• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think is the least interesting newcomer in Smash 4?

Who do you think is the least interesting newcomer in Smash 4?

• Greninja

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Lucina

Votes: 52 52.0%
  • Little Mac

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Mega Man

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mii fighters

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • Pac-Man

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Paulutena

• Robin

• Rosalina and Luma

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Villager

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Wii Fit Trainer

Votes: 7 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Out of the twelve confirmed newcomers who do you think is least interesting? Perssonally for me it's Robin.

JuanHUM

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuanHUM
The miis i was totally agaist the idea of the miis characters in smash. I really love the miis now but its the least iconic character in smash bros history and for me the least interesting

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
I like all the characters so far, but Lucina is probably the least interesting cause she's a clone of Marth. I still like her and I don't mind that she is a clone but because she is a clone makes her less interesting.

Jakester897

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jakester897
3DS FC
0645-6281-7625
I voted for the Villager. I love Animal Crossing, but his inclusion doesn't excite me. He's a mundane character that uses mundane tools to perform mundane tasks. I would have much preferred Tom Nook, who would have also been another villain to add to the roster.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Moveset wise: Lucina since she's the cloniest of clones. Though I'm still glad she's in.

Character wise: Miis, since Blandy McBlandBland is apparently an iconic Nintendo character. Their artwork even uses the blandest of default Mii styles.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Pacman, I knew he'd be in the second I heard Namco was involved. I was not surprised when he was unveiled. It's not that I don't like him, but I find him the least interesting.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
Gameplay wise, I love the newcomers in this game more than any previous Smash game. Sakurai really went out of his way to make each feel unique.

Whether unique also means balanced is yet to be seen, but I have high hopes.

That being said, it's obvious that Lucina is my least favourite. It's possible that her non-tipping sword will result in drastically different yet viable strategies, but remembering Roy from Melee and how his sword mechanic was vastly inferior to Marth's, I believe one character will make the other redundant.

Still, I hope to be proven wrong!

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Lucina, from what I can sell she's based on Marth in Fire Emblem and in Smash 4 she's a clone of Marth.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I realise that Lucina is a newcomer, but putting her into this poll was never going to result in anything other than Lucina receiving the most votes. :p It's like making a poll for "which is more interesting out of clones or unique newcomers?".

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
In terms of play style is Lucina, but in terms of character Greninja is easily the least interesting tome. Can't get excited for another Pokémon rep.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I like all the characters so far, but Lucina is probably the least interesting cause she's a clone of Marth. I still like her and I don't mind that she is a clone but because she is a clone makes her less interesting.
My thoughts exactly! I'm not even a huge FE fan (I haven't played Awakening to be honest...) but for some reason I can't wait to play as her.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I'm anti-third party so I'm personally not remotely interested in Mega Man or Pac-Man. But in the interests of objectivity, the correct answer is obviously Lucina for the reasons everyone else has stated. She doesn't even LOOK interesting!

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
She doesn't even LOOK interesting!
Now that I'm going to have to disagree with. :p

I actually voted for the Villager because I've never played Animal Crossing and am probably the least excited for him out of all the newcomers we've seen so far. That said, I'm still looking forward to trying him out. :p

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Lucina, obviously. The rest of them look pretty unique (except maybe Greninja) and sound very interesting.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I have to go with Villager, he just doesn't interest me.

D

Deleted member

Why is Lucina even on this poll?

Ignore her, and (for me at least) this question becomes a lot harder to answer.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Torn between Greninja and Rosalina. We already had plenty of characters from those franchises, we did not need more.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Pac-Man, I just don't find him that interesting.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Out of the twelve confirmed newcomers who do you think is least interesting? Perssonally for me it's Robin.
Id like to hear why you think Robin is the least interesting. Especially since the miis and Lucina are included in this vote.

Booster

Smash Lord
Lucina. Not only should it have been Chrom, but she's a clone of Marth too, Wii Fit Trainer is the obvious joke character but it's atleast its own character.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
All of the newcomers confirmed so far had never disappointed me yet, but of course Wii-fit trainer is my least favorite.

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
Oops, I forgot Lucina was an option. Pac-Man is the second least-interesting to me.

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
I'm torn between Pac-man and Miis.

(I'm choosing not to answer Lucina, just to be different :p)

If I had to choose, probably Miis.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Lucina and to a lesser extent Robin. Yay, more Marth and Roy/Ike clones. At least the Mii moveset can be something unique and refreshing. Two Fire Emblem characters was enough for me as well.

Also, gonna assume whoever voted Mega Man is trollin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom