• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you dislike the most in Melee?

Hoodlumz

Smash Rookie
I REALLY hate Falco. Getting double shined and spammed lasers is really annoying. Fox's lasers I can handle because I can stay mobile.
As a Sheik main, If I cant get my grabs I have NO way to combo into a kill and it is so frustrating.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Peach.
It feels like the least intuitive matchup among the top characters and there's not many chances for most players to practice it. She's annoyingly simple with DSmash spam and yet fairly technical with float techniques. I just don't understand how to fight or how to play this character.

Maybe I just hate her because she floats over lasers.

IndianapolisCentralGaming

Banned via Warnings
Nana, you can't even rage about about her to who You're fighting without looking like an idiot. Wtf why'd she do nothing/taunt.

After words it's hard to pick. Fighting fox is like grabs only where he does whatever cause You have to approach.

Peach's random factor/dash attack

Samus

Doc is a gimick most the time

Proobie44

Smash Cadet
Adventure mode, part of it seems pretty lazy. I mean it's great they're trying to make single player......something but it really comes out as boring dragged out experience.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Kirby.

seriously, how badly he was nerfed was a sin, and probably the only thing that keeps me from enjoying Melee at 100% capacity.

Last edited:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
sheik grabs and ftilt/dashattack/anything -> fair makes me incredibly salty

Jack Empty

Smash Rookie
I hate playing against Marth and Sheik, and I dislike watching Marth and Sheik. I'd rather watch Jiggs vs YLink for 8 minutes than watch any match of any length with Marth and/or Sheik unless they're getting destroyed.

When watching streams I use those games as a time to go make food.

aOA

Smash Rookie
Character: Fox
Pro: M2K and Armada. I don't dislike that they are good, but I just hate that they destroy every tourney that they go to.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I guess I have to take it back. Nintendo didn't turn its back on us and seems actually cooperative for the moment. Awesome.

#ThanksNintendo

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Sheik and Marth, it is disgusting how bad of a matchup it is for Ness. Along with most mid-low tiers; making them definitively lower tiers.

Encephalon Decay

Smash Cadet
Nana. Dear god Nana. Anyone who complains about wobbling needs to play IC's at a random tourney and learn just how "smart" she is when she isn't at your side (And sometimes when she is, given the situation.)

Too many times has that woman let me down during a sideb/upb recovery.

I love the woman to death, but sometimes she makes me want to throw remotes.

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
I don't dislike any characters really, but I hate playing against floaties, Ice Climbers and Shiek. Shiek especially as a Marth main.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I dislike master hand the most. He tried to finger me and I'll never forgive him

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
Not specifically anything in the game itself, but the people who find that ONE MOVE that is so cheap and they just spam it over, and over, and over.
Every first-time Link player w/Up-B
Every first-time DK player w/down-b
Every casual Pikachu player w/down-b
Every casual Kirby player w/down-b

Top Bottom