• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you hate fighting as Olimar?

Awex

Smash Lord
up smash can be an annoying spam but avoidable as an edgeguard. Just use the invincibility on your rising attack after you tether to get through the mortar.

As for the rest of the explosives.. Olimar is fortunately small so you can kinda weave through them if you're good at controlling your character. While doing so, tossing pikmin onto him as he plants and throws explosives. Most snakes will up tilt or use some other move to shake off the pikmin, which is your chance to punish the lag after their attack. Be careful not to get too close and get whacked with a second up tilt unless you can really get in there in time.

Snake is also combo bait and spike bait. The damage should rack up quickly for you.

Watch out for Back air from Snake though. It's a beast against Olimar, as it goes through up smash and almost all of Olimar's moves, and a Snake that knows this will be more troublesome than others.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Snake is by no means horrible for Olimar. That matchup is slightly tilted in Olimar's favor. Probably a 55/45 Olimar.

Ice Climbers get wrecked by Olimar as well. Olimar's like the only character who can grab Ice Climbers effectively. You just grab from far away, dthrow and start destroying Nana with smashes and aerials until you can spike her. Probably a 70/30 matchup in Olimar's favor.

Marth, Metaknight and ROB are the 3 really bad Olimar matchups. Diddy is annoying but not as brutal as those 3.
I agree with Snake, 55/45 Olimar. Ice Climbers, however, I strongly disagree with. Olimar in no means has an advantage with them, let alone 70/30 in their favor. A good ic player knows how to react fast enough with either climber to break you out of your combo, escaping their cg is nearly impossible if you get grabbed yourself, and their sideb wrecks through you leaving you with little to do.

Awex

Smash Lord
Olimar's range on fsmash and grab make it so difficult for ICs to even get a grab, and Olimar's moves are very good at splitting the climbers up. (Nair, grabs, down smash)

I've got some tournament experience vs very good Ice Climbers. It's definitely a positive matchup.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Other Olimars.

Do you guys have some sort of a matchup thread?
Not sure what this has to do with the topic, but yes we do it's a sticky at the top of the page. This thread is just our opinions of who we don't like to fight though =\

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Diddy Kong doesn't have many killing moves, but his bananas are SO ANNOYING. They just destroy ground games and that's what Olimar shines at the most.

Excellence

Smash Champion
ROB and G&W are my only troublesome matchups. Maybe it's because I'm playing a 'pro' ROB and G&W main, but it's just annoying. ROB pushes right off the edge if I ever slip up, or trip up, literally and G&W Bairs are a nightmare to deal with. Did I even mention trying to recover from F/N-Airs off ledge?

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi... His neutrals mess with olimar: nair, jabs, (not so much neutral b). Dumb rubber shoes. I also hate fighting dittos. I actually hate fighting olimar as any character. Glad he is #1 for me.

Forgot about spammy Wolfs and Pits. I can usually beat spammy Pits, but they are annoying.

Top Bottom