• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who do you think the new character will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tera253

Smash Ace
so right. we've all heard the rumors about the new trailer that's going to show another character haven't we? well, assuming it's true, which character do you think will be showcased.
personally, Tera thinks most likely Yoshi or DK, knowing the way the Smash Crew is.
(should have bribed Kojima to get a snapshot of the character select screen)
~Tera253~

The Director

Smash Lord
You took the words right out of my mouth. My money's on Yoshi and DK. Maybe Falcon?

Watch, we'll get some unexpected ****ty character like Birdo or something...

RenX

Smash Apprentice
well i dont think they will show one of the old chars despite the fact that it wont be that big of a deal i think its going to be sonic now that my friends would blow everyone away

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I really hope that it won't be someone who we already nkow.

Actually, scratch that.

People we know (so we can see their updated looks) AND new characters.

I'm hoping that any of those guys DK, Yoshi, Ness, C. Falcon, and maybe Captain Olimar, SONIC, Wolf or Krystal, or some random Mario character (that isn't a generic villain like Koopa or Goomba.)

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Well, remember that Nintendo World Trailer from last year? And how they only mentioned that the only new material would be characters like Zero Suit Samus, Wario and Snake in-game and some new levels, yet Fox was shown off in the end? I'm betting that under that logic, we'll see Melee characters along with a new character, as my impression from what they gave out last year was that they didn't consider Fox's redesign a character reveal.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I believe that they will have a trailer that has Sonic along with a couple of old characters with an updated look and some new stages

darkshy

Smash Ace
I heard that no new news will come out until May is that true? If not when can we expect one?
For my character. Mabey Sonic. That's all I can say. Mabey Sora he was on the GBA so mabey he'll be considered.

TriforceJ

Smash Apprentice
It's probably going to be a starter character; most likely going to be someone we've already seen in Melee.

Then again, I could be wrong. When Melee was released, we had five new, non-secret characters revealed initially (Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Shiek, and the Ice Climbers), and this time, we only have four (Meta-Knight, Pit, Wario, and Samus's Zero-Suit iteration*), leaving one slot open.

It could be someone we've already seen. It could be the final new starter character.

---------------

* If you remember correctly, Sakurai said that any third-party character would be an unlockable rather than be available from onset, so Snake is going to be a secret character.

Also, it pretty much negates Sonic from the possibility of being revealed on May 15, seeing as how the character revealed will most likely be a first-party starter. Sorry.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
The way I see it, it'll probably show DK and Yoshi battling it out on a new DK stage, and soon enough they'll show two brand new character to fight them, like Diddy and Toad.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Alright, so all the first-party characters that have been announced are:

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Samus/Zero Suit
Fox
Meta-knight
Pit
Wario

Third-parties announced are:

Snake (hidden)

Alright so we have 9 characters in, plus 1 hidden. The first nine are enough to make the starting roster. If there is to be a new trailer that reveals new characters, it'll probably show us 2 more characters the most, if not none. Hidden ones will mostly stay hidden till the game is release.

That's my view of it.

Link226

Smash Ace
So rumor says a new trailer is coming out around May?

If so, im hoping they show 2 characters from Melee and two new characters. And of course new stages!

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
hmm, well If they show a new trailer at E3, I think it'l be start off by showing some of the confirmed fighting already, and then Yoshi & DK come and start smacking everyone around.
Probably shows a couple new stages, or "super smash" moves, THEN we see one or two new characters.....like King DDD or Ct. Olimar.....

but, my biggest bet is, considering the new trailer comes at E3, At the ending of the trailer, we`ll see Sonic ( similar to how Snake was revealed) .....if `Sonic Isnt announced at E3, then I doubt he`ll be in Brawl at all, because Nintendo would be missing out on a LOT of benefitial controversy.

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I'm puttin my money on DK, everyone is right, I think it would be really cool if they put in Wolf O'Donnel or kept shiek, and your right if sonic isn't in the trailer at E3 then he won't be in the game. I am looking forward to the game but I'm gettin kinda nervous about the chars.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'll suggest that they are going to reveal one partner to every Big One they've shown so far. Luigi/Bowser/Peach, a Pokemon, Zelda or Ganondorf... and so on.

The Director

Smash Lord
Then again, I could be wrong. When Melee was released, we had five new, non-secret characters revealed initially (Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Shiek, and the Ice Climbers), and this time, we only have four (Meta-Knight, Pit, Wario, and Samus's Zero-Suit iteration*), leaving one slot open.
I wonder why all the secrecy with Brawl? Probably Nintendo's good ol' hype machine at work...

E3 is a big place to announce Sonic. If they do, I'm sure Nintendo would turn more than a few heads from the Microsoft and Sony booths, and Nintendo will have delivered in the ultimate way. (finally!)

I mean come on. If they did another huge trailer at E3 which is almost garunteed, adding Sonic in at the end would be all I would need to hold me off until the game came out. In a way, it's almost like blowing your Smash load all at once.

Oh and the whole 'trailer/news in May' stuff is just rumors...not even anything hinted at by Nintendo or Sakurai or anything. Just fans' wishful thinking...but I think May will be the month, too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom