• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think will finally take down ZeRo?

Who do you think will finally take down ZeRo?

• ESAM

Votes: 63 30.1%
  • Mr. R

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Nairo

Votes: 76 36.4%
  • Ally

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Dabuz

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Abadango

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Mr. ConCon

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 50 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Pretty self explanatory. Who do you think will finally take down ZeRo, and why? Personally I'm thinking ESAM just because of his amazing run against ZeRo at SSC.

verbatim

Smash Ace
IDK, of the people mentioned only ESAM/Ally/Mr R play a character with a comparable matchup to Sheik. I think Nairo's a good enough player to overcome the MU disadvantage.

One of the things that I'm REALLY looking forward to is Ranai fighting the top international players. He has pretty extensive matchup experience with Diddy Kong and Sheik from Rain and the rest of the Japanese competitive scene, and plays Villager at a level no one outside of Japan really has experience with. I don't think he'll beat ZeRo, who's primary strength is that he really doesn't take anything for granted (someone mentioned that the first thing he did after winning his evo pools was to hunt down anyone and everyone who knew how to play Wii Fit Trainer in preparation for his matchup with John Numbers, and that he went out of his way to get matchup experience with Pacman for his fight with Abadango in top 8), and who would be going into the fight with what I can only assume is a positive matchup for Sheik, but I think that he'll do very well against the international community's best, and that he could honestly have won evo/made it to the second set of Grand Finals if he took the time to adapt to working with Villager's customs.

Bit of an add on to the whole different metagames thing, Abadango's one of my favorite players to watch, and i've noticed that he benefited MASSIVELY from people not having matchup experience versus the players and customs he used in evo. He benefited a lot against Esam from his unfamiliarity with Pacman, specifically the physics with the water.

Speaking of customs, the Speeding Bike custom side b he used with Wario throughout the top 8 has a very big tradeoff, namely that almost any attack can break it, something TKBreezy actually mentioned while commentating. ZeRo was the ONLY player that I saw taking advantage of this weakness, breaking the bike with fair whenever it came out.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I think Nairo could be the one if he puts in a lot of work. If he can get past both Diddy and Sheik he'd be fine.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I could see his :4sheik: being beaten, but if he keeps his :4diddy: up and :4diddy: gets buffed in the future, ZeRo will probably keep with his winning streak.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Imo, right now the top players can be put into "tiers".

Tier 0: ZeRo
Tier 1: Nairo/ESAM/Mr.R
Tier 2: Ally/Dabuz/Abadango

I'm leaning either towards Nairo or ESAM being the ones to beat ZeRo. Mr.R maybe, but ZeRo knows Sheik well enough to make it hard for him.
Ally, Dabuz and Abadango aren't quite there yet. Everytime Ally faces ZeRo he gets destroyed, not due to MUs but due to the differences in skill level.

But as in any competitive game, players keep getting better. So who knows.

LightLV

Smash Ace
it's already happened...

People just seem determined to forget

Last edited:

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
Nairo. I can't see anyone else, Leo is just people getting too overhyped. Someone has to play him and then fix their mistakes playing against him, and just force him into lose/lose situations. I feel Nairo has the highest chance of accomplishing this.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Me. I played him in For Glory three times, and I took a total of two stocks. Watch out, ZeRo. I'm coming for you.

let's not talk about how he was using the three dlc characters right after their launch

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Nairo has a mental block. He won multiple games against ZeRo at EVO (had a kill confim with nothing ZeRo could do) but choked. ESAM does not have a mental block, took him to game 5, and only lost because he airdodged at the wrong time. ESAM will take him down at the lastest Apex 2016. Mr. R, Abadango, etc just are not on ZeRo and ESAM's level, particularly considering ESAM v. ZeRo at SSC.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Probably ESAM. He was one upair away from sending ZeRo to losers bracket at smashcon.

Last edited:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
If ZeRo picks up luigi like he planned on doing, ESAM will never beat him. Even if the luigi is only 65% polished compared to his sheik/diddy.

Nairo's the only one with the skill and character spread I can see taking out a ZeRo prepared for the pika MU. ESAM could do it but only if ZeRo doesn't pick up luigi (like everyone else is doing lol)

After them, Ally's if he takes the game seriously or diversifies his character pool more than mario/marth... If he sticks with MK (a solid choice since he hates rosa/sheik... won't help vs his most hated MU against luigi though) then he might do it too.

I have a little hope in LEO too. ZeRo actually knows how to use that character though...

verbatim

Smash Ace
I will be extremely happy if Paragon GF is ZeRo Luigi vs Esam Power Suit Samus/Yoshi.

Last edited:

verbatim

Smash Ace
That's disappointing, what about you? I saw you playing him a bunch a while back but I haven't really seen you much since.

I'm really interested in playing the character personally but I really have fun playing his neutral with Egg Toss.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Personally I think someone out of the blue will beat him. The game is still young. He's the starting "god". someone, Idk who, but someone will beat him and take his crown eventually. I hope its something out of the clear blue lol

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
ZeRo is Ken right now. ESAM and Nairo are Chillindude and Azen. Who will be PC Chris? Leo? Probably not. Outdated Melee references aside, I think Nairo will be the first to beat ZeRo after this streak. Nairo just needs a calmer, more focused mindset when playing against ZeRo. Once ZeRo has been cracked though, I think he'll be losing a lot more. Nairo, ESAM, Mr. R, Leo, all of the top players will catch up to one another. And it'll be awesome.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
DISCLAMER: this thread isn't meant to dis on @ChileZeRo or any of the top players in any way. It's only purpose to propose the hypothetical question "What's the easiest, fastest, and most efficient way to become the best Super Smash Bros. for Wii U player?"

I assume many competitive Super Smash Bros. player have a long term goal to be the best at the game. Whether it's to become better than your friends, local players, regional players, or even national players you will never be considered the best player in the world until you beat ZeRo.

ZeRo, being ranked as the best player is often considered unbeatable. He is almost treated as if he's the God of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Don't get me wrong, ZeRo has done a lot for the Smash 4 community and is someone people like as the top player *cough* unlike leffen *cough*, but players and spectators want to cheer for the underdog.

Now let's say Steve (random name) is a beginner to competitive Smash and has never gone to a tournament before. Steve is willing to do anything and everything he can to be ranked higher that ZeRo on SmashBoards Rankings, but he doesn't know where to begin.

Steve's not doing it for the money or fame, he's doing it for the satisfaction of being the best at Smash 4. His only long term goal is to be ranked as the best Smash 4 player.

What would Steve need to do in order to be ranked higher than ZeRo? How should he train? What tournaments should he go to? What character(s) should he main? How can he learn from the professional smashers? What techniques will he need to learn? How much money would he need? Etc.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
They should pick the toppest of top tiers (Sheik, maaybe ZSS), go to literally every tournament they possibly can (lots of money spent on travelling), and try and get as many games in against the best players of that area as possible.

They should also try their best to get their games recorded and uploaded, so they can analyse their losses, and compare their gameplay to gameplay of top players, and adjust accordingly.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
That's disappointing, what about you? I saw you playing him a bunch a while back but I haven't really seen you much since.

I'm really interested in playing the character personally but I really have fun playing his neutral with Egg Toss.
I've dropped yoshi too. I honestly believe he's extremely overhyped. He presents the facade of a good character with good frame data and movement, but few to no safe/consistent kill set-ups just makes him unwieldy at high level or when people are familiar with the character.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I used to believe it would be ESAM. Honestly, I just do not see it happening anymore. Nairo has more potential; however, he obviously chokes a little too much. But one day, one day he will not choke, and one that day, Zero will be taken down.

In the mean time, I am enjoying Zero's win streak. I want to see how far he can go.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I used to believe it would be ESAM. Honestly, I just do not see it happening anymore. Nairo has more potential; however, he obviously chokes a little too much. But one day, one day he will not choke, and one that day, Zero will be taken down.

In the mean time, I am enjoying Zero's win streak. I want to see how far he can go.
You know nairo only really choked against zero that one set. He just got beat all the others.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
There was a joke TKBreezy made on the Blast Zone podcast where he said if there was a smash 4 anime about the players, it would just be the DBZ Bardock special. ZeRo is Frieza and Nairo is Bardock.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
So after all, none of these options. Vinnie took a set off ZeRo at PAX Prime 2015.

David Viran

Smash Lord
So after all, none of these options. Vinnie took a set off ZeRo at PAX Prime 2015.
Err the goal is to knock zero out of the tourney because concon already took a set off zero. Vinnie was damn close tho. I thought he was going to do it.

Last edited:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Huh. I always thought of Vinny in the same skill group as Dabuz, below ESAM/Nairo. It was probably a combination of ZeRo disliking the ditto, and him being emotionally scattered, yes...?

Or was I just sleeping on Vinnie?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Huh. I always thought of Vinny in the same skill group as Dabuz, below ESAM/Nairo. It was probably a combination of ZeRo disliking the ditto, and him being emotionally scattered, yes...?

Or was I just sleeping on Vinnie?
you were sleeping on him.

And so was I, his Sheik levelled up so damn much so quickly. Guy ewas playing out of this world.

Top Bottom