.

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet
I want [insert character I voted] to win!

I've voted on that test in the OP about 150 times so far and Ridley hasn't appeared once. I've had Fluttershy about a quarter of the time. :<

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Dark Samus, Stylux... maybe Ridley if I'm gonna be stupidly desperate for a Metroid character...

Midna could be a really great character, too.

Isaac from Golden Sun (I've not played it myself, but I REALLY want the Golden Sun fans to get a rep in for some reason)

Also Wolf. Wolf is important. I want him back.
Mate, three of those characters are already NPCs. It was bad enough when the monsters from Pac-Man were included as stage hazards, assist trophies AND as Pac-Man's smash attacks. I don't want two Midnas running about at once.

I think basically everyone wants Wolf back. He was a great character with fun gameplay and flashy attacks.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
This poll makes me sad. No love for Bomberman? He is such an iconic character with close ties to Nintendo. And while I'm already aware that people don't seem to like Tingle, the fact that he is so close to dead last makes me sad. I honestly feel like he would be the second best new rep for Zelda after Impa, just because he recurs in the series, but alas everyone hates him with an unreasonable passion that I can't understand.

Also, not to hate, but I actually really don't want Snake back (especially since he would be competing with Bomberman). Snake never felt like he actually fit into the atmosphere of Smash when he was in Brawl. He felt very shoe-horned in to me. And when you think about importance to the company, Bomberman seems like the better candidate to me (though I could potentially be wrong there).
I've always been indifferent towards Tingle. I don't think he's a particularly good character, but the fact that he appears in the Zelda series quite often, and even starred in his own freaking game, makes him a classic character. Yet some people REALLY hate him, and I've never really understood that. Bomberman also appeared in a Smash Bros clone game called DreamMix TV World Fighters on the GameCube, showing that he can fit in Smash Bros if Hudson Soft allow it (Though aren't Hudson owned by Konami now? If so, his appearance in Smash would be even more likely since Snake appeared in the last Smash).

Top Bottom