• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you guys main other than Luigi?

VEC

Smash Journeyman
I have been my Legendary Pika/LUigi combo since the original so mines Pikachu , you guys?

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Mostly I play as Kirby, Mario and G+W for secondaries. Kirby has a floaty style similar and yet different from Luigi, Mario as it only helps, and G+W because he's outright awesome.

Also I loved G+W In Melee but he sorta sucked so it's nice to see he got a load better =)

Sometimes I play as basically anyone I feel like playing in lots of casuals, tho.

Eten

Smash Ace
I also play ZSS a lot, but really just for fun because she has such an unorthodox moveset.

I play Luigi for pretty much almost everything, except for what I realistically can't(D3, I suppose)
in which case I play Zelda because she's about as good of a D3 counterpick you can get
-Din's fire beats waddle dee spam and can force crappy approach D3 to approach
-She's really hard to approach for most anyway
-D3's massive fat hitbox gets caught by the ranged multi-hit boxes of Zelda's attacks very easily, also makes an easy target for Zelda's fair/bair super KO moves
-too light to be chaingrabbed
-Excellent, excellent KO ability that very effectively makes up for D3s extra weight
-She doesn't take much practice to be good at. He simplicity makes her a very functional extra choice for me.

If Luigi could play w/o worry of the infinite against D3, I'd probably play just luigi for every matchup. Although I do enjoy playing ZSS, DK, and Kirby sometimes.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
I Play Luigi/PIka Luigi mostly all the time excwept on D3 also. But I can play Snake, Marth, Link etc. But im beast with Luigi and Pika Luigi tops

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Sheik for most everything else. I still can't beat MK though ehhhhh. I honestly just don't have much fun NOT playing Luigi though. I have so much fun playing Luigi I'm willing to eat the bad matchups most of the time. Sounds pretty silly, but D3 is the only real char I counterpick against. I play Sheik second just for the lulz.

Naxxun

Smash Rookie
beside luigi i use toon link and fox most of the time.....and i´m working on my D3 at the moment

Mabo

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry, this thread is blasphemy and must be eradicated. Noone is allowed to be good as ANYONE but Luigi.
But in all seriousness, I second Olimar. He's a Pik-Pimp.

Eten

Smash Ace
You know
I hate Luigi vs. Metaknight so much, that I've been trying to find a secondary that does well against both MK and D3. I find DK, for what's it worth, to be a really strong choice vs. Metaknight- I mean, even though if I pitted say, Luigi vs. DK I'd put my money on Luigi everytime, the ape is heavy and he's got some really useful super range on his tilts and some excellent out of shield options that makes him able to tussle with Snake and Metaknight as if they weren't such high tier characters after all. But the problem is is that both DK AND Luigi get caught in the same infinite grab stuff, which is really annoying and makes it impractical to use DK as a secondary to Luigi.

It leaves me really not sure who I should use as a secondary. And it doesn't help that Luigi is so awesome I tend to feel very "meh" about a lot of characters when I compare them.

(Meh... He's alright, but no 50% kill option
Meh... He's alright, but doesn't combo very well
Meh... He's alright, but there is all this lag on his attacks... etc.)

Which of course, simply puts me in a stupid position of being unable to find any really good secondary. I mean, if a character could do all those things that Luigi can do AND also counter Metaknight and D3, why would anyone ever play Luigi?(besides the fact that he's Luigi)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
When it comes secondaries, I tend to change almost everytime. That's why it's best to play with each character and get to know at least their basic metagame. I chose Mario as maybe Secondary because of his amazing edgeguarding skills. His cape, his Fludd, and his sexy upair is the best, He still tends to have the similar fighting style as luigi. Also i chose him because my friend had a ness/lucas main and secondary so i copyed him for the hell of it xD

Waddle_Doo

Smash Cadet
I choose Dedede and Ness. I like Dedede in matches with 3 or more people. And Ness is just PK-Awesome. (His Aerial PK Fire is more useful than Lucases, in my opinion) I've really kind of stopped using Marth...>__>

globiumz

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi. I just love combo machines. Guess I will have to try Sonic and Diddy too.

For the sake of memories I'm editing this post. I might also use it as a source of information to prove my claims to people at a latter point. The thing is, I recently gotten interested in a certain field which a certain organization I once read about in a book is heavily invested in. Yes! I have been interested in this since early September. Too bad I didn't think of saving this earlier in september, but that opportunity has passed unfortunately.

Eten

Smash Ace
Yeah I love combo machines too.
I think I'm settling on ZSS as a secondary because of it. Her moveset is fun and she's a very fast character, and since she doesn't get chaingrabbed by D3, I figure that's all I need.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
I second Pink Luigi for some craaazy mind games

Luigi be too good...

I laugh at all the snake players...

pfft

Real men "Are" their own missiles.

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
Check my Sig!

Actually... I have it in this order...

1 Main: Luigi (White&Green)

2 Main: Kirby

3 Mains (no particular Order) Zelda/Sheik, Captain Falcon, Snake

4 Mains (No particular order) Peach, Ike, Jigglypuff

If I'm playing for a long time... online or offline in multiplayer... I generally go through that list... then after I do the last person, I would probably start switching between Luigi and Kirby.

But I always choose the green outfit.

Top Bottom